• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Gameplay Trailer Priemeres Tonight!

Squire

Banned

Vire

What is Sons of Anarchy anyway, is this really the same demographic?

I need to figure out what channel FX is...

Squire

Banned
What is Sons of Anarchy anyway, is this really the same demographic?

I need to figure out what channel FX is...

It's a drama about bikers. I don't watch it myself, but it's up there with Breaking Bad/Justified/Homeland/Walking Dead/etc in terms of popular TV dramas.

If they could premier the Fincher trailer during a Jimmy Fallon re-run, they can certainly do this.

aFIGurANT

So are we expecting a full blown Halo 2-style trailer where there is cool music and badass foreshadowing of the actual gameplay, or is it just like a 30 second montage bit with some cool editing?

For those that don't remember, the trailer I'm talking about was about 6 minutes and had you flying into New Mombassa in a pelican, dodging wraith cannons and getting hyped by Sgt. Johnson's "We're going in...." followed by a segment of gameplay that was cut from the game.

Vire

So are we expecting a full blown Halo 2-style trailer where there is cool music and badass foreshadowing of the actual gameplay, or is it just like a 30 second montage bit with some cool editing?

For those that don't remember, the trailer I'm talking about was about 6 minutes and had you flying into New Mombassa in a pelican, dodging wraith cannons and getting hyped by Sgt. Johnson's "We're going in...." followed by a segment of gameplay that was cut from the game.

There are those who thought this day would never come...

Wasn't that the E3 demo when the game was still in development? This was the Halo 2 TV ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_U8R-IDhA

IHaveIce

Banned
Best cliffhanger in the history of video games ;)

No it wasn't it felt totally incomplete and rushed ( only speaking of the ending) you could clearly feel that this wasn't Bungie's original plan and microsoft forced them to finish the game quickly.

Sadly we will never see the original ending

Vire

I don't understand, we've already seen several gameplay trailers?

Sure, but nearly every game these days has a "launch" trailer. Halo hasn't had an in-engine TV commercial since Halo 2 so it'll be interesting to see. AC3's came out earlier today I think, (it's pretty bad actually).

D3VI0US

Actually the worst cliff hanger honor would go to the first Soul Reaver game, I was crushed by that cliffhanger cause the story in that game was so fucking epic.

Trailer should be up on the official Youtube pretty soon after it airs if it's anything like the Scanned trailer, you don't actually have to watch Sons of Anarchy.

Monocle

I wonder how much of the campaign will be shown. The only missions I'm familiar with are the first and the third, and I've only seen relatively short sections of each. I'll have to avoid this trailer if it spoils a lot of new locations.

My point is I really don't see the people who follow this show as their target audience. I know it's good :).

They showed a Halo commercial at the Superbowl once. It's not like there are only a certain type of people in the world who like Sons of Anarchy and those people don't like Halo. Many people like multiple types of things. SoA pulls in quite a few viewers, it's as good show as any to show off the game.

Squire

Banned
This is essentially a second launch trailer. They had Scanned to scratch the live-action itch (well, assuming you liked Scanned, haha) and now there's this one to show the campaign. I think Scanned relied on intrigue. This will bring bombast!

Grisby

Did I just miss something? I was typing, heard "Halo 4", and literally just saw the title.

edit- I don't think that was it but it would be pretty funny if it was, like 3 seconds.

Demon Ice

Banned
Is 10:37 when it's airing on TV or will there be direct feeds available at that time? I have no idea what Sons of Anarchy is.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jess Christ I watched that halo2 trailer a million times back when I was like 16. I literally couldn't sleep the day before that game came out I was so excited. Ohhhh man I was such a nerd. I still think my biggest problem with halo2 is the graphics. Not the story or the game itself. The muddy dull bump mapping or whatever is just so god damn ugly. Halo1 looks better in every way.

Squire

Banned
Is 10:37 when it's airing on TV or will there be direct feeds available at that time? I have no idea what Sons of Anarchy is.

SoA is a basic cable crime drama about bikers that airs on FX. 10:37 EST is the time at which the trailer will air on television. It should be on YouTube only minutes later, Halo Waypoint shortly after that.

Top Bottom