• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Nintendo Direct around E3 (in June) for Wii U Autumn Titles and beyond.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Up1: NoA says it's going to be BEFORE the start of E3.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/335058920982867969

#IwataSays We will discuss future Wii U titles for fall and onward during an additional #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3 in June.

From Nintendo UK's Twitter:

For #WiiU titles coming this autumn and beyond, there will be a #NintendoDirectEU around E3 time in June http://ow.ly/l5Q8Q

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/335032827584315393

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This is the one that really excites me. I'm guessing the week before E3.

Edit: wasn't aware that you were already making a thread BY2K

Skiesofwonder

So will this be on the morning of June 11, when they'd normally have had their E3 press conference, or a few days earlier?

If I was Nintendo I would put it before the other two conferences to avoid all information overload that will be the unveiling of PS4/720.

Effect

If I was Nintendo I would put it before the other two conferences to avoid all information overload that will be the unveiling of PS4/720.

Bad idea. That means any coverage on sites will get pushed to the bottom. Releasing at the same time or after means their coverage is the lastest on various gaming sites. You have to go through Wii U information to get to PS4 and new Xbox information.

I would think so as well, but they do have that small-scale press presentation as well as the larger retailer/publisher presentation on the 11th.

Volotaire

Hype hype hype

Someone post that amazing gif from the other thread

This one?

ibcYFKzPBNfyYW.gif

Dantis

Make me care, Nintendo.

If they don't announce anything good at this one, it might be time for me to just sell off my Wii U.

daripad

I'll wait and see what Nintendo can bring. When does E3 starts? June 9? I think I'll be free of school by that time.

Skiesofwonder

you mean the ps4 thats already been unvieled and the 720 that gets unveiled this week? they'll be old news by e3

I should have put "fully unveiled". They might be old news on June 5th, but what will they be on June 10th? Old news during a Megaton-filled gaming explosion. Not many are going to care what Nintendo is announcing when in two hours we will get our first substantial hands-on reports from the 720/PS4.

A week before would mean they have the whole week to themselves, and Tuesday (June 10th) will still be filled with Nintendo news via the retailers/distributors meetings and hands-on from the show-floor.

Lunar15

I'm coming for Retro. There better be some Retro. I honestly don't even care if it is Mario Kart they're working on.

Also, I won't believe any dates they reveal during the direct. We're still in the "launch window" right now, right?

Depends on the team that's developing. I'm only a fan of SMT games from Nocturne onwards.

What if IS is developing?

I should have put "fully unveiled". They might be old news on June 5th, but what will they be on June 10th? Old news during a Megaton-filled gaming explosion. Not many are going to care what Nintendo is announcing when in two hours we will get our first substantial hands-on reports from the 720/PS4.

A week before would mean they have the whole week to themselves, and Tuesday (June 10th) will still be filled with Nintendo news via the retailers/distributors meetings and hands-on from the show-floor.

while what i said was meant tongue in cheak ms and sony have taken 'some' of the impact out of e3 that they could've had, so it boils down to what games each of the 3 show

Volotaire

I'm coming for Retro. There better be some Retro.

I honestly don't even care if it is Mario Kart they're working on.

Also, I won't believe any dates they reveal during the direct. We're still in the "launch window" right now, right?

Retro is confirmed, said retro's game will be unveiled shortly.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...nterview-retro-are-impressed-with-the-remake/

If Retro aren't making Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, what are they making? Does it involve a certain bounty hunter?

HY: I wonder what kind of game it is? I hope to introduce it to you in the not so distant future.

Top Bottom