• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M.O.R.E a kickstarter 4x space strategy game.

Perkel

Banned
Ok i searched for it on Gaf but i didn't saw any thread. Kickstarter looks good in my opinion and has captured my attention.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ased-4x-space-strategy-game?ref=home_location

Hello! We are an international team comprised of 12 people from Poland, United States and Germany.

We are interested in the cosmos, science fiction literature and films, and playing computer games — in particular, 4x (Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate) turn-based space strategies. For many years, we have played various games, and we hoped that we would finally find a game which could trigger in us a syndrome, "just one more round ..... " However, for the last several years, nothing has been produced to fill that void.

We know that many people before us undertook an ambitious challenge to dethrone the ultimate game—the classic of the genre—Master of Orion 2. These games are not satisfactory for us, because the effect is that, sooner or later, we will continue to go back to playing the classic as most diehard gaming enthusiast will do. Now, we finally decided to create a production that would be a worthy successor and extension to the 4x games of the past. We want to expand the gaming experience without complicating it.

10$ for lowest tier

Some art and graphic from game but kickstarter video shows some very good art and animations of stars:

48412e02db8c8cafaa4af6a9b15397a5_large.jpg

09e2eb9256578c6c28ac0f64f36e90e2_large.jpg

5202aee919b48c6f64ed7dd7a183cd80_large.jpg

584decb0b3155ecc04135955860fb1cc_large.jpg

interface_small.jpg

I love art direction. Most of already shown races are trully alien and looks like they are fans of Master of Orion 2. Also i have this feeling from Mass Efect 1 of exploration.

It's only $50k and they already have $35k

DiscoJer

Turn based space battles you say?

The lack of that has kept me from being too interested in most the recent 4x space games. I know usually you can stomp the AI in the ground and so the real time or automated stuff is more "fair", but I enjoy turn based so much more.

Perkel

Banned
Turn based space battles you say?

The lack of that has kept me from being too interested in most the recent 4x space games. I know usually you can stomp the AI in the ground and so the real time or automated stuff is more "fair", but I enjoy turn based so much more.

Yeah that is why i don't like endless space. It's amazing game in concept but When it comes to fight it's just not fun.

I would kill anyone if they could give us some of FTL or Nexus: Jupiter incident combat abilities. Also it looks like they are trying to be more scientific to deliver some proper star systems based on physic.

Here is more about it:

Hello,

This week we proudly announce you that the Silesian Planetarium and Observatory (http://www.planetarium.edu.pl/onas_eng.htm) has become our partner. This prestigious science center has provide us with substantial information in the fields of astronomy, astrophysics, and physics. Thanks to the generous consultations with scientists employed there, M.O.R.E. will become far more realistic - at least in terms such as the construction of the galaxy, stars, planets and cosmic phenomena. These talk, which have taken place, also created and will create new ideas to enrich our game.

planetarium.jpg

Perkel

Banned
Damn. That was quick! :p

They still got a lot of time and since most of staff is from poland 50K for them is a lot of money its like 160k zł considering it's indie project involving friends and only few workers cost of living in warsaw and small payment should be around 3k zł a month that gives 53 months of work for one person. so it's like 5-6 people for 11-12 months of work considering that they also have some of their own cash.

50K $ wouldn't even hire one developer in US for a year.

shiv_

I wish I (and thousands more) saw this during the funding phase. Looks awesome. Will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Top Bottom