• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enixs new CEO plans to review the entire company, promotes Eidos head

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/0...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

“After having succeeded the important role as the president, I plan on reviewing all Square Enix duties, business and assets on a zero-based budgeting standpoint. Due to the radical change of environment, I’d like to fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t.

As far as a concrete plan on what to expect from us, I will further explain it on another briefing session in the near future, so I kindly ask for your patience. Thank you for your support.”
Matsuda also mentions his plans to make Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix Europe, the new director of Square Enix Holdings. The two will act as the renovating pillars of Square Enix.

Beth Cyra

Interesting.

I wonder how we will see certian things change like Nomura's pull and hopefully a removal of the Director's chair from a certain person.

Soriku

I’d like to fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t.

Great RPGs. And localize them.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Japan is going to be blaming all their issues on the profitable but not cod level Eidos stuff.

Kinda pathetic.

Hope Just Cause 3 isn't in danger.

neptunes

Hope he studies the games they made during the SNES/PS1 era for guidance for future games.
The factors that contributed to the success of those games are no longer valid in today's market. Looking back won't help them much.

They just need to be ahead of the curve like they were back then

Well it seems like Square is getting punished now for the mistakes of 2006-2008/9

Luminous looks great as well as the future of Eidos. They just cant expect blockbusters at the tail end of a generation with brands that have not been blockbusters. The biggest challenge will be FF14 2's incoming failure

Edit: I'm hoping for a move away from iOS and putting so much effort into graphics that the rest of the game suffers (FF Hallway references).

I guess I just want what everyone wants, a return to making the games they did before the merger.

Eusis

The factors that contributed to the success of those games are no longer valid in today's market. Looking back won't do him much.
Actually I think more likely those factors aren't relevant for the size they are now and the numbers they want to push. If they were Atlus sized they'd absolutely be worth evaluating.

Though, given their AAA efforts thus far they may be worth evaluating anyway.

Squire

Banned
I hope for the best as always. They seem to be on the right path to making the right moves I just hope they actually make them instead of just saying they will.

Soriku

Damn, I put "Yosuke Matsuda" in Google Images and I only get Yoichi Wada's pics.

b_05847450_thumb1.jpg

Also this part is important:
Matsuda also mentions his plans to make Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix Europe, the new director of Square Enix Holdings. The two will act as the renovating pillars of Square Enix.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope this means no pseudowestern titles (Mindjack, Front Mission Evolved), less focus on Western titles, and more Japanese titles.

Soulflarz

Banned
Erm isnt type 0 done? Localization i mean

If thats the case...finish last touches/sell? Thats less effort for a profit then just holding it forever, right?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well it seems like Square is getting punished now for the mistakes of 2006-2008/9

Luminous looks great as well as the future of Eidos. They just cant expect blockbusters at the tail end of a generation with brands that have not been blockbusters. The biggest challenge will be FF14 2's incoming failure

The only way to make it not fail is to make it F2P, like PSO2.

Soriku

Erm isnt type 0 done? Localization i mean

If thats the case...finish last touches/sell? Thats less effort for a profit then just holding it forever, right?

They can garner more interest and get more money if they make a PS3/Vita HD version.

When they're this close to the bottom, there's really nowhere to go but up. Maybe 2013 will be the year they start to get their shit together.

Top Bottom