• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Björk's MUTUAL CORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
EYuEk.png

»» click ««

Yesss, it's amazing. Nothing like plate tectonics engaging in lithospheric intimacy.

irJxDg6fnJWRV.gif

Bonus: gifs.

tmarques

I should probably add I'm kidding - I was a fan of The Sugarcubes before Gaga stans were born - but I swear I've seen kids accuse Björk of jumping on the Gaga bandwagon several times before.

PS. Great video, her best in a long, long time. Album still sounds like Vespertine meets Medulla but isn't quite as interesting as either.

I should probably add I'm kidding - I was a fan of The Sugarcubes before Gaga stans were born - but I swear I've seen kids accuse Björk of jumping on the Gaga bandwagon several times before.

PS. Great video, her best in a long, long time. Album still sounds like Vespertine meets Medulla but isn't quite as interesting as either.

I know, I just like reasons to post bitchy gifs. ;)

Hyperballad is still my favorite.

Sigur Rós are the current rulers of iceland.

Love Sigur Rós but I'm also a huge Múm fan. Sad that they haven't released anything recently.

shew! I almost had a heart attack!

antipod

I miss the old Björk music (up until Homogenic anyway) and she doesn't really click for me nowadays. But the song is better than a lot she has made in the last ten years or so.

But damn that video was simply amazing.

K.Sabot

Getting mad jóga vibes with the whole tectonics schtick.

Liked jóga's video better though this one is definitely more artsy and produced.

Mesoian

I miss the old Björk music (up until Homogenic anyway) and she doesn't really click for me nowadays. But the song is better than a lot she has made in the last ten years or so.

But damn that video was simply amazing.

Bjork has been in a really odd experimental phase for a long time. After Medula, I had to take a break while she moved through her movie/voices experimentation phase. It feels like she's taking the lessons learned from then and is applying it to her older style, which is what Biophilia is. I really like Biophilia, it's a nice return to form.

So when I saw Bjork live and was checking my coat, this girl in front of me was going on and on about how she was such a Bjork fan and how she had been ever since Debut, and then she went on a 10 minute rant about why she hates Pluto, and I damn near slapped her.

PLUTO IS AWESOME. IT IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF AGGRESSION OF MUSIC! YOU DO NOT GET TO SAY YOU LIKE ARMY OF ME THEN SHIT ON PLUTO! GARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGH!!!

I really like Bjork you guys.

anaron

Happy to see the album's best song get such an incredible video.

Now do one for Cosmogony and Virus please.

So when I saw Bjork live and was checking my coat, this girl in front of me was going on and on about how she was such a Bjork fan and how she had been ever since Debut, and then she went on a 10 minute rant about why she hates Pluto, and I damn near slapped her.

PLUTO IS AWESOME. IT IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF AGGRESSION OF MUSIC! YOU DO NOT GET TO SAY YOU LIKE ARMY OF ME THEN SHIT ON PLUTO! GARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGH!!!

I'm sorry, 'damn near slapped her'? There are too many words in that anecdote for my liking.

Kammie

I haven't actually sat through a full music video in years. Nicely done. The images really carry through the raw energy of the song.

BeeDog

This shit's fucking amazing. Awesome, awesome video and the tune itself is my favorite on the album; gotta love the hardcore/breakcore parts <3

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
video is amazing @_@ however Bjorks vox is so damn annoying. :/

Bjork has been in a really odd experimental phase for a long time. After Medula, I had to take a break while she moved through her movie/voices experimentation phase. It feels like she's taking the lessons learned from then and is applying it to her older style, which is what Biophilia is. I really like Biophilia, it's a nice return to form.

I really like Bjork you guys.

Is she married to Matthew Barney, or just 'partners'? Either way, any idea when this started? I suspect that his artistic influence weighs heavily on the experimental stuff.

Ties

Banned
Let me watch this

EDIT:
This video is heavenly, I can't with Bjork still utterly slaying with her iconography so many years into her career.

Queen.
iNptpRCaq30VP.gif

okno

She is EVERYTHING to me. Everything. Grew up down the street from her, have every album of hers, everything.

EVERYTHING.

Saw her at Roseland this year. The first time I was actually able to score a ticket before she sold out. The greatest concert of my life, and seeing this live was stunning. The best moment was her coming out for the encore and doing fucking "Possibly Maybe" WITH THE TESLA COIL AS THE BASSLINE. God. Everything. EVERYTHING.

The video is amazing

I really like the chorus when it picks up too, it's a shame the bits outside of the chorus are so plodding

Awesome video though

Dicer

Banned
She always has awesome video's and this is back to HOMOGENIC form, I love it.

She is EVERYTHING to me. Everything. Grew up down the street from her, have every album of hers, everything.

EVERYTHING.

Saw her at Roseland this year. The first time I was actually able to score a ticket before she sold out. The greatest concert of my life, and seeing this live was stunning. The best moment was her coming out for the encore and doing fucking "Possibly Maybe" WITH THE TESLA COIL AS THE BASSLINE. God. Everything. EVERYTHING.

I saw her at the WANG in Boston, and I swear to Christ there was magic in the air that night...

shuri

Banned
Notice the absence of the tasteless clowns that infects music threads with their childish popgaf bullshit. This thread feels like home. What an amazing video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom