• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Wins Worst Company for the Second Year in a Row

kodt

Banned
Dumb as always, most of the companies on the list are companies that provide services that the average american uses every day.

This is mostly a consumer poll dealing with companies providing non-essential services, an epitome of first world problems.

Bank of America is one of the only companies on the list that could literally ruin your life. And if they really were screwing over the majority of their customers to the point that they were losing their house/savings, then no-one would use Bank of America.

Into

EA going for three-peat next year?

Phil Jackson will come out of retirement and guide you to it

Align yourself with this always-online thing with MS (if the rumors are true) and only release games with always online DRM

Nothing would be able to stop them from winning again, its Shaq+Kobe again but without the drama

TommyT

For future reference, is it necessary to preface my topic with this?

Eh I dunno. A mod could always split or combine them as they see fit. That said, might link to the old thread so people don't rehash discussions which I'm sure I did with my post :p (the rehash part).

On the phone with Comcast right now and I'm finding it really difficult to believe EA is worse.

Even micro transactions are not as painful as a routine interaction with Comcast.

Seda

For future reference, is it necessary to preface my topic with this?

Not really, it's just something people might mention to justify a new thread for information being discussed in another thread already, while acknowledging that previous discussion.

While I agree with with most people who say this is stupid to begin with, it pleases me to know that somewhere at EA hq, a room full of publicists are losing their shit.

Patryn

Gamers got their pound of flesh last year. The publicity for this could have gone to other areas that needed exposure.

Kimawolf

Ha do they even mention this website in the story. Wow yeah EA is horrible but not like they poison rivers and streams, pollute the air, brutalize animals etc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
And yet nothing will change...

And that is why EA deserves to be here, instead of whining about how there are so many more evil companies in the world. EA should take this as a message that maybe having a segment of the consumer base so pissed off at you to vote you a golden poo two years running. Instead of realizing that maybe some of their shit is broken and trying to fix this they want to whine and that is why I have no problem with EA being voted tops of the bottom.

Gartooth

Uninformed and angry nerds strike again dealing true justice to those who deserve it.
I'm being sarcastic.

Sciz

Time to give EA the Lifetime Achievement award, like the one DNF won for vaporware. No need to keep pointing out the obvious.

From what I hear (not an American, so not very involved with most of these companies) the other companies are way worse, but still, congratulations EA.

Bururian

Too bad BoA didn't win for questionable business decisions that have put the economy into the shitter for years.

Nah, we'll focus on them because they made some bad games and stuff with DLC, that, you know, you don't even have to pay attention to, not like how BoA is handling money right now that directly affects us.

Yeah.

Avallon

This is a poll for consumers -- it is not a poll for which company is clubbing the most baby seals.

Does this award do anything?

it's a golden poop trophy for an internet poll that nobody actually cares about outside of harried pr people

people getting upset that EA won over really bad companies is like being scandalized that Rain or the 4chan guy winning Time's person of the year polls over a cancer researcher or whatever

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
we gonna do the same thing as last year?

you know, where we all get angry because an internet poll went after EA instead of solving all of the world's problems?

They shouldn't have won it. It should've gone to Bank of America or one of the other large banks.

I mean EA is still awful, but context, nerds, seriously.

Tacitus_

From what I hear (not an American, so not very involved with most of these companies) the other companies are way worse, but still, congratulations EA.

Corruption, illegal foreclosures, enviromental disasters... EA makes bad games and too much DLC for them.

inky

If only we came together and voted responsibly. We could have made a real difference.

This guy gets it. I'm sure if BoA won the poll suddenly they'd stop being a big fucking evil bank that steals money from people and launders cartel money, because they'd just care that much about what randoms from all over the world have to say in an online poll.

LOL at people getting mad at this.

Top Bottom