• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ubisoft survey talks next Assassin’s Creed title, could ship next year with co-op

nickcv

http://www.thegamingliberty.com/201...-creed-title-could-ship-next-year-with-co-op/

Other questions asked for interest in future outings with Desmond, the general interest in Connor returning for another title and even a re-visit to the Revolution/Frontier.

One survey question is directly engineered to find interest in co-op and specifically asks if gamers would like the “possibility for a friend to join the game in order to help” with missions, puzzles and more:

ac_ubisoft_1.jpg

Another question aims to find out whether a yearly release would be welcomed:

ac_ubisoft_2.jpg

Ubisoft also asks those participating in the survey to rate their experiences with other franchises too:
ac_ubisoft_3.jpg

i'm really scared about what they want to get from uncharted

Glass Rebel

Out of all the things to take inspirations from Uncharted is probably one of the worst choices for an Assassin's Creed game featuring assassins.

Card Boy

Banned
If its a cinematic duck n cover QTE corridor shooter with mediocre online like Uncharted then i'm out.

(Dont avatar quote me)

I don't get this survey. The next Assassin's Creed is already in production, likely for a release next year and they will have locked down whether or not Connor is a part of it (probably not). And please, no influences from Uncharted.

nickcv

tbh I'd rather have an Assassin's Creed game where you kill less people, if possible only your main-targets.

i'm totally with you on this one...
i do not pretend the series to become as much stealth as Thief, but a little shift in that direction would really be welcome.

Pooya

There has been already a lot of Uncharted in AC games since Brotherhood. All of those scripted chases with everything falling apart as you move have been there since 2010.

These surveys have been very accurate about the features of the next year's game in the past, so yeah, there is probably another game next year. surprise.

And people doubt Uncharted's impact.

To the those complaining, the trinket missions in AC3 were the best parts of the game. They felt very Uncharted. More of that please.

Dantis

Dunno why there's negativity towards Uncharted.

I'd like Assassin's Creed to handle its story like Uncharted does. Uncharted never has that great of a core plot, but the character writing is pretty much the best in gaming. Assassin's Creed's story and writing are generally some of the worst in gaming, so...

I tried to do this survey and after the age, education and earnings questions it stated "Unfortunately you do not meet the demographic".

Are you saying I'm too old Ubisoft? *sigh*

xenist

I'd like the next Assassin's Creed to not be so criminally unfocused. I thought Revelations would have provided them with some lessons, but no. This game reminds me of my nephew's room after play time. Just a sprawling jumble of toys each one more or less cool on its own but a mess as a whole. And this is coming from someone that got both 2 and Brotherhood at a high 90s level of synchronization so you know I'm not averse to the fundamental style.

And have the free-running stuff actually be free. Or at least turn the stickiness way way down. Running of the ground is bullshit especially in towns. Running on the rooftops is imprecise and too broken up to get really fun. I also can't believe how people liked the tree running stuff.

I can't believe I wasted a weekend's game time on this.

Glass Rebel

Where are those people so I can point and laugh at them?

I'd like Assassin's Creed to handle its story like Uncharted does. Uncharted never has that great of a core plot, but the character writing is pretty much the best in gaming. Assassin's Creed's story and writing are generally some of the worst in gaming, so...

The negativity stems from the fact that some people like myself want the game to be an actual assassin game and more open and free-form. Uncharted is nothing like that.

Salsa

I dont think anyones saying the games are bad

but Uncharted's Uncharted and ass creed is ass creed. I dont like the idea of every game turning into uncharted, as good as it may be

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If its a cinematic duck n cover QTE corridor shooter with mediocre online like Uncharted then i'm out.

(Dont avatar quote me)

Absolutely agree. I'd actually like the next Assassin's Creed to be a bit more free than the last one. The strength of AC was always that it let you do things your way. I prefer to do everything in a quick and platformy manner (climbing a lot, stabbing from above and so on), whereas others prefer direct confrontation and fights and others prefer stealthy play styles. I want less semi-automated gameplay and more interesting opportunities for climbing and choice. A bit of a challenge would be appreciated, too.

meta4

Where are those people so I can point and laugh at them?

