• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Molyneux is a hack and should be thrown out of the industry (Cube Opened)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the big surprise is...

A tiny microscopic Peter Molyneux who gets to wax poetically with his patented, pointless, crypto Hippie Dad-isms about video games.

bnp.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qhzb9OUWrXU

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/26/peter-molyneuxs-curiosity-secret-realed

The secret at the center of Curiosity, the iOS game from Peter Molyneux and his studio, 22Cans, has been revealed after the final cubes were destroyed this morning by Bryan Henderson from Edinburgh, Scotland.

Henderson has won the ability to be God over everyone else in 22Cans' next game, the Kickstarted project Godus, of which a playable alpha is expected to be released soon and which Molyneux showed IGN last week.

"You, the person who reached the center, will be the God of all people that are playing Godus," explains the video, which features a black-clad Molyneux standing inside a virtual cube. "You will intrinsically decide on the rules that the game is played on."

You get to work for Peter Molyneux/22 Cans!

Mock if old.

Fuck it. It's Molyneux. Mock away anyway.

CorySchmitz

The prize would have been SO much better if Godus wasn't already announced.

Imagine: "We are going to make a god game, & the winner of Curiosity is going to be the God".

As it is right now, it just seems like he's shoehorning the winner into another game he's making.

StuBurns

Banned
It's a far better prize than I ever imagined, and the cube thing was a great idea, just poorly implemented. I think he's a great big thinker, he's a terrible designer, but that's a separate issue.

border

The prize would have been SO much better if Godus wasn't already announced.

They had a pretty hard time with their Kickstarter anyway. Imagine the skepticism if they said "We're going to let someone with no game design experience have influence over this project!"

Rootbeer

Banned
The prize is awesome but it all depends on the person who won... what if they don't even want this!? There are so many ways it could pan out.

Henderson has won the ability to be God over everyone else in 22Cans' next game, the Kickstarted project Godus, of which a playable alpha is expected to be released soon and which Molyneux showed IGN last week.

"You, the person who reached the center, will be the God of all people that are playing Godus," explains the video, which features a black-clad Molyneux standing inside a virtual cube. "You will intrinsically decide on the rules that the game is played on."
That's kind of awesome depending on how much control they actually get. If you're interested in Godus (I am) this could have some pretty insane repercussions.

Some people are so salty about Molyneux's past, he's just going to get shit upon no matter what he does. Personally I admire his passion and drive even if his games don't always pan out exactly as he/we wanted them to.

Mr.Green

Thrown out of the industry? Just that? What about his family members? You'd let them live? You're too kind.

ffs.

Yes that's sarcasm in the depressing case you were wondering.

Bisonian

Thought the prize was pretty sweet considering my expectation for Molyneux hyped announcements. It's at least far more interesting then this whole Curiosity thing was.

massoluk

Banned
Seriously, people that willingly spent a single cent on Curiosity have no right to complain, you know full well there's a single prize and that it was bound to disappoint everyone but may be the winner.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
edit: Meh. It's a better prize than I expected in the end. Still telling that his "experiment" is just a giant promotional stunt for his next game.

jacobs34

Some quality threads today (sigh). I dont' see anything wrong with the prize, but I do see something wrong with being so hateful towards Peter Molyneux, sure the guy is prone to hyperbole and sometimes over promises, but at least the guy is trying to do cool things within the games industry.

Woffls

I think it's telling that Molyneux managed to live up to expectations again when he was finally given ultimate control over a project and didn't have to answer to Microsoft or EA...

Qassim

Fuck Peter Molyneux for putting out a free to play game and then giving out a prize to someone. A prize that involves potential financial rewards, and a unique position in an upcoming game.

Banned
I think it's An excellent prize and you just got beef with Molyneux because of his past. Don't allow emotions to cloud your judgement.

I disagree with you OP.

I'd have loved to have got a prize like that - although not sure I'd be comfortable with the fame that could come with.

Jeanmamadou

Neo Member
I think the mechanic of selecting at random a dude is really dubious.

Imagine if Kim Jong Un had won ?! Eternal president of North Korea and God in Molyneux's game !

And Kim is not the only unwanted basterd on Earth !

He is god over all other users and he earns cash for every game sold.

That's a pretty sweet prize tbh.
The prize is awesome but it all depends on the person who won... what if they don't even want this!? There are so many ways it could pan out.

It was supposed to be a surprise, you don't really get to complain if it's not what you wanted, it's part of the risk of taking that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom