• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew |OT| Graduated Star Fleet with a 2.0 GPA

Soi-Fong

I'm more into joining people occasionally. Don't have the freedom to be dedicated to play at specific times.

Oh this wouldn't be a recurring thing like every week or whatever. It's just times that hey when Gaf users here can get on to play with other gaf users.

Up for whatever though.

Tumle

The last mission. It involves a lot of fighting. You have three friendly ships there to help you but it's still too hard.
Oh wow I don't think I have tried that one then.. thought it was the one where you had to hide for a set amount of time :)
And thought I had completed all the missions lol
Can't help you then:)

Maligna

Banned
Oh wow I don't think I have tried that one then.. thought it was the one where you had to hide for a set amount of time :)
And thought I had completed all the missions lol
Can't help you then:)

Episode 4 is where you try to survive for 20 minutes.

Guppeth

Still can't beat episode 5. Would love some tips.
Let your allies engage the Klingons, then join the fight. That way you won't be a primary target and you won't take too much damage.

When your science officer tells you he's detected the target, impulse over to it immediately.

When you arrive, pause and repair everything. Don't attack until everything is 100% repaired.

Scan the flagship and disrupt their shields or weapons, then attack. Keep disrupting their weapons as often as you can. When their shields drop you can transport the secret weapon off their ship (I don't know what happens if you skip this part).

Don't flee immediately. Kill the flagship. If you don't it will follow you when you flee and you'll have to fight it along with other ships that ambush you.

If you can't kill it and have to run, move away from the spawn point after impulse and make sure your signature is low, and it won't detect you, which gives you time to repair and head for the exit point.

Maligna

Banned
Let your allies engage the Klingons, then join the fight. That way you won't be a primary target and you won't take too much damage.

When your science officer tells you he's detected the target, impulse over to it immediately.

When you arrive, pause and repair everything. Don't attack until everything is 100% repaired.

Scan the flagship and disrupt their shields or weapons, then attack. Keep disrupting their weapons as often as you can. When their shields drop you can transport the secret weapon off their ship (I don't know what happens if you skip this part).

Don't flee immediately. Kill the flagship. If you don't it will follow you when you flee and you'll have to fight it along with other ships that ambush you.

If you can't kill it and have to run, move away from the spawn point after impulse and make sure your signature is low, and it won't detect you, which gives you time to repair and head for the exit point.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Some of these I've tried, but I haven't done all of them in the same play season. I'll give it another shot.

ranmafan

Well after a very long wait my copy finally arrived today. I've only tried the tutorial and the opening mission by myself but I'm very impressed by the game. Its the perfect combination of game and experience that I want to see with VR games of this type. I really just felt so immersed in the world the second i put on the helmet. Just a fun experience. Have had some getting used to controls with the move controllers and all, but I need to figure out the camera positions and all. But overall awesome experience so far.

Now I just got to jump in and play multiplayer finally. Hopefully I can join everyone this weekend for a few games. A bit nervous but I really want to try and have a fun time!

Kyolux

Well after a very long wait my copy finally arrived today. I've only tried the tutorial and the opening mission by myself but I'm very impressed by the game. Its the perfect combination of game and experience that I want to see with VR games of this type. I really just felt so immersed in the world the second i put on the helmet. Just a fun experience. Have had some getting used to controls with the move controllers and all, but I need to figure out the camera positions and all. But overall awesome experience so far.

Now I just got to jump in and play multiplayer finally. Hopefully I can join everyone this weekend for a few games. A bit nervous but I really want to try and have a fun time!

I shoild be available most of the weekend.

ranmafan

I'll be online during the weekend as well!

I'm Obama-kun in the list. So just add me on U-Play and send me a message and we can play!

Yes I've added you and everyone else so far on my uplay list. Looking forward to playing! Just hope I can get my setup adjusted right for my Move controllers. They don't like the captains chair so much at the moment. Going to have to adjust my seating arrangement somehow.

ranmafan

Yeah, it's way too hot this week-end for VR. Sorry guys. :(

No worries. I know what you mean. Was playing solo last night and the heat was bugging me while playing. Thankfully it's not a game that gives me any motion sickness so I was able to adapt. But yeah playing be in the heat does suck.

Did attempt to play a random game last night but couldn't find any players. Not sure if it's cause of the time I played (being in Japan and all) or if i need to change my region in the settings, but I got no one to show up randomly.

But I'll be online a little tonight if anyone here is online wanting to play. I've added everyone to my list so send me a message and if I'm around I'll jump in a game.

ranmafan

Ok I finally was able to give it a try, beat my anxiety, and played a random online game. Was nervous and half back but I jumped in and faced my fears. And overall....

WOW this game is so amazing in multiplayer. Just a lot of good laughs, fun, and craziness. It's fun when you seriously role play, or just go nuts and have a laugh with it. And it really is a perfect game to beat online anxiety I felt. Plus just a better atmosphere online than most games I've played where you had to talk. Wow what a game!

Oh I want to play more of this right now, hopefully with everyone here soon (gotta do that like I promised) but I gotta take a break. I find I'm playing this vr game much longer at a time than any other so far. But no doubt this will be on my top 10 goty list this year for sure, especially after this experience!

Was definitely too hot to play recently, but finally got to try the tutorial and some classic Enterprise stuff.

Looking forward to playing with some of you soon! MultiverseMob on Uplay :D

Soi-Fong

Ok I finally was able to give it a try, beat my anxiety, and played a random online game. Was nervous and half back but I jumped in and faced my fears. And overall....

