• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGM creating 'Rocky' spinoff, 'Creed', with Michael B. Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/fru...with-sly-stallone-on-mgm-rocky-spinoff-creed/

MGM is setting Ryan Coogler to direct Creed, and the studio is in early talks with Coogler’s Fruitvale Station star Michael B. Jordan to play the grandson of Apollo Creed in a continuation of the Rocky saga that Coogler is going to write with Aaron Covington. Sylvester Stallone will reprise Rocky Balboa as a retired fighter-turned-trainer. This comes in the wake of a strong summer platform opening for Fruitvale Station, the film that won both the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Awards at Sundance, and captured Prize Of The Future at the Cannes Film Festival, where Coogler and Jordan were the toast of the Croisette. Coogler intends for this to be his directorial followup to Fruitvale Station so the intention is to make it happen quickly.

Da fuh?

slit

We never got to see Clubber Lang vs Creed, even though they had a confrontation in Rocky III.

Maybe Mr T could have a grandson complete with mohawk that could challenge him.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
So it will be about Rocky training an up and coming young boxer?

That went down real well the last time they tried that.

the main opponent has to be Jason Mamoa or someone.

I hope he gets another crazy awesome Stallone-made name; i.e. Clubber Lang, Mason Dixon, Ivan Drago, etc.

tumblr_lxyk82P5Ss1qaa8d1o1_400.gif

Busty

Banned
I realise that MGM's owners are desperate to sell it off but is everyone over there drunk of schnapps?

A Rocky spin off? WHO CARES ABOUT CREED?! A rising African American actor and all he's offered is the role of a boxer.

*gold clap*

Bravo. Good job everyone.

MisterHero

Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.

I WANT YOU. I WANT YOU.

It's all in the hips. It's all in the hips.

I'm cool with this. Moar Rocky pls.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
waiting for that scene where Creed junior doesnt want anything to do with rocky because he is the reason his grandfather died..

boo hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom