• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

tumblr_mc1qf1pxei1qzcr1s4v.png

I wish I knew about the new Hawkeye series by Matt Fraction and David Aja cause it's so fucking good. I went to the comic shop to pick up some stuff I had waiting and since some GAFers said in the Comic Cover thread that Hawkeye is really good, I got a couple issues from there.

It is awesome. I added it to my pull list and ordered the TPB so I can get the first six issues as it turns out the first six are sold out like... everywhere and for some reason it's really really expensive to try to buy even like a fourth or fifth printing. The hell? Plus, the Marvel Digital Comics sell it for the same price as print, what the hell. I wish I could get the individual issues to satisfy the completionist in me, but I am not paying like, fucking 80 bucks for Issue 1 of a comic that started last year.

If you haven't read it yet, Hawkeye (the series) is basically about what Clint Barton does on his days off. He does shit like get in car chases with an awesome Dodge Challenger, fuck up Russian douchebag slum lords, have sex with hot redheads, piss off the criminal underworld, fix satellite dishes and shit, etc. Basically, what does the ordinary, non-powered dude do when he's not on mission. He basically does good stuff, chills out, and hangs out with his equally skilled protege. It's like the greatest superhero television series that has never been made. Feels a lot more grounded than most superhero series I read (I don't really stray outside of the few comic series I've grown attached to like American Vampire and Punisher, so it's a real treat).

Plus, it's almost worth buying these for the awesome cover art by David Aja. He's artwork outside and inside is splendid.

tumblr_mh1npkvdYQ1rx5ri3o1_500.jpg

I love the Hawkeye logo. Simply, clean, stylized. It is cool.

Thanks GAF!

i7mFcgj8v9Www.gif

I googled Hawkeye to get the above images... there are a lot of pictures of Hawkeye in sexy and very provocative poses. With men and women. Goddammit, Internet.

Salsa

yeah, best run of any marvel character in years really. It's just super good.

Hawkeye needed it too

yeah, best run of any marvel character in years really. It's just super good.

Hawkeye needed it too

I honestly never thought that Hawkeye, of all characters, is one that I'd actually end up loving. I've never dug superheroes beyond Punisher, Batman, and the movie versions of Marvel characters. I gotta start reading more comics if there is stuff as good and fun and well-written as this comic is.

Ephemeris

I'll give Hawkguy the cosign.

Don't read many Non-DC books. But I futz with Hawkeye bro.

I keel all who disagree.

The whole Hawkeye/Hawkguy exchange in Issue 6 had me in goddamn stitches. Too funny. This series has great dialogue.

People talk like... people. Or at least, people on hilarious TV.

Man, can you imagine what's on the Morals clause in the Avengers contract? I mean, now we know that strip club bar fights are a no-no, but I wonder what else is on there.

Salsa

Nah before that when he was hanging with the Blazing Skull.

never read that, I think. Blazing Skull is whack

People talk like... people. Or at least, people on hilarious TV.

that was always Hawkeye's thing, being kind of a regular dude who is also a jerk

I just think that generally speaking people dont know much about the character, or care for it

this series is great cause (along with The Avengers movie I guess) it brought back attention

Salsa

Is it me or David Aja art looks a lot like Mike Allred's?

Will buy the first TPB tho.

I think Allred is more silver-age lookin

also this Hawkeye run doesnt really look like Aja's other works. This is way more stylized. Thick lines and less detail. Love how it looks.

Timo

It's the best thing Marvel puts out every month. As soon as the creative team changes it'll be dead though.

Just reading about it makes it sound wonderful. I think OP's comment about a television series is great. That really would be an incredible premise for a show (follow a superhero around when he's just doing his normal life gig). Totally ripe for humor. Hawkeye having no traditional super powers grounds that concept and makes it quite cool.

If anyone here who's reading Hawkguy hasn't read Immortal Iron Fist, you need to get on it. It's by the same creative team and it's basically the Hawkguy before Hawkguy.

If anyone here who's reading Hawkguy hasn't read Immortal Iron Fist, you need to get on it. It's by the same creative team and it's basically the Hawkguy before Hawkguy.

I'm thinking about it but I never really liked Fraction on anything else and thought I was just liking it because I love Hawkeye.

Man, I wanna get the individual issues. It's gonna drive me nuts not having them.

But the prices are either ridiculous or I guess it's already out of print. The first issue hit five printings!

Huh? The initiative's point was to show how ridiculous female comic book poses are.

I know.

I was just sexually confused for a moment. I needed to reassert my identity.

Top Bottom