• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Combat 5 E3 trailer (iOS/Android): Best looking mobile game yet?

Card Boy

Banned
Say what you want about Gameloft clones but the production values of their mobile games in the past two years have being amazing considering the platform they are on.

Gimme a OUYA port

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
And get laughed at in the face of better games? These things fall apart when the controls aren't in your way.

Show me a better FPS on either the 3DS or Vita. These Modern Combat games are surprisingly console-like in quality.

Show me a better FPS on either the 3DS or Vita. These Modern Combat games are surprisingly console-like in quality.
Resistance burning skies was mediocre but it was waaaaayyy better than MC4 Imo. Once you get past the the graphics (which aren't even that good on a technical level from what I hear), the actual game is meh.

To an uncoordinated chimp, sure.
:lol no. I wouldn't say unplayable, just not enjoyable.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dont they ever consider putting stuff like this out for things like 3DS/Vita?

Exactly why I posted my question. I wouldn't mind playing something like this. But those controls...

To my knowledge they all run on Unreal Engine 3, which isn't actually compatible with 3DS.

Gameloft has ported a few iOS games to Vita though through Ubisoft, but they didn't really sell.

Maedhros

To my knowledge they all run on Unreal Engine 3, which isn't actually compatible with 3DS.

Gameloft has ported a few iOS games to Vita though through Ubisoft, but they didn't really sell.

To be fair, the games they ported were pretty shitty. And I'm sure Vita players are hungry for FPSes (before Killzone being showed), they lost their chance.

EDIT: Also, very ridiculous pricing.

Foffy

Banned
A controller works just as we'll as a touchscreen for FPS.

ShortBarf.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They charged 40$ for a game that was like 10$ on PS3 and 1$ on ios.

To be fair, the games they ported were pretty shitty. And I'm sure Vita players are hungry for FPSes (before Killzone being showed), they lost their chance.

EDIT: Also, very ridiculous pricing.

Yes but, much like how they treat other platforms, that's a pretty par for the course assessment material.

kyo27

Graphics didn't look special at all from that video. Real Racing 3 is the graphics king right now for tablet IMO.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The trailer for MC4 also looked very impressive - when i finally played the game on a high end smartphone it didnt look nearly as good. Its Gameloft after all - the Masters of Deception.

MormaPope

Banned
Neither is optimal. But it's the same idea on both devices.

Left stick right stick

Except in the case of a controller, those sticks are physical objects. You have more control with some physical object that can move and rotate, compared to a flat surface which can pick up movement on a 2D plane.

Playing Halo with touch screen controls would be possible if you only played on the easiest difficulty.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
And I thought Modern Combat 4 looked good, definitely the best looking game on my Windows Phone. Apart from that Rayman runner, which is just phenomenal.

RM8

When you put Gameloft games on systems with actual controls it becomes evident how bad they are. See Asphalt 3D or Let's Golf 3D.

MormaPope

Banned
There's a learning curve just like there was a learning curve when you first play a dual-analog FPS.

Some gamers just love to cling to their buttons and refuse to give other methods of control a chance.

I'd love to see you play Half Life 2 or Stalker with touch pad controls.

Good find, will look glorious on my iPad. I enjoy me some Modern Combat; that and N.O.V.A. are some of the best gaming experiences on iOS.

Blearth

Banned
I wonder what would happen if I go into a Halo or Killzone thread and post "lol controllers unplayable!" Without actually commenting on the game itself.

I guess that kind of blatant trolling is only cool in certain threads.

B.O.O.M

I wonder what would happen if I go into a Halo or Killzone thread and post "lol controllers unplayable!" Without actually commenting on the game itself.

I guess that kind of blatant trolling is only cool in certain threads.

Controls is a pretty related and important topic when discussing a game you know.

Top Bottom