• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACKKstudio is bringing Two Brothers to the Wii U eShop

Announcement article from Emily Rogers

Official Trailer

Slated for a 2013 release.

Seems like a good fit for the platform to me. What do you guys think?

The talk of Nintendo actively seeking out developers is also encouraging.

- Ackkstudios are now officially Wii U developers
- Team has around 17 employees
- “Two Brothers” heading to the Wii U’s eShop
- Visuals are a homage to the Ga
- Targeted 2013 release
- more specific release info coming in 2013
- currently in the infant stages of porting the game to the Wii U
- Two Brothers is an Action/Adventure/Role playing game
- created in the style of Game Boy games
- gameplay is similar to “Secret of Mana” and “The Legend of Zelda”
- game will be HD
- general lack of color is a core element of what the game’s story is about
- take on the role of Roy Guarder, a young inventor who begins to obsess with the idea of finding a new color on earth
- this is after a near death experience shows him an after life filled with color
- your brother, Bivare, is also an inventor and explorer
- your brother also takes on your obsession and you begin a quest

They are also working on second game which is a modern 3D RPG
- platforms to be announced for second game in March
- Wii U being considered for this RPG, possibly even Wii U exclusive
- games like “Earthbound” and “The World Ends With You” have an influence on the 3D RPG
- 3D RPG is already in playable form

- They became a Wii U developer thanks to help from Emily Rogers
- It took two and a half weeks for Ackkstudios to become an official Wii U developer
- The process to become a developer was smooth.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/201...nces-two-brothers-for-wii-us-eshop-next-year/

- Ackkstudios are now officially Wii U developers
- Team has around 17 employees
- “Two Brothers” heading to the Wii U’s eShop
- Visuals are a homage to the Ga
- Targeted 2013 release
- more specific release info coming in 2013
- currently in the infant stages of porting the game to the Wii U
- Two Brothers is an Action/Adventure/Role playing game
- created in the style of Game Boy games
- gameplay is similar to “Secret of Mana” and “The Legend of Zelda”
- game will be HD
- general lack of color is a core element of what the game’s story is about
- take on the role of Roy Guarder, a young inventor who begins to obsess with the idea of finding a new color on earth
- this is after a near death experience shows him an after life filled with color
- your brother, Bivare, is also an inventor and explorer
- your brother also takes on your obsession and you begin a quest

They are also working on second game which is a modern 3D RPG
- platforms to be announced for second game in March
- Wii U being considered for this RPG, possibly even Wii U exclusive
- games like “Earthbound” and “The World Ends With You” have an influence on the 3D RPG
- 3D RPG is already in playable form

- They became a Wii U developer thanks to help from Emily Rogers
- It took two and a half weeks for Ackkstudios to become an official Wii U developer
- The process to become a developer was smooth.

Pretty quick process.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
All I need from this game is off-screen play and I'm buying it.

v1oz

Great news! I hope the Wii U becomes the natural home for these small retro game influenced indie developers.

Saw the trailer a while back on indiegames.com Thought it looked very charming & fun. Good to see it's finding a home on the Wii U.
I love this:
They reach out to indie developers. Ackkstudios is proof of this. One little article helped an indie developer become an official Wii U developer. That speaks a lot about Nintendo’s new philosophy with indies.
Will be interesting to see what other indie games/developers will go for the Wii U.

Oddduck

Saw the trailer a while back on indiegames.com Thought it looked very charming & fun. Good to see it's finding a home on the Wii U.
I love this:

Will be interesting to see what other indie games/developers will go for the Wii U.

It's good to see Nintendo having such a pro-indie attitude nowadays.

Nibel

This looks really fantastic

I love the old Gameboy look! Seems like this could be a nostalgia extravaganza trip :)

clemenx

Banned
Wii U eshop looks better than Retail, imo. At least for launch.

I hope Nintendo delivers regarding the Account System.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
... there are sound effects that sound to be directly ripped from Zelda (the "sword tap on wall" noise especially) in that trailer. There's also the Missingno thing. I don't see how this would pass Lotcheck.

Davey Cakes

Looks quite intriguing.

The Wii U's first year will be pretty strong if they can nail down a good amount of compelling eShop content to offset retail lulls.

Gravijah

... there are sound effects that sound to be directly ripped from Zelda (the "sword tap on wall" noise especially) in that trailer. There's also the Missingno thing. I don't see how this would pass Lotcheck.

that makes me curious: since Missingno is basically a random glitchy mess from a bunch of factors, would its likeness be owned by The Pokemon company? i'd assume that since it was produced by the game itself, yes.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Looks like a great game, absolutely no one will buy it though

Why you gotta hurt my feelings man, I don't want to be considered a nobody.

Reminds me a buttload of the Seiken Densetsu series. Which is a great thing. Also, I swear some of those sounds are straight out of Link's Awakening and Link to the Past.

Edit: I laughed at Missing No. Wonder how Nintendo reacted to that though.

joetachi

I guess it was sort of true of what has been rumored about the WiiU eshop because it feels to me like indies are more involved with this console.

Rafaelcsa

The game looks lovely. I'll end up buying it, I'm sure.

Great for Nintendo to have this attitude towards indie developers. Hope they get a lot of support out of it.

Link getting hit, Link entering a portal and Link killing an enemy sound effects were some others in there, it was full of them. That won't be there for the final game, surely?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Link getting hit, Link entering a portal and Link killing an enemy sound effects were some others in there, it was full of them. That won't be there for the final game, surely?

Reminds me of earlier clips of Sword and Sworcery, used the same bush and torch sounds as Ocarina of Time. (Though those may be public domain/part of a sound effect package)

chris3116

It's very interesting. I would like to see these kinds of games more often. If the eShop has more games like that and with the usual Nintendo games, I'll go Wii U and PC only.

Sendou

The game seems natural extension to Wii U eShop considering how it could appeal to older generation Nintendo fans. I can count myself among them. Game looks amazing.

Oddduck

The sound effects and music you hear in trailer were placeholders. Ackkstudios just made a tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/AckkStudios/status/262343734199455744

ACKKstudios said:
For those of you who asked, all place holders are gone, and Two Brothers contains 100% original sound effects and music.

Top Bottom