The negativity stems from the fact that some people like myself want the game to be an actual assassin game and more open and free-form. Uncharted is nothing like that.

And the series currently is any of this? If they are doing auto platforming and trying to be cinematic and failing miserably like AC3 they may as well just try to copy Uncharted.

To the those complaining, the trinket missions in AC3 were the best parts of the game. They felt very Uncharted. More of that please.

True .Anyone who thinks UC did not have an impact needs to watch more behind the scenes videos on games coming out today.

Dantis

Sure, but Uncharted does a lot of things right that Ass Creed could take influence from without ripping off the game wholesale. Like I said in my previous post, the sharp, snappy writing, for example.

Glass Rebel

And the series currently is any of this? If they are doing auto platforming and trying to be cinematic and failing miserably like AC3 they may as well just try to copy Uncharted.

I'm not sure how you got that impression. They've been gradually moving away from it since the first one from what I've seen and played. If they go even further in the Uncharted direction I won't bother with it anymore. I loved Uncharted 2 and I like the inspirations the new Tomb Raider is taking from it but I'm totally against it when it comes to AC.

Sure, but Uncharted does a lot of things right that Ass Creed could take influence from without ripping off the game wholesale. Like I said in my previous post, the sharp, snappy writing, for example.

The cynic in me say that they don't mean the writing but the cinematic setpieces which AC doesn't need.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I enjoyed the peg leg trinket mission a whole lot. That doesn't mean the rest of the game should become more of that. We already have several franchises that do that kind of thing, no need to add another one.

Also I think even if you were to go further in that direction, isn't it a little late to ask if people want it?

AC:B & AC:R had cinematic set pieces, AC3 has cinematic setpieces. It's already happening.

televator

Funny that they seem to have so much attention to spare on focus group/polling, but didn't have the time to play test and bug fix AC3 before release.

Meh, after Revelations and AC3 I'm pretty sure the franchise is on track to mostly become an uninspired formulaic cash cow with some slightly inspired and ironically unfocused numbered released every once in a while. Call me if anything as good as AC2/Brotherhood ever comes out, but in the mean time I've pretty much bailed.

I'm not sure how you got that impression. They've been gradually moving away from it since the first one from what I've seen and played. If they go even further in the Uncharted direction I won't bother with it anymore. I loved Uncharted 2 and I like the inspirations the new Tomb Raider is taking from it but I'm totally against it when it comes to AC.

The cynic in me say that they don't mean the writing but the cinematic setpieces which AC doesn't need.

They're moving more in the Zelda direction, with 6000 hours of tutorials that are part of the story so you can't skip them.

Mr.Fresh

They are probly gonna take the explosions and set pieces just like everyone else.

I for see this thread turning into a uncharted bashing thread !

SJRB

Gold Member
They did a similar survey when Revelations was in development, and pretty much everything mentioned in that survey eventually ended up in the game - bomb crafting, hookblade, faster climbing.

Just saying..

Glass Rebel

They're moving more in the Zelda direction, with 6000 hours of tutorials that are part of the story so you can't skip them.

Tutorials from Zelda
Writing from Resident Evil
Performance from The Elder Scrolls
Linearity from Uncharted

A game worse than the sum of its parts

ASSASSIN'S CREED 4®

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I don't get this survey. The next Assassin's Creed is already in production, likely for a release next year and they will have locked down whether or not Connor is a part of it (probably not). And please, no influences from Uncharted.

Surveys like this are more for marketing so they know how to sell you the game, not for the devs to drastically change anything.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

The point you bring up is story.

The point he brings up is gameplay.

You don't see the difference between the two? While both Uncharted and AC share the same core fundamentals. Both go for cinematic gameplay over depth, but one is presented in an Open world while the other is a giant corridor. Why would a fan of an open world want them to take more from a linear title? That is his concern.

NZNova

I love AC1 and AC2 so much, but I really feel my interest in this series waning every time I hear something about it these days.

El-Suave

Assassin's Creed usually is so easy I don't see how and why they would implement a helping buddy.
During the parts where failure is an option (stealth, chases), he/she would probably do more harm than good.

scitek

Anyone hoping they'll just ditch all the assets they made for AC3 and start with a completely fresh location next year is going to be sorely disappointed.

Top Bottom