• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has a gif ever sold you on a game? if so, which gif?

Has a gif ever sold you on a game when you were still not 100% sure? if so, which gif? (describe or post it)

The question was born as i read a comment that stated companies should release gifs instead of screenshots of games..i first thought, meh..?..then realised i've totally bought games based on usually one single significant gif that both summed up the game and gave me a non sexual erection. a couple of examples:

Killzone2-1.gif

Killzone2

maelstroms4ena.gif

Dragon's Dogma

ohlawd

yeah man Skyzard's done so plenty of times.

dem wipeout gifs. Before he showed me those, I had a broken definition of "quality" in my head. Now I'm on a horse.

Sethos

Banned
Use Waterfox and you won't have that problem. It's a 64 bit variant of Firefox and it runs really damn well.

I did, problem riddled shit browser and there's SO many of the websites I visit that has compatibility issues, comment boxes not working etc.

It doesn't even do seperate window private browsing mode, dafuq.

Arsenic

Many times but when I find another browser that handles GIFs well, they just suck ass in every other area.

But man Chrome sucks for huge GIF threads.

It wasn't always like this right? I mean I feel like 4 months ago gifs were running just fine.

I know. Makes the funny pictures thread in OT a nightmare. Switching tabs back and forth seems to fix them though.

I usually open up the gif in a new tab. I should try the switching method. But hey so far so good in this thread..

EDIT: Has anyone tried Maxthon?

On topic, I think Killzone 2 GIFs sold me on the game I wasn't so sure about. GT5 gifs made me more hype, especially that raining/window wiper gi.

The question was born as i read a comment that stated companies should release gifs instead of screenshots of games
What if instead, they released some kind of moving screenshots... with sound! Maybe even in high quality, now that would be something. I can't wait for the future!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That F-Zero GX gif that gets posted in every F-Zero thread makes me want to purchase a Gamecube just so I can play that game again.

I... actually think I might do that soon.

The Just Cause 2 GIF was pretty awesome and made me try the demo. Haha.

I came in expecting to see someone post one of the Too Human GIFs. Now I'm disappointed.

Richie

Realize How Slow Your Internet Is |OT|

On topic, I have indeed been tempted to check out Journey based on that sexilicious GIF. I think this is more appropriate with download titles, for full-priced releases, a GIF alone won't do, no matter how impressive.

Ezalc

Basically any GodHand and F-Zero GX gif went towards me buying those games. Bayonetta one is definitely up there and the RoF one is making a great argument for itself. Helps that I saw my friend play that game and it looked like a lot of fun.

Olaeh

For some reason, nothing gets me quite hyped for a game like a good batch of gifs. That Mario U gif is a good example. When I saw that in the trailer it looked pretty average, but once someone makes a gif I can feel my hype rising.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
sotcicon.gif

Watched it a thousand times. Remember it being bigger, dimensions and length wise, though. Anyone got a superior version?

ohlawd

lol can't believe I've never seen this one with HBK in the back. This is perfect-o.

it's the lighting for me, at first the animation look cool if they're reacting based on where you hit them, but I think it's just your usual canned hit animation.

hah I don't even notice the lighting (gif quality isn't very hot). And I think the animation itself is lazily done.

edit:

gw1bzerzmrger76.gif

This one would have, it's just so satisfying to shoot these guys

oh there you go. This looks a lot better. There's lighting in there, yay.

Top Bottom