• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mundane "skills" that you still can't perfect/do properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, common, everyday stuff that are supposedly easy to do for an average Joe but is actually very difficult.

I... I still can't break eggs and make them land perfectly on a frying pan. I usually end up either spilling the contents on the side or on my hands.

I can do plastic wrap fine... but then the ends would suddenly lift up, or sometimes I end up using too much wrap.

eXistor

I can't cross my fingers without using the other hand to assist them.

/edit: actually, looking at google images it seems my idea of crossing fingers is wrong. I thought they had to cross further, but apparently doing it half-assed is the way to go. Guess I'm perfect then.

mavs

Couldn't draw a remotely circular shape to save my life. Best I could do is 3/4 of a circle with a dent or bulge in it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can't roll my R's :(

Try this.

Think of it like:

1. Accurately emulating the sound of a cat's purr.

2. A modified version of the "T" sound. Except one minor but key difference. When you make the "T" sound, you are using the tip of your tongue right where your teeth meet the roof of your mouth, and using your tongue+mouth to make a momentary airtight suction while you blow out with your lungs. Realize that all these motions come into place when making a "T" sound.

For the "rolling R", what you are doing instead is using a part of your tongue slightly behind the tip, and placing that on the roof of your mouth slightly behind where you would put your tongue for "T". Additionally, the puff of air needed to make the "R" sound has to be quicker than "T".

For other references, you might want to try making a "D" sound and observing what parts of the mouth and tongue work together.

Also notice that the "G" sound is sorta like that too, except you are using the back of your mouth and the back of your tongue.

Good luck, OP.

Artemisia

Banned
Driving
8f70c6ea.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, can-openers are biased for right-handed people? I always thought it works both ways, unless you guys are referring to the non-grip, claw-like can opener?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fucking ironing. damn shirt always looks like shit no matter what.

Use a can opener. Left handed GAF will understand.

fucking scissors with those bullshit comfort shaped handle things. RACISM

Pagusas

Elden Member
I cant blow bubble gum bubbles :( No matter how much I try.

Also cant roll R's or wink without my other eye twitching.

Manu

I can. There must be something wrong with you.

I do understand a lefties pain of using a corkscrew.

I'm talking about this type of can opener:

normann-copenhagen-butterfly-can-opener_im_366.jpg

It's made specifically to be used with your right hand, and my right hand is pretty much useless.

I can use scissors just fine with my right hand though, for some reason.

Wait, can-openers are biased for right-handed people? I always thought it works both ways, unless you guys are referring to the non-grip, claw-like can opener?

Same thing as scissors. When you grip them in the right hand the shape of your hand forces the grips together, when you grip them in the left hand your hand forces them apart.

It's a little difficult to explain, but basically it means the space between the blades shrinks or grows making them more or less effective at cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom