• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIONESS by Zak Ayles (Kickstarter)

Hofmann

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The thread has been created by Gbraga.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What does it feel like to not exist?

a7c9d2ada187bda4a6bfdc97c920b0e8_large.png

LIONHEART DRIVE (or "LIONESS") is an experimental adventure game about human connection. The player controls Eggert Kirby, a freelance journalist, as he conducts research for an article about a series of seven mysteriously missing people. Of course, nothing is as it seems and he soon befriends a nicotine addicted cat and unravels a plot involving time-travel, yakuza, and interdimensional coffee.

HD Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5r3ywmK60
SEIZURE WARNING

SYSTEM: Gameplay in Lioness focuses on social interactions, life, and narrative. We are experimenting with unique new ways to approach games as a storytelling medium which haven't been explored in past adventure games.
Lioness offers a non-linear plot that can be navigated by meeting new people, solving problems, and exploring unique urban environments, all rendered in colorful, fluid rotoscope graphics.

Rather than navigating a static tree of binary decisions, we are strongly focusing on providing an organic narrative experience that feels personal and unique to everyone who plays it.
The game will be released episodically in the form of 7 'sessions'. Each session will reveal more about the plot, the world, and the people in it.

Beautiful song 'Costopenko':
tmKkY.gif

https://soundcloud.com/postpre/costopenko

For only $7 you can get 8 more games along with Lionheart Drive

BRAINGALE
We've been quietly collaborating with the braingale collective to bring you 7 brand new games that will be available exclusively as a part of this Kickstarter. Each of these games are deeply unique and personal; something you wouldn't find anywhere else -- And this campaign is the only way to obtain these games for the foreseeable future. (What is braingale?)

32c4a00981fddf1e6f5abc0025c8d188_large.gif

francis ☼ by Andrew Brophy (Rocket Hockey, Takishawa is Dead)
An exploration game that's (probably) not going to be about saving people, bad gravity, magic, terrifying things in the dark, coffee.

88b22334d99ccde133badf3a4c5b0d25_large.gif

KILLING MAN by Jerry Mickle (Coffee Mafia, SHOOT CAR, SHIT PANTS)
It's time to be a killing man.

3cab93d612a1977827dfbef47c2bf126_large.jpg

gabbage day by Todd Luke (Treasure of the Abandoned City, winnose)
become the unsung urban hero

b7cda2d31c570b827f208607cfa71749_large.png

Shadow Creatures are in the Sky by Namragog (Escalated Strange)
Use talismans to serve your god; fight the shadow men.

6b14e1b0e4d74926c1d561b02b968c0d_large.png

Star Bizarre by Lulu Blue (FILO • FILO • DISCO, Strife in a Parallel)
Here lies the pauper, who knew not care nor comfort.
Here lies the father, who by behest of their ego raised a tragic life.
Here lies the guard, yet awaiting their next order.

b278d8fde1e578ea51a7a1111e0fb0a6_large.png

Untitled by Alec Stamos (Tales of the Renegade Sector, Flight of the Data Thief)
More info coming soon!

54051019596dee48de9593f61bb09a2d_large.png

The Devil's Throne by Manuel Magalhães (Marble Time)
More info coming soon!

b4835682ff5c1369435607fdaa805c08_large.png

For the past several months, Phil and I have been working on an experimental 2-in-1 short story video game package called "cutthroat EP". It contains:

dde1d18ad89d4faf67bb07f1adcda83b_large.png

Catering to Birds: A "not-game" about a man who believes that he is a bird. Take flight in a relaxing world of sound and color. A story of isolation.

3dabc4fe27083b79653012482ca56c51_large.png

The Death Styx: A punk rock fever dream through hell. It's a fast paced, abrasive, and incredibly loud adventure that will chase you through a new vision of hell for the digital age.

By backing for $7, you will receive a digital download of both games BEFORE they are officially released to the public.

b3a31417c30a945d481b762509434db1_large.gif

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967459848/lioness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Gbraga, really looking forward to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Still need to try that amazon suggestion. Trying that now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Still need to try that amazon suggestion. Trying that now.

Wait, actually I dont. The dev just said I can send it to his Paypal account and will email me the rewards later.

Toma

Thread title really needs a some apt description + free games.

Dunno, new tactic: Lure people in by not knowing what to expect. This thread was doomed to not even reach page 2 anyway.

Hofmann

Dunno, new tactic: Lure people in by not knowing what to expect. This thread was doomed to not even reach page 2 anyway.

That's what I expected. Still, I love those kind of games, it reminds me a bit of Kentucky Route Zero - my favourite game ever! That's right!!!

Corto

Let's do this! Challenge accepted. ;) So I don't get accused of spamming I have to say that those are some really great looking animations there. I'm surely going to pledge.

Nice find, but after 10 minutes watchin', still have no idea what it is.

I think they were mostly showing the other games, like I saw Gabbage Day in action which was top down boulder wrecking madness. Don't think they showed Lioness gameplay, just a looping video of title cards and music.

Hofmann

I think they were mostly showing the other games, like I saw Gabbage Day in action which was top down boulder wrecking madness. Don't think they showed Lioness gameplay, just a looping video of title cards and music.

Yeah, that's my guess. I think he did this video collage in real time after creating the Kickstarter campaign. So, nothing new to see here.

ad_idem

The game seems interesting (especially the art direction - love the animation), although I'll still wait for something more meaty to get my head around how exactly the game will play.

However that Costopenko track is sexy. Reminds me of this. Oddly enough it's the first time I've seen the music video...abstract to say the least.

Alucrid

Banned
Gonna back. Love the idea and like that the kickstarter isn't full of seemingly useless tiers. nvrmindforgotboutgifcamm

awesome thread!
need to back. am I the only one who gets a little hotline miami vibe from the trailer? I don't know...just the overall cool but kinda creepy atmosphere
just so awesome

Hofmann

awesome thread!
need to back. am I the only one who gets a little hotline miami vibe from the trailer? I don't know...just the overall cool but kinda creepy atmosphere
just so awesome

Maybe a little when it comes to presentation, but I have to admit I haven't played Hotline yet - idling it right now for some cards:D. I'm pretty much sure the mechanics will be completely different though.

Maybe a little when it comes to presentation, but I have to admit I haven't played Hotline yet - idling it right now for some cards:D. I'm pretty much sure the mechanics will be completely different though.

yes of course, was just talking presentation & atmosphere.
man those damn cards :D you should really play it instead :p

I think the game is going to be similar to Kentucky Route Zero/Dear Esther, where it's an adventure game but the the focus is mostly on the story, characters, and world. Rather than puzzles and item gathering like a traditional adventure game. That's the impression I am getting from everything I've read and watched.

Naito

am I the only one who gets a little hotline miami vibe from the trailer? I don't know...just the overall cool but kinda creepy atmosphere
just so awesome

I don't know, I was confused, in a good way, by the video: it reminded me of Killer7 and, thus, I decided to back the project.

Hofmann

I don't know, I was confused, in a good way, by the video: it reminded me of Killer7 and, thus, I decided to back the project.

Oh yes, it's probably the closest shot. I couldn't quite grasp it, but I knew there was something familiar to it.

Looks right up my alley. I'll throw a couple bucks their way, sure.

Edit: 35 bucks in. Hope it delivers. Seems like it will.

Gbraga

I like and respect the way he thinks, but I wish he could at least talk a bit about how more money could help them achieve their vision, like, what exactly could be better. Just out of curiosity though, if they don't feel like it I wouldn't mind it.

EDIT: And the new song is dope as well, but Costopenko is truly something else, can't stop playing it.

Looks great. Remind of something Gouchi Suda would direct and the art style looks great. Will definitely keep an eye on it for when it comes out. Will the other 8 extra games be available for download somewhere like Steam or GOG?

Top Bottom