• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bridge-IT - PAYWHATYOUWANT (starting $0,25)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Remember that Indie bundle site that only offered one game for a ridiculously low minimum price and started off with awesome games like Gnomoria and SpaceChem? After weeks of uninteresting stuff, its back with BRIDGE IT.
bridgeit_001.jpg

Think World of Goo with trains.
Here is the link to purchase it:
https://indiegamestand.com/

Feel free to use this thread to give impressions, links, gameplay hints etcetc. I loved this series when i was younger but never actually got to play this one. This game is usually VERY expensive, still sitting at 20$ if you buy it off Gamersgate and more than worth $0,25. In this game you create bridges with a certain amount of money and need to make them last a certain stress test with cars or trains. Highly addictive.

Its currently on Steam Greenlight, so chances are owners might get a steam key down the line, but no word on that by the developer.

Current offers:

$0,25 - get access to the Bridge It Installer)
$1,00 - Get the game key (could be used for later verification in case the dev decides to give out steam keys)
$1,99 - Get the addon pack with 2 more bridges.)
$10,00 - Get Pixelry, Bridge It AND the next game they put up (not yet known)

All are super awesome deals and I highly recommend grabbing this game. If you like my usual recommendations, grab it. You now have 83 hours to grab this game from the time this post has been made.

Also, more Indie games to try (most of which are free):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517647

Nimajneb

It's the worst in the series, but definitely still worth checking out for $0.25, especially if you haven't played the earlier games. The lack of a level editor and community map packs is such a huge let down. There were so many great challenges available for Pontifex II, I can't believe they cut it out of the sequel.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's the worst in the series, but definitely still worth checking out for $0.25, especially if you haven't played the earlier games. The lack of a level editor and community map packs is such a huge let down. There were so many great challenges available for Pontifex II, I can't believe they cut it out of the sequel.

Yeah that is disappointing,but the most annoying thing was the nVidia exclusivity on launch though. Glad they patched it to work with all graphics cards since version 1.2
But I loooved Pontifex so much back then, I'll definitely try this (didnt have an nvidia card back then) and give a few impressions. I mean it cant be THAT bad.

Toma

Bridge simulators, ok now I've seen it all. But I liked World of Goo XD

Its really a fun series and basically is sort of a more in depth World of Goo. Give it a shot for $0,25!
And its not really a simulator, and more a puzzle game. You need to use the resources available to create a bridge that holds up.

ultron87

I know I played a ton of one of these games a long time ago. Maybe Pontifex 2? It was quite entertaining and I'd be willing to play something similar for a dollar.

Toma

I know I played a ton of one of these games a long time ago. Maybe Pontifex 2? It was quite entertaining and I'd be willing to play something similar for a dollar.

Yeah, its from the same developers. Unfortunately its missing the editor/community packs but it still cant be NOT worth $0,25.

I'll give more impressions later.

Toma

Also: entering a 20 digit key code without being able to copypaste is highly annoying.

Toma

Btw half of the fun in these games is improving the contructions for better scores or coming up with completely ridiculous designs.

Toma

I dont think you can improve much on the Easy bridges, this was my last one:
fUxmQea.gif

Looking forward to trying the huge 240 meter bridges later.

Toma

Down for 2 bucks and 11 cents.

Funny how the price goes up constantly through rising average prices. I would think more people are cheapskates.

I used to play Pontifex in class during College. My friends would laugh at me when I played it until they tried it and eventually our whole group would be silently building bridges during our boring classes.

I hope they put it on Steam too.

Toma

Desura Keys added for anyone with >$1 payment.

fushi

This has to have been one of the worst CD-key entering experiences I've ever had.

- superlong (6 times 5 characters)
- no clear distinction between O and 0, I assume all to be 0.
- key is all caps, entry screen allows both caps and no caps
- if you open the game for the first time and alt tab out it will have a small standard resolution and bork your applications' positions.
- this also ruined my chances of entering the key while having it open on my second screen
- and there is obviously no copy-paste'ing enabled.

P.S. You have to enter the key even if you install the game from Desura.

trinest

Is this like that flash game? (I think it was?) which was a grid and you put bridges in on the axises etc.

It looks like that.

Toma

Isn't Bridge-IT nVidia only?

Not anymore. That restriction was being lifted with the 1.2 patch.

Is this like that flash game? (I think it was?) which was a grid and you put bridges in on the axises etc.

It looks like that.

Could be yeah. But there are many different materials and some mechanisms, for $0,25 its pretty easy to just try ;)

vulva

Reminds me of that West Point Bridge Design contest.

http://bridgecontest.usma.edu/

I remember playing with something like that (it may have been that, not positive anymore) as a kid. We would spend one class a week doing that, then after a month we were brought to a technical school and we soldered together our own bridge. It was the coolest thing ever and we were only in grade 6. It was the best.

I remember playing with something like that (it may have been that, not positive anymore) as a kid. We would spend one class a week doing that, then after a month we were brought to a technical school and we soldered together our own bridge. It was the coolest thing ever and we were only in grade 6. It was the best.

Yea, I did the same thing in physics in high school. Fun times.

Toma

Bum because the deal is still going on.

Toma

3:30 hours left!

Toma

I'm not sure I'm playing this game right.

2GFiqdX.jpg

That looks painful. Maybe you should look at other examples to get an idea how to build one of these bridges ;)

Top Bottom