• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports unveiling their next-gen engine at E3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm curious to see this since the implication is we haven't yet.

EA said:
I also want to call out a big accomplishment by the teams that built the development engines for our next generation of games -- Frostbite3 engineered at DICE, and a brand new engine from EA SPORTS. These world class tech stacks are powering all of our development on the new systems. They provide an enduring common technology that saves cost, fosters efficiency, and provides spectacular physics and graphics for our games.

This isn’t a vision – these engines are fully functional right now and powering the games you’ll see at E3 in June. You’ll hear more about Frostbite3 and our new sports engine at our E3 Investor Breakfast in June.

One more positive milestone is the recent licensing agreements we’ve reached with partners in our sports business, including FIFA, the PGA TOUR, the NHL and NHL Players Association.
Together with our long-term agreements with the NFL, NFLPA, NBA, CLC and the UFC, this bodes well for fans who will continue to get games with all the teams and players they love.
Source: http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...d1-925e-86a19acbd995/Q4_FY13_Script_FINAL.pdf

Meelow

Banned
Hate to say it, but yeah Nintendo is going to have to give in on all of EA wants for Wii U, even if it has something to do with Origin.

Camp Lo

Banned
Waiting for that madden "next gen" jpg from years ago that looked nothing like current gen

Needless to say fight night is what is worth waiting on

JordanN

Banned
GZHB4.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Oh man Madden on a next gen engine HNNNNG! Also maybe NBA Live will have some sort of relevancy now.
2K has a mighty grip on the basketball sim market (especially after EA gave up). Live will have took really look amazing to get people to jump over, a new engine is a good start.

Takuya

Banned
I really hope Ea Sports actually releases proper sequels this gen, instead of NHL07,NHL07.1,NHL07.2,NHL10,NHL10.1,NHL10.2,NHL10.3...etc..

Mahonay

Banned
I really hope Ea Sports actually releases proper sequels this gen, instead of NHL07,NHL07.1,NHL07.2,NHL10,NHL10.1,NHL10.2,NHL10.3...etc..
I highly doubt yearly sports games updates will change that much. Setting yourself up for disappointment.

Gotta say I'm surprised. I was totally expecting FIFA 14 to be pretty much a high res version of 360/720, and only FIFA 15/16 would see a proper engine swap.

jaypah

I need that new Fight Night. I'm super curious about Madden and Live, just to see what the graphics look like. But Fight Night is the game that I'll actually buy.

JABEE

Hate to say it, but yeah Nintendo is going to have to give in on all of EA wants for Wii U, even if it has something to do with Origin.

I think it's just a case of EA moving on from building new engines for previous generation quality systems. I don't know if there is a way for Nintendo to get support from EA other than handing them a substantial offer that includes cash, marketing, and development support.

EA probably isn't coming back and it's only going to get worse for the WiiU. Third party sports titles appear to be pretty big system sellers. It's a business decision. The WiiU isn't profitable enough system to develop for to be a part of EA's long-term strategy.

Top Bottom