• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

Salaadin

Verendus needs a cool name like CBOAT

Im so excited for Gamescom. In some ways, more than I was for E3. Its nice that all the reveal BS can be out of the way.

B.O.O.M

They've been hyping their gamescom reveal quite a bit. So it isn't as simple as just screenshots and a trailer. I'm thinking that they're going to unveil the multiplayer portion or possibly a new set of powers.

Yep that's what I think too. Man something like Co-Op would be insane on this game. At this point they can show me him jumping down a chimney to give presents to kids and I will still be hyped as hell lol

Into

So there are 2 questions:

1. When!?

2. Japan!?

I am thinking predominately regards to Japan, i am not worried one bit whether it will launch in "tier 2" European countries, they will take advantage of MS misstep as they have all year so far.

vtj5rsid6u9d.gif

the storm is coming guys, it's almost here....
That's fucking scary man.

PS4 will sell out no matter when it's released. The earlier, the better.

Yeah but as someone who has a PS4 I don't want to be forced to pick one up before the games I want to play are out. When they were advertised as "launch" games, I thought they were actually serious. I guess as long as I can get BF4 I'm good.

Skeff

If you are releasing that late in October might as well release in November so you can get Call of Duty and Watch Dogs as well.

Or release oct 22, with KZ:SF, knack, Driveclub, DC:UO, Planetside 2, Playroom and some indies.

Oct 29 release BF4 and AC4

Nov 5 release CoD

Nov 13 Release WatchDogs.

It's better to have a constant stream of new games IMO than a bunch of launch games. It feels like more games.

Not to mention Fifa is september, madden is august, so they could well be in an october launch.

Cornbread78

so, PS4 on BF4 launch day and XBone on Ghosts launch day.... Sounds about right.

I wish Sony gave Killzone a 2 week buffer though to get some early sales before those other two launch.

B.O.O.M

Yeah but as someone who has a PS4 I don't want to be forced to pick one up before the games I want to play are out. When they were advertised as "launch" games, I thought they were actually serious. I guess as long as I can get BF4 I'm good.

duude...it's like one week lol

This is it:

North America

October 25th, 2013

Pick up Battlefield 4 and Black Flag on day of launch.

You will call me prophet when the time has come.

This is pure speculation.

Then play #DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition or the F2P launch games like PlanetSide 2, Warframe, DCUO... All for free.

vcc

Rockstar won't announce next-gen GTA V until current-gen sales of the game start to dry up a bit.

Considering the architectural similarities, they may work on a PC, PS4, XB1 port together. It'll be much less expensive to do so than in previous generations.

Foshy

How can Sony release before big games like Battlefield 4 are out? It would make the system's launch lineup dead and boring. If they launch in october they will be missing a lot of titles.

I think it'd be much better to launch the console before those titles are out. People are buying the games on day 1, and if the PS4 isn't there yet, they'll get it on their PS360 and definitely won't feel like buying twice.

We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Remember when this was going to be all Vita because of some off the cuff comment from Rey Gutierrez? Then when it was going to be all PS4 because of some filler text in a Facebook competition?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I hope they pull a Saturn. I want to be playing Killzone SF on Aug 21st

Nah, won't happen. In this internet age somebody working at a retailer would have already noticed and leaked it.

Would be awesome though since I'll be traveling around the rumored release date. :-(

nib95

Banned
wow

a ceiling fan...it's been a while

Ceiling fans saved me this summer. Seriously, without them I'd have been stuffed lol. In-fact, a lack of them killed hundreds of elderly and young people this year. Pretty tragic. Air conditioning is expensive and rare.

B.O.O.M

Ceiling fans saved me this summer. Seriously, without them I'd have been stuffed lol. In-fact, a lack of them killed hundreds of elderly and young people this year. Pretty tragic. Air conditioning is expensive and rare.

Yeah I agree AC can be expensive. But I haven't seen a 'ceiling' fan in a long time. All I have seen here in the past 7 years are portable fans or those stand up fans or w/e you call them. No ceiling fans...kind of cool to see one even in a gif :D

oh and the girl is nice too

Top Bottom