• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nagoshi confirms Yakuza PSV, 1 & 2 HD on Wii U is "an experiment", and no 3DS plans

Takao

Banned
New threads won't kill you guys:

http://kotaku.com/yakuza-on-the-wii-u-is-an-experiment-and-not-happenin-510075724

In a recent interview, Yakuza producer Toshihiro Nagoshi described the Wii U release as "an experiment" to see how many Wii U owners would be interested in something like Yakuza. "To be honest, we're not aiming to see if the game will be a smash hit," said Nagoshi. "Our real intention is that we want to see how people respond."

But will brand new Yakuza games would come to the Wii U? "The existing [Wii U] users are different [from PlayStation owners], so isn't it hard to say if it makes sense?" It really sounds like he first wants to wait and see how Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U does.

When asked whether Yakuza would be coming to the 3DS, Nagoshi replied with a chuckle, "It's not possible." Nagoshi was asked if a spin-off was doable, like PSP title Yakuza: Black Panther, but he replied that he wants to make the Yakuza games as action adventure games. "I'd do it if it were okay to have a Yakuza game without many people walking around the city... But it would be forcing it, no?" Nagoshi added that it felt like something that wasn't that desirable.

Elsewhere in the interview, Nagoshi was asked if Yakuza was coming to the PS Vita. The game producer replied affirmatively, once again acknowledging how the series has been born and bred on PlayStation hardware.

Heyt

Banned
What about Kenzan? That would make an interesting experiment on how western gamers react to old japanese culture, hugh? Sounds good to me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The series' largest audience is in Japan iirc.

Well yes .. but you can argue the same thing for almost the entire JRPG genre (sans Final Fantasy), but they get their dues in the West too.

With Sega, all they've been doing is just subtitling the game, so it's not like there's any large production budget for the region either.

There were two of them. Believe they did well for PSP but I'm sure someone has the last known numbers.

http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php?t...d1=&sltd2=&gameid=&orderby=&res1=&res2=&opt=1

WEg9Vj9.png

you know, a sprite based yakuza game on portables would be pretty kickass. Same style of game with hyper detailed backgrounds and with combat sequences similar to old school brawlers.

Nothing surprising at all. Yakuza 1&2 HD will tank rendering future titles void on WiiU. 3DS was never a factor and the next big game will be on PS4 and they'll probably experiment again with something slightly different for Vita, just like the Black Panther PSP games.

Top Bottom