WOW this game is so amazing in multiplayer. Just a lot of good laughs, fun, and craziness. It's fun when you seriously role play, or just go nuts and have a laugh with it. And it really is a perfect game to beat online anxiety I felt. Plus just a better atmosphere online than most games I've played where you had to talk. Wow what a game!

Oh I want to play more of this right now, hopefully with everyone here soon (gotta do that like I promised) but I gotta take a break. I find I'm playing this vr game much longer at a time than any other so far. But no doubt this will be on my top 10 goty list this year for sure, especially after this experience!

Was definitely too hot to play recently, but finally got to try the tutorial and some classic Enterprise stuff.

Looking forward to playing with some of you soon! MultiverseMob on Uplay :D

All good to hear!! I'll be adding you guys on Uplay. Been busy these past few weeks.

ranmafan

All good to hear!! I'll be adding you guys on Uplay. Been busy these past few weeks.

Cool! Yeah I haven't gotten any chance to play with anyone here yet (hope to fix that soon), mainly due to the times I can play and all and Im sure time zone differences. But I have been playing random games, and its really helped me with my online game anxiety. Ive had nothing but good experiences with it. Everyone seems to just want to have a fun time. Have barely heard any thing bad being spoken by people. Usually its just lets all have fun, role play, or just go crazy on the references. Lots of funny impressions of the crews and random other scifi films. Last game I had my group was even doing funny spacebars quotes.

Just a fantastic game. Easily one of my favorite vr games yet.

Soi-Fong

Cool! Yeah I haven't gotten any chance to play with anyone here yet (hope to fix that soon), mainly due to the times I can play and all and Im sure time zone differences. But I have been playing random games, and its really helped me with my online game anxiety. Ive had nothing but good experiences with it. Everyone seems to just want to have a fun time. Have barely heard any thing bad being spoken by people. Usually its just lets all have fun, role play, or just go crazy on the references. Lots of funny impressions of the crews and random other scifi films. Last game I had my group was even doing funny spacebars quotes.

Just a fantastic game. Easily one of my favorite vr games yet.

Haha Yeah! Hopefully some gaffers here are still active! The game is just a complete blast with the right crew!

ranmafan

Haha Yeah! Hopefully some gaffers here are still active! The game is just a complete blast with the right crew!

I hope so too. I actually am still having trouble figuring out how the whole uplay stuff works. Never fully sure if someone really is online or not. Which is one reason I ended up trying random games. But yeah I hope we can all get a group together finally and have some games. Having a great crew makes this game a true blast. And really this is probably the first online game Ive ever played where the vast majority of people Ive met are just friendly and want to have a good time. I think that comes from the whole trek community and how, for the most part, they can be quite friendly.

Plus its just fun to role play or even goof off as well, of course goofing off as a group. But yeah every time i play I'm more convinced it will be one of my top 5 games of the year this year.

Rookhelm

when playing as Captain with a full AI crew, is there a way to direct the helm to fly in an arbitrary direction, or do you always have to be going toward a target?

Like, if I want to put an anomaly or asteroid between me and an enemy ship, for example

Guppeth

when playing as Captain with a full AI crew, is there a way to direct the helm to fly in an arbitrary direction, or do you always have to be going toward a target?

Like, if I want to put an anomaly or asteroid between me and an enemy ship, for example
You’ll have to take the helm yourself in that situation. I had to do it several times when I cleared the campaign solo.

Rookhelm

You'll have to take the helm yourself in that situation. I had to do it several times when I cleared the campaign solo.

Which is kinda disappointing because the map shows the 360 degree heading markers, and the view screen shows the heading and speed. I was using voice commands and trying to say "go to heading 270", or whatever, and the helm wouldn't listen :(

SighFight

I hadn't used my rift in while and was already regretting I even got one, especially with the recent pricing...

BUT today a friend talked me into buying bridge crew. And wow, were we having a blast! It's not the prettiest game but it serves its purpose and is, at least for now, very entertaining. I am looking forward to the more complex and longer missions later on.

I'm lucky enough to have three friends with VR setups to play this with and man it is so much fun. Definitely appreciate the cross-play with PSVR and Rift/Vive.

I really hope there is an expansion - for now we're enjoying the randomised missions but it feels like we are reaching the limit of what is on offer (though this is after a good 15 hours or so).

SighFight, have you tried the classic Enterprise yet? That is absolute (enjyable) chaos when you're used to the flashy Aegis setup.

ISee

I'm lucky enough to have three friends with VR setups to play this with and man it is so much fun. Definitely appreciate the cross-play with PSVR and Rift/Vive.

I really hope there is an expansion - for now we're enjoying the randomised missions but it feels like we are reaching the limit of what is on offer (though this is after a good 15 hours or so).

SighFight, have you tried the classic Enterprise yet? That is absolute (enjyable) chaos when you're used to the flashy Aegis setup.

The game is great and offers the best VR experience out there, especially with friends. I played through it with three of them (2OR, 2 PSVR) and I even managed to get the plat trophies. But there will be no further content for the game, it apperently sold catastrophicly.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The game is great and offers the best VR experience out there, especially with friends. I played through it with three of them (2OR, 2 PSVR) and I even managed to get the plat trophies. But there will be no further content for the game, it apperently sold catastrophicly.

Where did you read about it's sales?

deadfolk

Finally picked this up during the Steam sale at the weekend and played solo for a couple of hours.

This is what VR was made for. So much fun. Now I just need to get up the courage to try an online game.

Top Bottom