• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Honkai Star Rail PS5 version will arrive in Q4 2023, Tech Test Begins Today

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Honkai Star Rail PS5 release date will arrive in Q4 2023, placing it sometime between Sunday, October 1, 2023, and Sunday, December 31, 2023. HoYo confirmed the window during Summer Game Fest 2023. According to the PlayStation website, there won’t be a PS4 release.

During Gamescom Opening Night Live 2023, HoYo announced that a Honkai Star Rail PS5 technical test would begin on August 22, 2023 at 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET, and August 23, 2023 at 03:00 BST.

Last edited:
I played the original Honkai Impact 3rd until chapter 34, and now Genshin. However, I couldn't get into another HoYo game, they are just too formulaic at times. Star Rail seems to have an interesting premise but it might be not for me. ZZZ on the other hand seems cooler. I'm glad it's coming to consoles.

TheMan

Surprised the port is taking so long. Tried on PC but they launched without an invert Y so I shelved after 20 mins. They’ve since patched it in but I can’t be arsed

Aenima

I thought we now know it's coming to PS5.
Probably yes, but still no oficial anouncement. The only link to playstation so far was in this teaser when we can see a Plastation logo in the skateboard. Maybe they saving the anouncement to some Sony showcase.

Roxkis_ii

The Honkai Star Rail looks good, but I can't do the gocha games. So many systems and junk items to funnel you to using the gocha mechanic. I wish gocha stuff wasn't so profitable because HoYo games are fun, but the gocha stuff ruins it for me.

Once they decide to make actual game instead of mobile game on console then I will be interested to give it a try.
lYcBr5f.jpg

1. That's sus.
2. That's not very nice to say.
3. "Myhole" is saving the world.
9ZP0sm5.jpg

I tried Honkai on PC as I prefer turn based combat but lack of a local server and the slot machine mechanics eventually turned me off. Just give me a complete game where I can choose what I want to play.

Hey, Honkai isn't a bad game per say but compared to any other turn-based RPG out there it's pretty simplistic. You get more bang for your buck playing anything else in the market like Sea of Stars, Octopath Traveler, Baldur's Gate 3.

LordOfChaos

Hey, Honkai isn't a bad game per say but compared to any other turn-based RPG out there it's pretty simplistic. You get more bang for your buck playing anything else in the market like Sea of Stars, Octopath Traveler, Baldur's Gate 3.

I played it with zero bucks so the bang for your buck is infinite compared to the rest!

Top Bottom