• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft sponsoring E3 on Amazon

Haha, I guess CBOAT was right, doing everything they can to get PS4 (versions of games) off people's tongues?

Went in to the games section and noticed that they're actually sponsoring games at E3, probably completely leaving out a PS4 version:

jySusA2qsIK7Q.png

jX911isClHlKX.png

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because shoving it in my face is really making me want it so much more.

Fantasmo

Boy it sure must be costing Microsoft a lot of money to screw consumers over.
I wonder if this marketing cost would offset the used game benefit they think they're getting.

MCD

I still see no reason why people are mad at this. Is grabbing ADs and marketshare a hard concept for people here?

B.O.O.M

Don't think this is a wrong thing to do tbh..not anti consumer or anything. But I don't think I have seen this happen before. A company sponsoring E3 at amazon? :S

ElRenoRaven

Say what you want but you have to hand it to MS. They're advertising the hell out of the console. That's why no matter what we think it will be hugely successful. There is no doubt about that. They're good at advertising their console.

Takuya

Banned
Shouldn't be surprised, when the console can't sell itself, you've gotta fork out the money to give people the illusion that it is worth something.

Gammacide

I'll be curious how fair and balanced the coverage is of Sony's announcements later on this evening. Will links to games be smaller? Harder to find? Non-existent? Should be interesting. Would think this would be some sort of conflict of interest, but then again, there's a Blu-ray drive in the Xbone, so maybe things are different now?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So we've had the Ghosts Xbox One TV ad, the Doritos thing and this Amazon thing starting today, when are Sony starting their ads for PS4?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
holy marketing money MS... me thinks you should have thrown some of that money a bit more towards the hardware itself...

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I still see no reason why people are mad at this. Is grabbing ADs and marketshare a hard concept for people here?

any reason to hate on microsoft by the fanboys. Because they are known for being a succesfful company and having money they are considered being greedy and "throwing money" around. As if sony is poor

Kiraly

any reason to hate on microsoft by the fanboys. Because they are known for being a succesfful company and having money they are considered being greedy and "throwing money" around. As if sony is poor

They have been anything but succesful in their last few entered markets.

There's a difference between sponsoring and running the web pages. Amazon isn't going to pull Sony's stuff. Hell, I can see the PS4 with just as much real estate as the Xbox One in the OP's picture.

Top Bottom