• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin Thread of trying to get EA games for free

Wok

I had heard bad things about Origin and thought I would stick with Steam, Desura and GOG. But now, Origin is installed and I actually like the download client better than the ones from Steam and Desura, GOG is still the best though.

EA is good at marketing: they got me to install their client with a discount for US/Canada residents which was (mistakenly?) accessible to Europeans.

I have yet to buy a game on the platform for their plan to be successful.

Akkad

Banned
Not greedy like the rest of you jerks, besides I wasn't interested in anything else, lol.

0c13cf7be9c7694679e6262a12c0abcfb87ac022.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe the OP should update the post listing the Steam games that can be activated on Origin. I know Shank activates on the client, and Crysis can be added if you contact support and give them your serial code.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Origin |OT| of devaluating IPs one OS3874XVC at a time

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh hey, figured I'd post this in here because ya'll are fans of getting stuff on the cheap!

Absolutely Great Square Pack for $10!

LEzpU.jpg

Includes:

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
3. Hitman: Blood Money
4. Just Cause 2
5. Just Cause
6. Quantum Conundrum
7. Supreme Commander 2
8. The Last Remnant

You will also get a $5 credit towards Hitman Absolution preorder when you buy this bundle

Separate Steam keys for all. $10 for everything! Breaksdown to $1.25 per game/DLC! That's reallllly cheap!. Thank you based Tony! Make sure to thank him! He's Amazon Video Gamer

International buyers, just enter a US address to buy the bundle

Addnan

Do people still play BF2?

Final games, after the final orders came in just a while ago. Shank and MoH on a different acc :( Also have NHL09 somewhere..

eagamesofohl.jpg

Will not buy EA games anymore,
will wait for them to give for free!

AlexBasch

Eh, I only use Origin as a "EA Games Downloader" thing, get the games, and keep Origin closed since I run these from Steam.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So weird that Origin doesn't download the latest patched versions of games or offer you an in-client way of downloading high-res texture patches. (This is with respect to Dragon Age 2.)

Nabs

So weird that Origin doesn't download the latest patched versions of games or offer you an in-client way of downloading high-res texture patches. (This is with respect to Dragon Age 2.)

If the game doesn't require Origin (like BF3 or Fifa) then you have to go look for patches the old fashion way. Yeah. It won't even download the latest version of a game.

The worst part of these free games is that I need to play single player games for a week or more. And I also bought that Amazon bundle. I need another HDD but not enough SATA port to put it :(

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't try Origin for the first time until a month or so ago when BF3 was $10.

I really like how I can set up loadouts, see stats, ect all through a webpage.

Is there any way to redownload an installer without uninstalling the game itself? I forgot to turn on the save installer option when I downloaded a few games last night. I woke up to them installed and would like to start playing them, but I want to keep the installers just in case.

alazz

I'd like to know if you can redownload installers as well.

Yeah, I figured it will die soon anyway. It doesn't even have Mass effect 3 or Battlefield 3 on it. What a failure.

What the hell. I bet it has to have sales to even keep people interested, thus devaluing all pc games.

Smash88

Banned
Everyone is happy they got all these games, except they will be taking all of that away, so enjoy it while you still can.

Source: I lost my BF3 IGN Promo, they will take it away eventually.

Crayons

Banned
Everyone is happy they got all these games, except they will be taking all of that away, so enjoy it while you still can.

But this is way more widespread.

They'll just ban everyone who used the code, it takes too much time to remove specific games.

IGN asked them to revoke the keys. The glitch there was that people were getting content that was supposed to be an incentive to pay for premium IGN content, so they were understandably peeved. Keys for other services were revoked too.

EA didn't care. Plus there were reports of people calling EA and getting the game back onto their account anyway. Not saying they won't revoke some stuff but they're not to blame in your example.

Just wondering, besides the typical EA hate, what are the actual reasons so many people are so negative on Origin? Anything I should be concerned about?

Chakan

If most people that installed Origin yesterday stick to the service as an alternative to buy digital games now, the damage caused is actually good.

I mean, a good marketing and publishing action that would've atracted this much attention to Origin would certainly cost A LOT of money.

bigace33

Just wondering, besides the typical EA hate, what are the actual reasons so many people are so negative on Origin? Anything I should be concerned about?

Seems to be mostly Steam Zealots. I have been using Origin for a while now, and it's like any other game service to me. Even customer service has been good, so I have no complaints. This is coming from a guy who prefers steam to Origin, but the hate is really unfounded, plus Origin is always giving away free games. <3

Tizoc

OK sorry for asking this but uh how does one avail for any free games?
I was going to get Bulletstorm for PC but couldn't find any DD version of it and I noticed it in one of the screenshots in the first page. Will check Origin out soon.

I was just adding anything 19.99 and under when I heard about it. I missed a lot since they started fixing it soon after. I managed to get a Spore expansion, but not the base game.

OK sorry for asking this but uh how does one avail for any free games?
I was going to get Bulletstorm for PC but couldn't find any DD version of it and I noticed it in one of the screenshots in the first page. Will check Origin out soon.

Sorry man, but you missed the free games band wagon.

Relax.MX

Ok..i just played BF3 for PC for the first time...¿wtf with the Origin/explorer shit to start the game? worst ¿DRM? ever

Top Bottom