• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOTUS - The New Album by Christina Aguilera |OT| of All Real Music Lovers Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

dVtFA.png

LdOcK.png

We are gathered here today to celebrate and reflect on the impeding release of LOTUS - the 5th Studio album of Pop Diva Powerhouse Supreme Christina Aguilera.

Thread will be updated as more info on the musical cleansing of the year becomes available.

vCR9F.png

Your Body (Produced by Max Martin)
Released: September 17th
4AgqL.png

Buy: iTunes|Amazon

pYDs3.png

Note: As of October 28th the deluxe edition of Lotus has been made available for preorder in the US iTunes store. Cop that shit, yo.

Deluxe Edition
JVv9I.jpg

1) Lotus Intro
2) Army of Me
3) Red Hot Kinda Love
4) Make The World Move (feat. CeeLo Green)
5) Your Botty
6) Let There Be Love
7) Sing for Me
8) Blank Page
9) Cease Fire
10) Around the World
11) Circles
12) Best of Me
13) Just a Fool (with Blake Shelton)
14) Light Up the Sky
15) Empty Words
16) Shut Up
17) Your Botty (Martin Garrix Remix)

Z6ASY.png

Your Body (Directed by Melina Matsoukas)
Released: September 28th

4MrEO.png

US: November 13th

b4K1i.png

That's the real album cover?

Hm. She's no Botticelli, that's for damn sure.

Hopefully the rest of the album is better than the hilariously underwhelming "Fuck Your Body".

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Christina's great when she isn't doing the equivalent of a pointless, masturbatory guitar solo with her voice.

botty

Banned
tumblr_madm8lgjwY1rqqk0ko1_100.gif
The Album of the Year
tumblr_madm8lgjwY1rqqk0ko1_100.gif

waiT...

I just noticed her albums in the little lotuses...

ibdB8xQbkewx14.gif

GREATEST OT EVER, ROY!
praying you get some grade A beef as a reward for this incredible creation.

i0KIEP90YgpdJ.gif

Holy God, this OP.

Christina's promo team (if she has one?) needs to hire you, sis.

I will water this sweet Lotus with my tears of happiness. <3

royalan

KlzQA.gif

Right at this very moment the LOTUS LISTENING PARTY is taking place at La Villa de Aguilera!!!

(Actual Photo of the Blessed Event)
AviqT.jpg

All the elite music press and bloggers are on the scene:
lOsgP.jpg
IptAZ.png

And if the tweets are anything to go by Lotus is really impressing the audience:

@JaredEng: &#8220;Lotus&#8221; sounds a bit Enya. Drums. Tribal. So good! &#8220;Army of Me&#8221; is Fighter 2.0. Dance driven and fun. &#8220;For the next generation of fighters!&#8221;

Stephen Sollitto &#8207;@Sollittomakeup
Fighters, @ the listening party. Blown away. Wait till u here these vocals???? OMG!!! #theoneand only

J Ibarra &#8207;@jhoodsdSorry #Fighters can't give any details...signed my life away! All I can say is that her notes are to die for this era!

@jhoodsd Just listened to Army of Me by Xtina...she slays every singer in the music industry with her vocals...god damn!

&#8207;@juliepilat
Excited 4 @therealxtina #Lotus 11/13. Favorites: Let There Be Love, Sing 4 Me, Just A Fool, & Blank Page. #newmusic

Wig-snatching vocals, GOOD song titles, ENYA TEAS!?!?!?!?

SdUlf.gif

Xtina is not fooling around this time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Aren't OTs supposed to be made a week, two tops before the release of something? Or is that gaming only?

I think it applies for this too. At least movies and other albums have respected the 1 week before release to post the OT.

Nemesis_

TV shows seem to be allowed to have two weeks prior to the show debutting.

For comparison, the BTW OT went up on 9th May, when the album came out on the 25th.

I don't want to be mean to Xtincta cos she can never get a break but yeah this does seem a bit too early.

Sai-kun

Banned
I think it applies for this too. At least movies and other albums have respected the 1 week before release to post the OT.

Nope. Doesn't apply to albums at all. Doesn't, shouldn't. No reason to at all, whatsoever.

For reference:

The Killers - Battle Born OT went up in June, the album didn't release until September
Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart OT went up in mid-March, didn't release until late April/early July
Passion Pit - Gossamer OT went up in early May, didn't release until late July
Jay/Ye - Watch the Throne OT went up in January, didn't release until August
Bjork - Biophilia OT went up in July, didn't release until October

royalan

Nope. Doesn't apply to albums at all. Doesn't, shouldn't. No reason to at all, whatsoever.

For reference:

The Killers - Battle Born OT went up in June, the album didn't release until September
Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart OT went up in mid-March, didn't release until late April/early July
Passion Pit - Gossamer OT went up in early May, didn't release until late July
Jay/Ye - Watch the Throne OT went up in January, didn't release until August
Bjork - Biophilia OT went up in July, didn't release until October

Sai-Kun's tea is true as per. It has been common practice for a while now that album OTs can be made as soon as necessary info about the album is known (title, singles, album cover, release date, track list, etc). Especially if singles and videos from the album have begun to be released.

As I have come to understand it:

Rumor has it my fave has a new album coming out sometime this year! = Too soon

My fave has a new album coming out November 13th! I know this because the first single and the video came out last month, she's tweeting the album title and cover, scheduling performances AND doing related interviews! All things that other fans of my fave should know about...perhaps compiled in one easy-to-access place like an OT. = Make |OT|

The haters and the chronically pressedT will try, but Xtina will not be held down, as usual.

Majmun

Great OP, royalan.
iIJzP8V69dase.gif

Very looking forward to this one. Stripped and Back to Basics are such great albums. Didn't like her debut and Bionic, at all.

