• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Is BigFest Sony’s New PlayStation Home?

Searched and didn't find anything:

A Sony trademark suggests the publisher could be working on the next generation of PlayStation Home. In a trademark filed on February 6, 2012 (and published on January 1, 2013), Sony outlines a service called “BigFest” that would bring players together.

The trademark describes a service that involves “hosting on-line web facilities for interactive game play; hosting web sites of others for video and computer games or parts of video and computer games created by others on a computer server for a global computer network.” It also mentions “introduction and social networking services, namely, introducing video game players to each other for the purposes of playing multiplayer games online, participating in online games communities and competitions, and online player networking and social introduction.”

The trademark specifically mentions Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and lists the address of its London office. The original PlayStation Home was developed by SCE London and served as the PlayStation 3's avatar-based social network hub.

Link

Very interesting. And this could be the social/community Media Molecule project that's been rumored in the "What are sony developers up to thread".

Edit:

MM has said that they were doing some big research based project. Something like a combination of Miiverse and Home with Sackboys would be cool.

DieH@rd

Banned
Web based LBP world, easily accessible trough integrated browser, full of customization and ability to interact with other users...

fvng

someone should make a documentary on the people who actually use playstation home.

You would be surprised how successful home actually is. They make money hand over fist. It found its audience, it's just not the hardcore gamer audience. I do go there to play Texas Hold 'em with friends once in a while but that's it

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MM has said that they were doing some big research based project. Something like a combination of Miiverse and Home with Sackboys would be cool.

Mit-

I have zero faith in them to make good firmware/OS-software. Doesn't matter how cool it sounds, there will be major drawbacks to it that make it not worth it, just like Home was useless due to its incredible loading times and zero integration with the XMB menu to actually make it something you feel like looking at when booting up your system.

Microsoft will probably be doing something better. Sony will spend the entire generation playing catchup.

You would be surprised how successful home actually is. They make money hand over fist. It found its audience, it's just not the hardcore gamer audience. I do go there to play Texas Hold 'em with friends once in a while but that's it

Well, I got a friend who plays chess on it all day.
So there's that

Dump HOME. If I want to interact with my fellow gamers, I'll play a game. Copy 360 Avatars, sell extras etc, but also make it mandatory that devs include a free item for getting a platinum in a game. Yeah yeah here come the whiners saying devs will cry if you force stuff onto them. Big deal. Sure didn't hurt XBLA and the forced demos, or the forced achievement system. Sometimes what's best for gamers is best for devs whether they like it or not.

Carl

Dump HOME. If I want to interact with my fellow gamers, I'll play a game. Copy 360 Avatars, sell extras etc, but also make it mandatory that devs include a free item for getting a platinum in a game. Yeah yeah here come the whiners saying devs will cry if you force stuff onto them. Big deal. Sure didn't hurt XBLA and the forced demos, or the forced achievement system. Sometimes what's best for gamers is best for devs whether they like it or not.

Dump something that lots of people use and enjoy, and that makes them lots of money? Why? Lots of developers do well from it too.

I like Home, I use it every now and then. Even my local fighting scene did a tournament there using SSF4. It was a interesting way to do a tournament. It still needs lots of improvement, but I think they could do some great if they made it faster.

Meadows

Banned
my playstation plus auto downloaded a fucking huge patch for Home the other day.

what the fuck is the point in even keeping it open? That and the Singstar on the XMB thing make no fucking sense

my playstation plus auto downloaded a fucking huge patch for Home the other day.

what the fuck is the point in even keeping it open? That and the Singstar on the XMB thing make no fucking sense
Oh shut ill have to check this. I am running low on HDD space.

Zomba13

someone should make a documentary on the people who actually use playstation home.

I used it once. Went around collecting all the free stuff and just piled it all in my home home. Then my primary account was banned due to a charge back I filled when someone used my account to buy GT5 and CoD DLC and shit and I haven't bothered since.

They had a pretty cool horror game thing that was promoting a game I can't remember. I think it was Siren Blood curse but may be remembering wrong.

elcapitan

I always forget this exists, which is why I'm always baffled by why anyone would be offended it exists. It can be ignored easily enough.

Top Bottom