• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iam8bit has just announced the 'Annapurna Interactive Deluxe Limited Edition Collection' for the Nintendo Switch

Donut County
Gorogoa
Hindsight
I Am Dead
If Found...
Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
Neon White
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Solar Ash
The Artful Escape
The Pathless
What Remains of Edith Finch

Since the release of What Remains of Edith Finch in 2017, Annapurna Interactive has rhythmically — game after game — nurtured visionary, creator-driven experiences.

Each title is wholly unique, yet when viewed from the macro, as a family of games, the impeccable curation and producorial pedigree of Annapurna becomes clear. We at iam8bit immensely appreciate what our friends at Annapurna have done to elevate gaming, so we partnered with them to produce this one-of-a-kind anthology.

Introducing the Annapurna Interactive Deluxe Limited Edition Collection — a first-of-its-kind release, featuring a whopping 12 games, neatly packed onto a single Switch cart. Just pop it in and watch each title, including 4 previously unreleased physical games, flood your dashboard.

This collection is more than just the games, though. In addition to the ultra premium packaging, we’ve also included a foreword from Annapurna Interactive founder, Nathan Gary, as well as an art booklet featuring exclusive statements from each game’s creative visionaries.

And because the legacy of Annapurna Interactive is so directly intertwined with the history of the Nintendo Switch, we knew this collection needed something extra special to bring it all together. That’s why we’ve included an Exclusive & Luxurious Annapurna Interactive Console & Cartridge Case. Prepare to feel safe, secure, and fashionable as you take your console on-the-go. You won’t find these anywhere else!

Countless, coveted accolades decorate this ensemble of amazing games, and this Nintendo Switch box set celebrates the eclectic and innovative nature of each of its twelve included titles. This elegant, custom-designed package is as premium as it gets — a definitive limited edition, so don’t miss out!

AI_Collection_ARTNOTFINAL_WEBSTORE_1.png

More at:

Here’s the pricing if you bought all of them digitally on the eshop.

• Donut County $3.79
  • Gorogoa: $4.49
  • Hindsight: $9.89
  • I Am Dead: $7.99
  • If Found…: $6.49
  • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition: $14.99
  • Neon White: $17.49
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts: $7.79
  • Solar Ash: $29.99 (recent release)
  • The Artful Escape: $9.99
  • The Pathless: $19.99
  • What Remains of Edith Finch: $4.99

Cost if bought on sale on the eShop: $137.88.
Total install size is around 27 GB and iam8bit claims they are all complete on cart which means they'll have to fork $$ for the expensive 32GB cart.
The $199 asking price seems to be fair I guess as they also throw in an artbook and a custom case.

No Outer Wilds, no buy.
Outer Wilds is my 2019 indie GOTY and it absolutely deserves a Switch physical release albeit as stand alone instead of being bundled in a collection like the one in my OP. That said, it already received a PS4 physical release, but it's hovering around $100 complete in-box on ebay. :/
Sorry, no STRAY, no buy.

Cat GIF by Annapurna Interactive
Stray is not Switch sadly.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

• Donut County $3.79

Total install size is around 27 GB and iam8bit claims they are all complete on cart which means they'll have to fork $$ for the expensive 32GB cart.
The $199 asking price seems to be fair I guess as they also throw in an artbook and a custom case.

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

VitoNotVito

• Donut County $3.79

I don't think it's a fair price. When you sell a bundle there should be savings.
There aren't any here.

Impotaku

I don't think it's a fair price. When you sell a bundle there should be savings.
There aren't any here.
it is when you see how much some of those games go for in physical form which is the whole point of this collection. Some of those releases were limited print releases which now have stupidly expensive price tags. gorogoa & doughnut county alone would take up nearly half the cost of that collection alone if you were to try and attempt to find copies nowadays.

Top Bottom