• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some new info on Lightning Returns:FFXIII from Tokyo event

raven777

In Japan they had LR:FFXIII event in Tokyo and here are some new info

51NCoZm.jpg

qd5hMJe.jpg

001MCCR.jpg

-they showed Vanille
-the reason Hope became young again is unknown
-the 4th world "Wilderness" they showed in Japan expo is open world and you can ride chocobo
-the collaboration costumes change your win pose and the win music as well.
-you can change colors for the Cloud costume as well.
-If you have XIII, XIII-2 save data, you can use the XIII and XIII-2 costume right away.
-the showed off FFX's Yuna costume
-weapons, shields, costumes can be bought in shops or are quest rewards.
-the have accessories like glasses, earrings, necklaces, etc.
-you get abilities by killing enemies.
-depending on how you customize your character, its possible to kill the last boss in 50 seconds.
-If you are not good at action, you can focus on defence stats and you will be able to beat the game without using the "defend/guard" command.

-It is true the Ligtning's Bust size increased from C cup to D cup in LR. Its done by Toriyama.
-There will be costumes that makes your bust size bigger or smaller.

-It is true the Ligtning's Bust size increased from C cup to D cup in LR. Its done by Toriyama.

What a surpise, said no one.

And well, the boss quote means aother piss easy game once you do a couple of optiona content. Just like XIII-2.

That's why that kind of design dosnt work unless you do it right. Well I hope combat is fun at least.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Good job Toriyama.

Auskeek

What the hell am I reading?

Just...

tumblr_mlzur0nu871sp8wo7o2_250.gif

You know what? When in Rome, motherfuckers!

Man that Lightning, she always going Commando. And boy is she a Ravager. But don't be a Saboteur, be a Synergist. And if you prove to be a good enough Sentinel, she'll be your Medic by the end of the night.

MAH WAIFU IZ TEH BEZT!!!!!!!!

What do I win?

But seriously, what the fuck?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Apart of tits business;

-If you are not good at action, you can focus on defence stats and you will be able to beat the game without using the "defend/guard" command.
This is pretty ugly. I really hope it means "After farming throughly, and proven you're not on hard mode", or some caveat.

(I just realized i cheesed my way through more than half of a playthrough of Dark Souls itself without really having to parry\block\dodge anything)

Midou

Remember when some people were defending Toryiama and said he didn't have some sick obsession with Lightning?

Valnen

This is pretty ugly. I really hope it means "After farming throughly, and proven you're not on hard mode", or some caveat.

(I just realized i cheesed my way through more than half of a playthrough of Dark Souls itself without really having to parry\block\dodge anything)

I don't know. To me it implies character customization. You can be good at offense but you'll need to block more, or you can build your character like a tank and sacrifice offense to be able to take a hit. I imagine there will be post game content where you'll need to have both maxed defense and perfect blocking. I kind of like the idea of being able to choose offense or defense.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
-they showed Vanilla
-the reason Hope became young again is unknown

iNyNjpeKtmfZX.gif

Toxi

Banned
I'm disappointed by the quote about how you can just put stats into defense and ignore the finer points of the battle sys-
0_o

SoulUnison

Banned

Why is this man allowed to be in charge of anything?
It's like he's *trying* to make us think of this game, his character and himself as a some sort of perverted industry wash-out.

Valnen

I was not aware of this. My mistake.

edit: I guess that's why when I set my FFXIV character's bust size to 100 they still look small

Also depends on your race. Some races have the ability to get decently big, while others kind of cap out. But none of them get gigantic and I'm okay with that.

MechaX

-depending on how you customize your character, its possible to kill the last boss in 50 seconds.

I'm... not really seeing a tremendous upside to this; either Lightning gets overpowered as fuck later in the game, or the final boss will suck pretty hard. Even with extremely maxed out stuff, the real final boss of FFX took a couple of minutes.

And given how they treated the harder bosses in XIII-2, expect the only things that may conceivably give Lightning a run for her money to be DLC.

"It's just that one costume," some people said.

I have to echo Riposte on this one. This guy.

Riposte

Why do I already know Fang and Vanille are in this game. These should have been shocking twists. They don't give a fuck I guess.

Why do I already know Fang and Vanille are in this game. These should have been shocking twists. They don't give a fuck I guess.

Shocking twists? They retrieved Fang and Vanille in crystallized form in XIII-2. Is it really that shocking they're not crystal anymore after the world got fucked and 500 years passed?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I don't think they can invent that many new characters into the cast. They might just edit a pre-existing model and call it a new character.

They've abandoned the Pulsian script even.

One person speculated the game takes place inside a oracle drive lol

Top Bottom