• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired reports that EVERY game gets dedicated servers on Xbox One

5MIKqM0.png

sangreal

I really think it was just poorly written and they meant every game could have dedicated servers. Or more specifically, cloud services are available to every developer and one of the applications is dedicated servers.

MCD

statham, sorry dude lol. GAF was acting up for me.

Someone just delete one or merge the two threads.

Eusis

Sounds way too good to be real.
If they can keep their current level of Xbox subscribers, still pile on tons of ads, and a lot of them end up not even playing THAT much online? Very believable, inactive subscribers + ads subsidize it for everyone else. And helps justify the subscription cost, admittedly.

Margalis

Banned
You can have dedicated servers today on PC and PS3.

This sounds to me like MS provides you with dedicated servers if you want them, but I suspect it also means that you can't use your own servers instead. Which probably means no cross-platform online a la FFXI.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
First good news of the day.

shinnn

Isn't the Wired article a little vague? Seems more like a wishful thinking of what they can do with the cloud system.

Also, no talk here on gaf about using the cloud to "processing power"?

Top Bottom