• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satellite Reign (Kickstarter) - Spiritual sequel to Syndicate Wars by orig. creator

V_Ben

Banned
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign

Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game. You control a team of four agents, each with distinct and unique abilities, collectively battling for control of a fully simulated, living cyberpunk city.

The game world is designed to facilitate emergent gameplay, giving you the tools and freedom to play how you want to play, so you can create strategies and scenarios that not even we had anticipated!

Customise your team with the strength to destroy your enemies head-on, or hack into their facilities to manipulate their infrastructure without them ever knowing you were even there.

Will you take down your enemies with brute-force? Covert espionage and infiltration? Or will you use propaganda to influence the citizens of the city and overthrow the controlling powers?

Satellite Reign will be released on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

aff56b27a62a0f93e6090db733af8715_large.jpg

We will be thrilled to meet our initial funding goal. Doing so will allow us to achieve our core vision for Satellite Reign, but should we be fortunate enough to exceed our target, every bit extra will go into expanding the experience even further. We've got loads of great ideas on how we can expand Satellite Reign, which we'll reveal as the campaign continues.

Our first stretch goal will allow us to bring on Russell Shaw, the composer from the original Syndicate series. He'll bring a truly authentic soundscape to the world of Satellite Reign.

8c8b6ebafe1d9a21b11a7d8c4f8b829f_large.jpg

27ae77023a7f84ef0401fa6914eec20b_large.jpg

Oh my goodness. Sounds pretty fantastic. Really hope it makes it, if only to show EA that a proper Syndicate style game could have been sold to people.

a9e56256720dda7ed3d750a132a5c847_large.jpg

You know what is missing? Gifs.

sr001r7cmj.gif

sr002gqfb3.gif

sr004amjiwd.gif

sr10a31doa.gif

sr007eocdu.gif

sr008fyfpl.gif

(And boy is FoxSpirit right on that front)

Figured people would want to know about it.

syko de4d

Looks good, i hope they will make it. But it´s not the genre i would back for but when it´s good i can still buy the release version :)

69wpm

Oh wow, I love cyberpunk. But I'm waiting for some news for a console (Wii U especially) release, otherwise I'm not interested.

JDSN

Banned
Looks amazing, the release date its a bit far for me but im sure it will get funded easy enough.

Wiktor

Oh wow, I love cyberpunk. But I'm waiting for some news for a console (Wii U especially) release, otherwise I'm not interested.

God, I hope not. We didn't wait for Syndicate successor for almost 20 years just to have it crippled by multiplat compromises. I have no problem with them porting the game later on, but untill it ships the team needs to be focused solely on PC.

Drek

that seems really interseting but a bit high for a goal

I like it when Kickstarters set fairly high goals. Better to be honest and say you need $550K than lie (to backers or even to yourself) and think you can achieve your goals with less only to fall short.

Not every Kickstarter grossly exceeds it's target goals, so if they can't do their vision justice with less than $550K then I don't want to see a compromised version just to get the funding.

Camwi

Disappointed with the reward levels (no physical copy?), but I'll throw $20 their way. The more cyberpunk, the better.

Oh man, this looks excellent - really hope it's successful.

d1rtn4p said:
I'm in. I have a question though, I cant tell if its single player or an mmo?

Looks to be single-player, but with an 'open world'.

Camwi said:
Disappointed with the reward levels (no physical copy?), but I'll throw $20 their way. The more cyberpunk, the better.

Yeah, I definitely would I put more money down if I could get an old big box-style physical copy.

Suairyu

Banned
Will you take down your enemies with brute-force? Covert espionage and infiltration? Or will you use propaganda to influence the citizens of the city and overthrow the controlling powers?
Whenever I see quotes like this, I don't read "a system you can play to your own ends in your own style", I read: "we have designed three opposed gameplay styles with ultimately no practical end goal difference between them."

Games that say you can do both stealth and brute-force approach to me, "play it how ever you want!", have always in my experience turned out to make your gameplay style choice meaningless.

Once you start playing games with true multiple possible gameplay routes, such as grand strategy titles like Crusader Kings, you begin to see how artificially constructed most "play stealth! play shooter! play conversational influence! the choice is yours!" games are.

harSon

Banned
I've refused every Kickstarter before this, but Syndicate is among my favorite games of all time...........

cacildo

But wasnt there a Syndicate game last year?

One that people thought would be amazing, awsome, etc etc and then everybody forgot about it two days after release?

CHC

I did it, I backed - dat early bird price! No mention of release date, but I don't care this looks awesome and I played so much Syndicate as a 7 year old kid why the fuck not!

cacildo

Is it port beggin if i say this is a perfect fit for the WiiU?

ALSO: i heard a lot about kickstarters. But do we have a list of kickstarters games that are actually released? And how did they fare at the end?

8bit

Knows the Score
Those aren't the original creators of Syndicate, rather Mike Diskett was the lead on Syndicate Wars.

Top Bottom