• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Airline passenger demands mother “shut that nigger baby up"; slaps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/baby-slapped-on-plane-571923

jonahb.jpg

19 months.

I have a nephew that's 16 months.

The idea of someone putting hands on Marlo, as nasty and vicious as my sister is...

Would have been a murder attempt on that plane.

scy

When I read the title, I thought it was that the mother slapped him rather than the guy slapping the baby. I came into this thread going "Yeah, slap the shit out of him."

;_;

I travel with my job and while his comment comes off as racists; can't blame him. Kids are damn annoying on airplanes.

Edit: Let me correct/explain myself. Should he slap a someone elses kid or throw off a racists comment? Of course not. Is the urge there for tons of passengers? I would say so. Would I do it? Of course not.

Amir0x

Banned
I travel with my job and while his comment comes off as racists; can't blame him. Kids are damn annoying on airplanes.

you can't blame him for saying "shut that nigger baby up" and then slapping the baby?

I said it five trillion times, I'll say it again... the internet truism never fails:

There is someone on the internet that will defend absolutely any-fucking-thing.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

You can't blame him, because, the kid is black?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
You'd have to be rightful wanker to get so upset at a crying child on a plane...that you a) use racist language b) fucking get up and slap the child.

Also, I actually laughed at Goinggreens post..this dude is joking right?

Buy some of these:

Bose_QC15_noise_cancelling_headphones.jpg

and you're good. You ought to blame him too, he HIT A KID.

I have sympathy for kids on planes...they're scared, little ones have issues with the pressure, and they're forced to sit on their ass for hours. Keep a kid entertained on a plane and it's actually a lot of fun.

Levyne

Banned
For some reason, if a baby is crying very loudly, and the parent is very apologetic and doing his/her best to calm the baby down, I'm fine with it. Babies cry.

But if an identical baby with identically loud crying is being ignored by the parent, it bugs me to no end.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I guess someone's tag is going to be:

Comes off as racists

dark_chris

Gold Member

I think what he means is that he can understand how crying babies and kids can be so annoying on airplanes.

Am I right?

Also, why can't people just buy noise canceling headphones? Sheesh. If you can afford to fly, you can afford something like that.
And if that was my kid, I'd make sure he left in an ambulance.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've traveled a lot for work too. There are just as many annoying babies as there are drunk, obnoxious adults. Buy some headphones, put on some music and otherwise learn to tune them out.

Derrick01

Banned
you can't blame him...for slapping another person's child?

Not really. We all just bite our lip and wish we had the balls to do the same thing when it's happening to us on planes. I guess it's that Chris Rock saying in effect here.

The racist part is way out of bounds though.

I've never been in a situation where I've had to protect my kid from others, but I suspect I'd react rather forcefully myself. It would not end well.

This. We're pretty well hard coded to react swiftly and violently to suppress a threat to our kids. It's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom