• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin Thread of trying to get EA games for free

MRORANGE

ibryXDHDOXLqJV.png

Origin is a cross-platform gaming service that helps you connect with friends, purchase and manage your games, and stay up to date
on the latest video game news and releases. Becoming a part of the Origin community also gives you access to exclusive events and
offers.

The Origin client lets you easily access and play games from almost any computer, and with its built-in cloud saving feature, your
in-game progress travels with you as well. The Origin client also integrates a sophisticated social system, allowing you to chat and
play games with friends.

ibdQako3xwhqh6.png

Here is the form.
And here is the list itself for viewing.

Thanks to Mavromatis

iUgjYjUuRUt1A.png

Most solutions ot problems can be found here:

http://www.origin.com/uk/faq

or use live chat.

and YES, most EA games on Steam can be registered on Origin.

"At EA, we believe in choice. We want our products in all the places gamers go to download the best games and services. To that end,
we offer games to EVERY major download service including Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop, and Steam.

One of the most exciting aspects of games is that they just keep getting bigger and better. Both developers and consumers have evolved
beyond the traditional model that used to limit us to 15-20 hours of play on a typical disc. Today, post-launch downloads of new maps,
vehicles and other content extend the experience, adding hours of fun and a lot of value.

Every download site that hosts our games sets business terms for our relationship. These terms are often complex, but the goal is to
provide a hassle-free experience for the gamer. Prices, content exclusives, and loyalty programs may differ from site to site. Consumers
can pick the site that bests suits their needs.

Any retailer can sell our games, but we take direct responsibility for providing patches, updates, additional content and other services
for the individuals and communities that play our games. These players are connecting to our servers, so we want to provide them with
the very best service. This works well for our partnership with Gamestop, Amazon and other online retailers.

However, when a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services –
it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service.
While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable
solution to this issue soon.

Going forward, EA will continue to work with download partners and continue offering our games for sale on all major download sites.

The good news is: you’ve got plenty of choices.
"

TL:DR : This means no more EA games on Steam, unless the game is under the EA Partners Program.

iblPKQgrE5VaSk.png

Origin Jake:

ibcCNzlZGIC4aF.jpg

It is funny that Origin has been around for so long and it is just now getting an OT because people actually have games on the service now.

Phinor

So what was everyone's damage from the Origin Fall Sale

mine was $0

$0 and realization that Shift 2 is indeed just as terrible as Shift 1 was. One of the best collection of tracks in any game but they ruin the whole package by using physics from another world.

wrowa

It just needs a little mistake to get people on the service, hm? Someone should have told that EA a little earlier. :p

I've got Bulletstorm and The Saboteur yesterday, which are pretty much the only two games on the service I was interested in and I didn't feel like abusing the code just for the heck of it. Though, both games are apparently perfectly playable without the need to ever start Origin again, so I'm probably going to do just that.

Both games seem to be pretty nice from what little I've played, though.

Troll

Banned
Yes you can. Did it meself.

Awesome. Red Alert was the last game I Dl'd before it died. I wanted to get Uprising but I had thought Red Alert was required. Oh, well.

Spore is pretty awesome, but I can't get Creative to work. It keeps stopping as I try to play it, super annoying.

Hey, when I go to look up Origin friends via my Live account, it says the account is already associated with another EA account. I know which account it is (my sims account). How can I fix that?

It just needs a little mistake to get people on the service, hm? Someone should have told that EA a little earlier. :p

I've got Bulletstorm and The Saboteur yesterday, which are pretty much the only two games on the service I was interested in and I didn't feel like abusing the code just for the heck of it. Though, both games are apparently perfectly playable without the need to ever start Origin again, so I'm probably going to do just that.

Both games seem to be pretty nice from what little I've played, though.

I think there was no error. Both @AskEASupport and @OriginInsider are talking about other issues but not about the coupon.

StuBurns

Banned
This crazy deal thing, it was just for you Americans was it not?

I want Mirror's Edge, and the DLC, but I've already bought it on PS3, and on Steam, I demand free Mirror's Edgeness.

LQX

I kind of like Origin but completely uninstalled it a few weeks back as it kept corrupting Mass Effect 2 because of the BS you have to go through to verify the game. Said fuck it and downloaded it on Steam and have no problems since then.

Croc

Banned
Grabbed some things for the boyfriend as well and these are my total spoils. I'm CrocomirePrime if anyone wants to add me, though I probably will hardly be on at all until I build myself a desktop.

$0!

wrowa

I think there was no error. Both @AskEASupport and @OriginInsider are talking about other issues but not about the coupon.

The coupon itself was no error, but the abbility to redeem it multiple times on the same account was. According to the fine print it was limited to one use per account, but something apparently has gone wrong with that.

But in the end, I doubt that anyone at EA is losing any sleep over this. Most of these games were pretty old anyway and the good-will created, the new subscriptions and the new "sales" they can brag with make up for the negligible amount of actually lost money, I guess.

Top Bottom