• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is it a bad time to dl games for wii u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at a friends house with a wii u and wanted to get some retail games off the eshop (cuz alcohol) but we eventually decided to go to Walmart (had a designated driver!)

With zero way atm to transfer dl stuff atm and every first gen hd console having some problems hardware wise. Any reason to go digital right now?

hatchx

Banned
With your Nintendo Network ID, I'm pretty sure you can get your downloads back if your system breaks. It will also make it easier to transfer games in the future (so they say).

Nintendo has good customer support.

My Wii broke a long time ago, and when I sent it in, they returned it within a week and I was able to download all the same games.

I wouldn't worry. It's nice to have NSMBU on the system at all times.

Emitan

I bought Sonic off of it. Not going to buy anything else because Nintendo still hasn't figured out accounts.

Boss Man

I definitely wouldn't. They may (probably) fix it eventually, but I don't think it would be a good idea to assume that.

With your Nintendo Network ID, I'm pretty sure you can get your downloads back if your system breaks. It will also make it easier to transfer games in the future (so they say).
I'm pretty sure that reports atm are saying that you can not get your downloads back even if it breaks or is stolen, which is the whole issue. Also, I don't think they said anything about making it easier in the future in this context. The wording that I saw makes it sound like you will be able to transfer from Wii U -> 3DS2 or Wii X (or whatever it will be). That's not to say it won't happen, but I don't think there's enough info to warrant not being a bit cautious.

Aeana

Nintendo has good customer support.

My Wii broke a long time ago, and when I sent it in, they returned it within a week and I was able to download all the same games.

I wouldn't worry. It's nice to have NSMBU on the system at all times.
Did you miss this thread?

Shahed

I'd wait until they get the account thing sorted out. It's just asking for trouble or unnecessary hassle otherwise

Thoraxes

I wouldn't buy digital retail games until they make games attached to accounts (as opposed to the console which is immovable). I don't see the problem in getting the smaller digital games though, but that's just more to do with my playstyle of games.

impact

Banned
Yea, it takes 2+ hours to DL something like NSMBU and around 15 minutes just to install it. And people complained about the PS3!

epmode

The Wii U has the worst rights policy for digital downloads that I've ever seen. Stay far away until it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom