• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the Cover of the Final Issue of Nintendo Gamer reveal upcoming Nintendo games?

TDLink

Future Publishing has released the cover for their final issue of Nintendo Gamer which will be out after the Nintendo conference on the 13th. Does the cover give away some potential reveals? I am specifically looking at the bottom right.

DjOiq.jpg

The M.O.B

"We think Nintendo should return to Star Fox someday, Miyamoto himself has stated he wants Starfox on Wii U"

something like that

I doubt it. They're not going to show Smash Bros or Pokemon for 3DS yet and Nintendo is never making a new F-Zero or Star Fox.

Did Nintendo Gamer actually ever get better? Back when it launched, it pretty much was a worse version of Official Nintendo Magazine by the same publisher.

And that's not saying much when considering that ONM has been pretty terrible since it launched in 2006.
I miss NOM damn it. :(

man, I haven't seen an actual cover of a Nintendo Power since Clinton was in office... but damn... I really don't like the 'modern/professional' style. :/

Probably just nostalgia, but the old Nintendo Power logo was timeless. :}

So publications already have wiiu launch details? or is this mag not even finalized yet and won't hit shelves until well after the 13th?

ChaosXVI

There is no way Nintendo would announce that many new games at the conference next week. Hell, they may not announce a single one.

I'm just going to chalk this up to them saying "What's next for Nintendo" in general, but using the franchises on the cover as a way to express that. Still, I would certainly call it false advertising if I didn't know better and paid for that magazine.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'd like to understand the meaning of that "tragically funny".

TDLink

man, I haven't seen an actual cover of a Nintendo Power since Clinton was in office... but damn... I really don't like the 'modern/professional' style. :/

Probably just nostalgia, but the old Nintendo Power logo was timeless. :}

This isn't Nintendo Power. Nintendo Power's last issue is a few months away still.

People already have the issue. See my post above.

Ok, so what does it say? The cover also very specifically mentions release date, price, and launch games of the Wii U...there is no way that can be speculation.

Rich!

This isn't Nintendo Power. Nintendo Power's last issue is a few months away still.

Ok, so what does it say? The cover also very specifically mentions release date, price, and launch games of the Wii U...there is no way that can be speculation.

Its not serious. Dude, people have the mag. Theres no new info.

Half of it is the staff joking around.

So for their final issue they decide to make the ultimate troll attempt. I would have bought this magazine instantly if I saw it sitting on a shelf in UK.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Couldnt stop laughing after opening the topic and seeing Mario, Link, and Samus staring back.

Name drops of Pokemon, Smash Bros, Starfox and (an outlier I'll admit) F-Zero?! Who are these prophets that walketh amongst us!

At first i though this was Nintendo Power. Looks like I'll have to actually buy the last issues at my workplace as they didn't let me renew my sub. Sucks for those that get Nintendo Gamer though. Sucks that both magazines got canned.

The cover reminds me of the issue of EGM (I think) that I first saw Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime. Blew my mind back in the day.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
God that is a shitty cover.

Somebody tell Will Overton thats not the side of the hand where thumbs go.

Linkup

If it did the info would already be on every Nintendo fan blog. Is it? No. Okay then its just speculation. Same for everything else in the cover Im guessing.

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny
Err it's the last issue... They're speculating about the future of Nintendo. Subscribers have had their copies for ages. Nothing to see here apart from a great magazine lineage sadly coming to an end.

Edit: Also the cover art is fantastic, you jerks.

Top Bottom