• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Steam "Take One, Give One" giveaway thread (READ OP!)

Ledsen

Inspired by Salsa, I thought a thread of continuously spreading generosity would be in order.

RULES

- To give a game away, simply post in the thread. You may request people to quote you, do something funny, etc. Don't ask for PMs, it allows people to take multiple keys without asking. Do NOT ask for a game.

- Given the nature of this thread, hiding keys in posts is NOT adviced.

- Post game names for giveaways in BOLD to make them easier to find.

- Multiple giveaways are fine, as long as each person that receives a game follow the "take one, give one" rule.

---------------------READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!---------------------------------------------------------------------

- When you receive a game, you have to give away a game in this thread, to someone other than the person who gave you theirs.

- When you're asking to receive a game that someone wants to give away, post which game you're giving away in the same post. If you're asking by PM, please link your giveaway post in the PM you send.

- You can't "reserve" a future giveaway. Giving a game away does not entitle you to getting a game later, it just makes you a generous person :) Every time you claim a game, you have to immediately give a new one away. This is to keep the giveaways rolling and avoid "hoarding" of future giveaways.

---------------------------------------READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start: The first person to quote me gets DEADLIGHT (and then has to give away another game).

rouken

Inspired by Salsa, I thought a thread of continuously spreading generosity would be in order.

RULES

- To give a game away, simply post in the thread. You may request people to quote you, do something funny, PM you etc. Given the nature of this thread, hiding keys in posts is NOT adviced.

- When you receive a game, you then have to give a game away in this thread.

- Multiple giveaways are fine, as long as each person that receives a game follow the "take one, give one" rule.

I'll start: The first person to quote me gets DEADLIGHT (and then has to give away another game).

good man. thanks. :)

edit: i'll just check my steam inventory, i think i have something.

jwk94

psh

I have Bit.Trip.Runner to give away to whoever quotes this

In for Bit.TRIP I suppose.

Hopefully I understand the rules. My game came out on September 20, 2005 for PC. Since then, two other sequels have followed, although only the series didn't return to Steam until the third game in the series. The second remained on a certain current gen console. The first person to quote me with the game I'm referring to gets its Steam Key.

Salsa

In for Bit.TRIP I suppose.

Hopefully I understand the rules. My game came out on September 20, 2005 for PC. Since then, two other sequels have followed, although only the series didn't return to Steam until the third game in the series. The second remained on a certain current gen console. The first person to quote me with the game I'm referring to gets its Steam Key.

give me your steam id you fable guy
(already own it)

Would it be possible to give one away first, then claim one later? Or do you want to stick strictly to "Take one, Give one" order?

Ledsen

I have Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to give away to the first quoter! This is in return for Fable from Salsa.

I have

(for some reason, despite free to play, i have 2 keys for Super Monday Night Combat)

4 dota 2 keys

1 torchlight 1 key

people who quote can choose what they want

daninthemix

Do people actually sit on unredeemed Steam keys? I have a ton of unplayed games in my Steam library that I would give away if I could.

Enco

Autofokus had kindly given me a Binary Domain key but it's region locked (to the US I think).

He told me to give it away so if you want it, send me a PM. It should still work I think.

If anyone has a spare copy of Hotline Miami I can take it off their hands :p

Hasney

Autofokus had kindly given me a Binary Domain key but it's region locked (to the US I think).

He told me to give it away so if you want it, send me a PM. It should still work I think.

If anyone has a spare copy of Hotline Miami I can take it off their hands :p

Yeah, I'll take that.

Bioshock, anyone?

Do people actually sit on unredeemed Steam keys? I have a ton of unplayed games in my Steam library that I would give away if I could.

Next time, when you buy them, try to select to be inventory items (i think it's possible). So you don't actually redeem the game until you're ready to play them.

I'll send you one.

How do you do that? (I'm pretty much a Steam noob)

when you buy anything on steam, dont install it store it in your inventory (it gives you the option), also saves on backloggery- I try to never install more than 2 games a week so I can start to whittle down my monster library-

Top Bottom