• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shibata apologises for MH3 Ultimate shortages

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, in the PAL Thread...I WAS FUCKING RIGHT!

Jawmuncher

From what ive seen its been doing pretty good in the US to. More so than any other MH from recollection (I think 3DS plus starved Wii U was a good move)

5amshift

Banned
A shortage is good/bad, I guess it exceeded their expectations. I remember at PAX East a lot of people were going crazy that they couldn't find a copy anywhere in Boston.

Majine

Banned
Everytime I see this guys name, I get hungry for some Ciabatta.

ciabatta-sandwich1.jpg

Cornbread78

I'm seriously joining team conspiricy soon. Every Nin. thread is the same... Shortages, shortages, shortages as if they are saying; "see, everyone loves and wants our stuff, we can't even keep it on the shelves it's sellign so quick!"

DoubleTap

And on a somewhat related note: Nintendo US should be apologizing for not releasing the CPP XL in the US (not sure if UK /EUR has them). It's really puzzling.

Yeah, I've seen it sold out in the stores I've talked to, but they must have shipped an absolute tiny number.
And on a somewhat related note: Nintendo US should be apologizing for not releasing the CPP XL in the US (not sure if UK /EUR has them). It's really puzzling.
They're on Amazon here, but none of the retail stores I've been in have them, only CCP for the regular 3DS and even then they each had one.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Everyone's terrified of shipping too many units of Nintendo related anything. You've gotta imagine Nintendo's still trying to sell through its initial run of Wii Us right now, so I think even they have little faith in the platform at the moment.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm seriously joining team conspiricy soon. Every Nin. thread is the same... Shortages, shortages, shortages as if they are saying; "see, everyone loves and wants our stuff, we can't even keep it on the shelves it's sellign so quick!"
I sincerely doubt that they would leave money on the table like that. The demand is clearly there.

Besides, by apologizing for the shortages, they're acknowledging it as something that reflects badly on them. I don't believe in the great eShop conspiracy, I'm just thinking that there's some weird internal production issue and Nintendo's much too opaque for any real insight into what it actually is.

gngf123

Yes, not making things available to purchase is a great way to make money. /sarcasm

I always interpret stock shortages like this merely as your standard Nintendo not realizing we want games. NoA and Xenoblade made that clear.

Somnid

My thoughts:

- Things were not selling as well previously. 3DS in particular has seen a massive uptick in popularity in most regions which has probably lead to people buying more games than expected.

- With digital sales Nintendo is better off low-balling because people can still buy the game rather than overshooting and risking value destroying price drops and possible retailer fees.

I guess it's good to hear that it's exceeding expectations.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is it really difficult to find? As difficult as FE?

I had a copy pre-ordered, but then decided to skip at the very last second.

ffdgh

These stocking issues are becoming...too common. I assuming ignorance of demand or lack of faith in sales?

Kyari

I was actually thinking about this the other day, is it an attempt to drive people to the eShop instead?

Orayn

Obvious spin, Nintendo shipped six copies when the total retail demand for MH in Europe was a whopping eight copies. What a farce!

I love MH and I got the eShop versions on both 3DS and Wii U. I want to interpret this as sort of good news but I'm not letting myself.

Porcile

Weird - I bought mine the other day without any trouble finding a copy. Didn't seem to be stock problems in the shop I bought it from. Need For Speed on the other hand...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Considering this is about UK, I think it's more they thinking that UK market wouldn't have bought so many copies of MH3U given how bad that market is for them right now.

Top Bottom