• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO: TV EDITION | Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S August 17

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is finally receiving ports on Sony and Microsoft's ninth-generation consoles. Not that long ago, Kentucky Route Zero was made available through Netflix.
Developed by Cardboard Computer and published by Annapurna Interactive, Kentucky Route Zero is an episodic point-and-click adventure game that first dropped in early 2013 for PC and iOS, releasing in five acts over the following years with the last arriving in January 2020. Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition released on the latter date, and is a console port with all five episodes bundled together. The game centers on a delivery truck driver named Conway, who is delivering an antique in Kentucky, only to get lost on his journey and come across a wide array of strange scenarios and people. It has been critically acclaimed since its launch, garnering praise for its storytelling, art style, and characterization.
As announced by Annapurna Interactive, Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition will be continuing the recent trend of popular last-gen titles dropping on more current hardware, and is finally getting ports on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles. A fifty-three-second announcement trailer was dropped, showing various iconic yet silent scenes from throughout the game in its distinctive, simplistic art style and dreary color palette, accompanied by its haunting electronic soundtrack and a quote from a highly positive VentureBeat review. The video ends with a confirmation of the release date, August 17, which may be a lot sooner than one might expect. No evidence was provided as to whether these versions will be physically or digitally released, but considering the Switch and PlayStation 4 ports were physical, there is good precedent.

Kentucky Route Zero is available on iOS, PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One. The PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions will arrive on August 17.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I bought the first episode back in 2013. Short but great start with an unique atmosphere. Waited episode 2 wich was even weirder but in a good way. Problem was last episode came 6-7 years after the first one and I lost interest. But I'm sure the now whole game is a great point and click with strange locations to visit and weird characters... So I'll buy the PS5 version and finally play the complete game.
It's kinda Disco Elysium with a much simpler interface and no RPG stats but more variety (you travel and meet a lot of weird stuff).

Last edited:

calistan

I bought the first episode back in 2013. Short but great start with an unique atmosphere. Waited episode 2 wich was even weirder but in a good way. Problem was last episode came 6-7 years after the first one and I lost interest. But I'm sure the now whole game is a great point and click with strange locations to visit and weird characters... So I'll buy the PS5 version and finally play the complete game.
It's kinda Disco Elysium with a much simpler interface and no RPG stats but more variety (you travel and meet a lot of weird stuff).
I did that too, they had a roadmap for delivering the rest of the game by the end of the year, or something like that, but then it took so long I just forgot about it.

Played the first two episodes, I think. They were really short. Disco Elysium shits all over it for atmosphere. Gameplaywise I'd say this is basically a 2D walking simulator - some weird things to see and hear, and pretentious journos proclaiming it the game of the year based of 45 minutes of gameplay. I might have to start it again on Steam Deck someday, during a break between proper games.

Last edited:

Corian33

Was there ever an “episodic” game release that actually went according to schedule? I remember when that was all the rage but no studio could actually deliver what they promised.

Half-Life 2 Episode 3 coming any year now….

Top Bottom