Lotus sounds very promising, going by those impressions. And I like Your Body.

Listening parties and the directly following tweets, previews and reviews mean nothing. I don't think I've ever seen an "eh, twas alright I guess" reaction. It's always (overly) positive.

Wonder if it is due to contractual obligation ("we invite you if you review the album favorably"), or just due to courtesy ("I've been invited to a party with the artist him/herself, I just can't shit all over his/her work").

royalan

Listening parties and the directly following tweets, previews and reviews mean nothing. I don't think I've ever seen an "eh, twas alright I guess" reaction. It's always (overly) positive.

Wonder if it is due to contractual obligation ("we invite you if you review the album favorably"), or just due to courtesy ("I've been invited to a party with the artist him/herself, I just can't shit all over his/her work").

That might not be the case. One of the people in attendance was @MichelleOnAmp from Amp Radio. She was tweeting about the event the entire night and, despite loving the album overall, she was very honest in her tweets about not liking "Your Body" and thinking several songs would have been much better lead singles (in particular a song titled "Let There Be Love").

I'm at work so I can't post receipts/update the OT but if you check her twitter she gave a pretty detailed account of the night. *.*

Pretty soon you xtina fans will be able to orbit her and leave us normal people alone.

Grotesque.

royalan

LOTUS UPDATE

Thanks to Amazon UK, we now have a tracklist for the deluxe addition of the album!

Tracks:

1. Lotus
2. Army Of Me
3. Red Hot Kinda Love - Secon, Lucas
4. Make The World Move - Aguilera, Christina feat. CeeLo Green
5. Let's Find Out
6. Your Body
7. Let There Be Love
8. Sing For Me
9. Blank Page
10. Cease Fire
11. Around The World
12. Circles
13. Best Of Me
14. Shut Up
15. Just A Fool - Aguilera, Christina feat. Blake Shelton
16. Empty Words
17. Light Up The Sky
18. Your Body

Color me surprised. A lot of people speculated that Lotus would only have around 12 tracks. Nice to see Xtina's not cheating her fans out of music.

Also, an description of some of the music from the listening party that took place the other night:

Well we’ve been watching Christina Aguilera on The Voice with our very own Carson Daly, and we’ve been patiently waiting for her new album, Lotus. The good news is, the wait is almost over! Lotus is due out November 13th, but you don’t have to wait that long for more details because I got an exclusive first listen!

The listening party was at an amazing estate in Santa Monica, called “House of Rock” – it even had a recording studio on the top floor. I mean, the place was insanely gorgeous! Christina arrived wearing a flowing leopard print maxi dress with a little jean jacket. She had on sky high hot pink and gold heels and sparkly long necklaces. Her signature blonde hair had purple and hot pink tips and looked super cool!

I got to say hello to her and told her I work with Carson – yes, of course I’m going to throw out there that we both work with him! Actually now that I think about it, how crazy is that? Anyways, she was sweet and you could tell she was very excited to play her new music.

We headed to a totally cozy room with fresh flowers and candles burning. There were long, flowing white draperies and faux fur pillows all over the comfy couches. Christina was at the front of the room in a big chair with her notes handy so she could talk about each track as she played them for us. She said she really wanted to sit down and walk us through the album rather than just have it playing in the background while everyone mingles. I was glad she did it this way because it meant much more to hear about her music and how she felt about each track.

Christina talked a lot about how she’s been through a lot since her last album. She mentioned The Voice and talked about how special it was to mentor aspiring singers on the show. She touched on how happy she was for such a full career, saying, “I’m proud to be the pop star that I am.”

Then she played the intro on the album, explaining that she chose the name Lotus because, “It means the unbreakable flower — something that stands the test of time.”

So let’s get to it, here’s a little preview of my favorite songs I heard from Lotus:

Make The World Move – this one features Cee-Lo Green, and she did say his part in the song was just kind of made for him. As you’d expect from Cee-Lo, this song is upbeat, soulful, all around fun.

Let There Be Love – One of my faves on the album, this is a dance track and another she did with Max Martin. In fact, she said he calls them “Team Martina.” (Or was it “Maxtina”? You get the idea.)

Sing For Me – Really pretty. Describing this song, she gave a shout out to her fans and said this is almost an anti-bullying anthem.

Blank Page – Slower song she worked on with Sia. She said how happy she was to see Sia getting more mainstream attention. The vocals on this one are amazing, classic Christina.

Cease Fire – this is a song she did with Alex Da Kid, and she talked about his work with Eminem. I could definitely hear the influences here, the song is edgy and full of fire.

“I’m a risk-taker,” she said, adding that controversy “always seems to follow me. It’s just the way is.”

Circles – oh man, this is a fun song. It’s a big sounding song with sassy lyrics and those giant Christina vocals. She described it as a song for the haters. Like “Fighter” but “think more tongue-in-cheek.” She giggles at the end and it’s adorable.

Just A Fool – Another cool duet, this one is with Blake Shelton. She spoke very highly of Blake and said he has such a huge heart. She told us how emotional he gets over his team on The Voice, and how much he cares. This song is a little bit country and a little bit soul. It’s very pretty and emotional.

She decided to save a couple of surprises for when Lotus actually comes out, so we’ll get to hear them on November 13th. I can say this, if you’re a big XTina fan, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Lotus.

royalan

i love irony so i might just stick around a while and do some irony with you lot. you seem really good at it though so I'm going to have to practice to keep up! haha! :p

that new linkin park song is really good!

i love that new maroon 5 song. so catchy!

Strange that you love irony, seeing as you're so bad at it.

How about you be an asshole somewhere else?

Now HERE'S someone I haven't seen in a while. Hey-O!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom