• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Most Expensive Dog: Red Tibetan Mastiff (DAT Price Tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I said GODDAMN!

Red XIII (FFVII) is that you?

http://factslist.net/2013/02/the-most-expensive-dog-red-tibetan-mastiff/

g9QCpal.jpg

Would you like to spare a million dollar for a dog? We certainly know at least one person who did. A coal baron named Mr. Yang (as only his sir name has been revealed) from northern China has bought a dog for 1.5 million, that’s compatible to the price of a brand new Porsche 911. With this price a Red Tibetan Mastiff named “Big Splash” or Hong Dong, secured the top position on the list of most expensive dogs.

It took no time for the 1.5 million dollar mutt to get along with his new master and they became friends at first sight. The dog is 11 months old and weighs about 180lbs. The dog got quiet lucky as his owner is a multi-millionaire and has enough money to feed him tons of chicken and beef spiced up with abalone and sea cucumber. The owner of the dog will also require a big house for the dog as it is believed to grow as big as a rugby player.

Now you might be thinking that the price of the dog is way too much, but the breeder of the dog Lu Liang justifies the price by saying, “We have spent a lot of money raising this dog, and we have the salaries of plenty of staff to pay”, he further added that every time the dog will breed with a female Red Tibetan Mastiff, its owner could make £10,000 i.e. $15,500. He claims the dog to be a “Perfect Specimen” of a Red Tibetan.

Again, Holy Shit!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Look at that smug face. That dog knows how much it is worth.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
These things are huge, its like owning a Lion.

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/58/42edb8edc4a347e4a45f3b77f3cac0fa/l.jpg[IMG]

and look awesome[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7gmtmlU.jpg

Yeah, I did read that some of the Mastiffs that are around from Tibetan region aren't even completely domesticated and can be some what dangerous if you don't know how to train a dog. I really would like to own Tibetan Mastiff but taking care of it's fur alone is huge job so I'll just stick with my Chow chow :D

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They can't be talking about dollars:

"has bought a dog for 1.5 million, that’s compatible to the price of a brand new Porsche 911."

spats

7gmtmlU.jpg

Yeah, I did read that some of the Mastiffs that are around from Tibetan region aren't even completely domesticated and can be some what dangerous if you don't know how to train a dog. I really would like to own Tibetan Mastiff but taking care of it's fur alone is huge job so I'll just stick with my Chow chow :D

That's an amazingly cool picture. My dog is all muscle and about 40kg but that makes him look like a shrimp.

hteng

Banned
7gmtmlU.jpg

that's a fucking bear!

7gmtmlU.jpg

Jesus Christ that is one scary lookin beast.

DiscoJer

These things are huge, its like owning a Lion.

l.jpg

and look awesome

That almost looks like a Newfoundland there

400px-Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg

Which are really neat dogs, but it's weird having a dog that is bigger and stronger than you. When they don't want to do something, they don't. The one I had was 170 lbs and I was 150 at the time.

those are asshole dogs.
one guy in our neighbour town has(had: it ran away after a firework) one of this breed and it tried to attack my dog when we were out for a walk. they are MASSIVE(tons of fur though) so the dude holding the leash had no chance.
thank god my dog is like a walking tank (looks like a small polarbear), so one punch and the fight was pretty much over. they normally fight wolves and bears in the mountains. the mastiff was no opponent.

Mobius 1

7gmtmlU.jpg

Bloody hell that's a war beast. You could mount it and charge your enemies, they'd rout in pure terror.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I like their deep bark but no way in hell would I actually own a Tibetan Mastiff. It is a lot of responsibility.

Servbot24

Banned
I used to have a Newfoundland + Great Pyrenees mix, he was about 150 pounds. Amazing pet, I'm never getting another dog unless it's just as big and fluffy. :3

Though when I first got him he was stronger than me and could escape pretty easily. Had to chase him through the woods quite a few times. Giving it a bath afterwards was an ordeal.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
those are asshole dogs.
one guy in our neighbour town has(had: it ran away after a firework) one of this breed and it tried to attack my dog when we were out for a walk. they are MASSIVE(tons of fur though) so the dude holding the leash had no chance.
thank god my dog is like a walking tank (looks like a small polarbear), so one punch and the fight was pretty much over. they normally fight wolves and bears in the mountains. the mastiff was no opponent.

Mastiffi is a breed that demands knowledge from the owner. Then again that goes for almost all the big breeds. It's super annoying to see people buying big dogs who have no idea how to control them when they get aggressive. Mastiffs bred in EU/US aren't all that agressive to begin with but the ones from Tibet/India(north)/Nepal are still bred mainly as guard dogs and also fight against wolfs and other wild animals. They are aggressive and shouldn't be given to anyone without proper license.

Mastiffi is a breed that demands knowledge from the owner. Then again that goes for almost all the big breeds. It's super annoying to see people buying big dogs who have no idea how to control them when they get aggressive. Mastiffs bred in EU/US aren't all that agressive to begin with but the ones from Tibet/India(north)/Nepal are still bred mainly as guard dogs and also fight against wolfs and other wild animals. They are aggressive and shouldn't be given to anyone without proper license.

agreed.
there must be a reason why switzerland put them on their black list.
the one I met was more annoying than aggressive but the owner had no chance in holding it back.
I'm really happy that my dog(which is pretty big too) is sort of relaxed when it comes to "fighting". He punches more than he bites.

vio

7gmtmlU.jpg

That looks like somethig out of Dark Souls :p. Great pic.

-KRS-

A Chinese man you say? I thought they ate dogs there? Hmm, maybe he's looking to make the most expensive meal he ever had?

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
those are asshole dogs.

What breed is your dog if you don't mind me asking?

When I was a kid I wanted a terrier or something like that but now I feel if I ever get a dog it's going to be one as large and hairy as possible. Majestic is the only word for it.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
What breed is your dog if you don't mind me asking?

When I was a kid I wanted a terrier or something like that but now I feel if I ever get a dog it's going to be one as large and hairy as possible. Majestic is the only word for it.
Only down side is the amount of work grooming takes and proper diet to keep their fur in good condition is expensive.

Ripclawe

Banned
That almost looks like a Newfoundland there

400px-Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg

Which are really neat dogs, but it's weird having a dog that is bigger and stronger than you. When they don't want to do something, they don't. The one I had was 170 lbs and I was 150 at the time.

If I ever get a big dog it will be a newfoundland. Gentle and great around kids. Mastiff is too much work if you don't train it well

Been liking this dog ever since I heard about it a while back. If I ever get a pet it will have to be one of these guys or perhaps a Fennec Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom