• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Jonboy

We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/.../Join-us-at-gamescom-2013/?WT.mc_id=pdcticker

Make of that what you will I suppose. Also remember...

Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They would announce the release date at the biggest consumer video game show on earth? Predicting that is serious insider knowledge. :p

DNaDe

Neo Member
If Sony announces a Naughty Dog game in the launch window of PS4 (or even early-mid 2014)... I MIGHT have to pick it up over the XB1.

I've been missing out far too long.

Samyy

If Sony announces a Naughty Dog game in the launch window of PS4... I MIGHT have to pick it up over the XB1.

I've been missing out far too long.

Theres apparently going to be two ND games planned for next year, one supposdely being a PS4 Last of US

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
They would announce the release date at the biggest consumer video game show on earth? Predicting that is serious insider knowledge. :p

Dat dripping wet sarcasm? Your post is completely immune to my sensor. Not sure what to make of it lol

Sony's last big move before launch. Give us 1-2 surprise hype games at gamescom, announce an October release date, and they can almost assure dominance.

How can MS compete with a cheaper, more powerful console that beats them to the shelf? Sony's first party lineup has been the cream of the crop this gen, continue like that and I can't see how they can go wrong.

Dysun

335a23.gif

Apple style eh? That would be brilliant!

No, that would be Sega-style (Saturn), which is exactly why no one is crazy enough to do it again in the gaming industry. The early launch caught their third party partners off guard and severely limited their launch lineup.

October is such a perfect release date because they can launch with all the big multiplats. Come on Sony let's do this

Aren't most of the big multi plats due in November though? Watch_Dogs is late November, COD early November, Assassins Creed is November too I think? BF is I'm not sure about?

Can't see either company launching without the big games Day One.

Top Bottom