• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tobuscus starts Indiegogo campaign for Tobuscus Adventures: The Game

wiztee.png

Toby Turner, famous Youtuber with three multi-million subscribed channels, has started an indiegogo campaign for Tobuscus Adventures: The Game.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tobuscus-adventures-the-game?c=home

$240,000 Goal. Android/iOS. Game will be free with ads. No micro-transactions planned.

The game will be called Tobuscus Adventures: Wizards! and in it, Tobuscus accidentally incapacitates a powerful wizard and has to take his place to defeat the Wizard of Darkness!

In the game, you cast various spells of murder doom upon the incoming zombie armada. To cast a spell, Tobuscus must draw the spell symbol on his spellbook (which is, naturally, a touch-screen tablet. He is a modern wizard).

This game features fun and challenging game mechanics, as well as cut-scenes animated in the style of Tobuscus Adventures. It even has a theme song. Crossfire the boardgame had a theme song, why shouldn't a mobile app?

JesseZao

Every time I have seen Tobi stuff, I have to shut it off. Looks like a lot of people enjoy it.

He's sort of rides the razor's edge with me. Haven't watched anything of his in maybe a year. PewDeePie is too much though. He's the Fred version of toby.

Jaroof

Every time I have seen Tobi stuff, I have to shut it off. Looks like a lot of people enjoy it.

It grows on you. I didn't really dig his stuff at first, either, but after I watched his Happy Wheels stuff, I started liking his vids more.
They're pretty great.

Looks like hes taking a cue from the Yogscast. I don't watch his stuff so I don't know if hes buds with videogame developers as well or not.

This was the guy at ubisoft's press conference right?

that was the first I had heard of him, fucking completely insufferable during that. Instantly disliked him ever since.

Why does he even need to do this? he has made millions in a year alone on his youtube channels.

That's a good point.

Well, Toby makes all kinds of stuff. He doesn't only play video games; he has a main channel on which he does all kinds of stuff. He's famous for his "literal trailers". Search for "assassins creed brotherhood literal trailer" on Youtube. He also does various songs and such, and some of them are great imo.

This was the guy at ubisoft's press conference right?

that was the first I had heard of him, fucking completely insufferable during that. Instantly disliked him ever since.

That was the worst I've ever seen him at. I can only assume that he got a script from Ubisoft or that he was very limited, because he's usually much better than that.

some of you are rather naive if you really think youtube celebs make "millions"

Well, you are rather ignorant. This is a guy who gets almost a million views a day on average, has a job at Cartoon Network, is in the top charts on iTunes, does stand-up and also sells tons of merchandise. He does indeed make millions.

Well, you are rather ignorant. This is a guy who gets almost a million views a day on average, has a job at Cartoon Network, is in the top charts on iTunes, does stand-up and also sells tons of merchandise. He does indeed make millions.

Honestly, out of all the Youtubers out there, Toby is probably the most of a "corporate shell" you can find.

His channels? They're a business, plain and simple.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. What's wrong is Toby asking fans for money to make a product (of which he profits all the ad revenue), despite clearly making a 7 figure salary.

Honestly, out of all the Youtubers out there, Toby is probably the most of a "corporate shell" you can find.

His channels? They're a business, plain and simple.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. What's wrong is Toby asking fans for money to make a product (of which he profits all the ad revenue), despite clearly making a 7 figure salary.

What? Tobuscus of all Youtubers? Have a look at Smosh or RWJ is whatever. I think you got it wrong. I've never seen someone on Youtube who seem to genuinely enjoy doing what he does, hangs around with fans and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibfbq1kdF2M

Just the bit at the end where he says "I don't have a job hahahahaahahaha" just makes me want to smack him with a cricket bat.

Really? It's a joke because a lot of, especially younger, viewers often ask him what his job is.

element

some of you are rather naive if you really think youtube celebs make "millions"
He runs 3 channels. Does paid work for companies including Sony, Walmart, and others.

You have this report, http://newmediarockstars.com/2013/0...eators-adsense-salaries-revealed-infographic/ which many have said the high estimates are actually low, meaning everyone listed actually makes close to the high that it gives.

pretty much between all his channels and other ventures, Toby makes well over a million a year.

What? Tobuscus of all Youtubers? Have a look at Smosh or RWJ is whatever. I think you got it wrong. I've never seen someone on Youtube who seem to genuinely enjoy doing what he does, hangs around with fans and such.

He's a sellout. He's a brand name. He's a commercial venture.

He's not a "humble YouTuber" anymore. No no no, we're WAY beyond that stage. The guy is a corporate juggernaut, regardless if he "genuinely enjoys what he does."

His Indiegogo campaign is already funded with 40 days remaining. This is just another case of the rich getting richer.

Top Bottom