• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition announced for the Switch with a confirmed release date of July 11, 2024

Bandai Namco is bringing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition to Switch, the company just announced. We have a confirmed release date of July 11, 2024.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition, a combat flight sim that first debuted in 2019, "recreates the thrilling experience and explosive action of the original game" on Nintendo's console. The 2-8 player multiplayer combat will be available, along with other features. Additional DLC not included in the Deluxe Edition is planned to be available to buy after launch.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Took them long enough, but better late than never. I've enjoyed the Ace Combat games I've played. Didn't expect the stories to be so developed, which was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Fbh

That's cool and all but can we get a new AC too?

Also the trailer is very cutscene heavy with just a few short gameplay glimpses, they don't seem to be confident about how it looks/runs.

Xaeroxcore666

Neo Member
Another "impossible port" on Switch. Let´s cross finger for another Nier, Doom Eternal o Withcer 3, and no another Arkham Knight or MK1.

Woopah

Also the trailer is very cutscene heavy with just a few short gameplay glimpses, they don't seem to be confident about how it looks/runs.
Another "impossible port" on Switch. Let´s cross finger for another Nier, Doom Eternal o Withcer 3, and no another Arkham Knight or MK1.
There’s no way they got this to work on Switch lol, it barely runs on base PS4 and Xbox One
They've done an official comparison trailer, which shows some confidence.

Sojiro

Man I haven't played an Ace Combat game since electropshere on the PS1 lol, is this one pretty good? Still going to wait to see how it actually runs on the switch before picking it up though.

LRKD

That's sweet for Nintendo players. If ya haven't yet, it's definitely worth playing. However, it seems really late though. I'd like to see the other games ported forward though, especially since some of them were available for limited time as preorder exclusive.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'd love to get an upgraded version of the game on current consoles, but absolutely not on the Switch. I can't even imagine the technical downgrade.

Skifi28

Didn't see that coming.
You probably won't see it coming in-game either.

Live picture of me searching for enemy planes in portable mode:
CHFzAzS.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Man I remember playing this back in 2019... I also remember that the game awards didn't even nominate it for best score that year... the game awards have consistantly shown they have no fucking clue when it comes to music.

I mean listen to this shit.

NanaMiku

Welp, that was a surprise. Right at the 5th anniversary of the game

FYI, this is also made by Project Aces. But it's an adaptation from a movie anime

Well, they already announced they are making the sequel. But they still haven't done anything when they announced it.
CHFzAzS.gif
Meh, Switch screen is still bigger than 3DS

LordOfChaos

Playing this on PS5, pretty fun.

I wonder if theres' anything between this Hollywood-unrealistic fighter jet game and the it'll-take-you-30-minutes-just-to-fly-and-not-crash realism of DCS. A good, in depth fighter pilot game for VR could be killer, but there's a limited audience thus far.

NanaMiku

I wanted to love this game but all the ground target missions bum me out.
Use the special weapon that can target multiple targets
Playing this on PS5, pretty fun.

I wonder if theres' anything between this Hollywood-unrealistic fighter jet game and the it'll-take-you-30-minutes-just-to-fly-and-not-crash realism of DCS. A good, in depth fighter pilot game for VR could be killer, but there's a limited audience thus far.
Microsoft Flight Simulator? Project Wingman is similar to Ace Combat so not really a recommendation.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
VTOL VR is exactly that (though it perhaps leans on realism a bit more than arcade action it's definitely a far cry from DCS). OperatorDrewski has some pretty awesome videos showing it off but the last few here are the official trailers if you don't care to watch a youtuber or whatever he is.

CHFzAzS.gif
The HUD marks everything one way or another, what do you think this is, WWI air combat?

Last edited:
Weird, it looks like the Switch release of Ace Combat 7 for North America might be digital only.

Basically another Baiten Kaitos and Klonoa situation according to Bandai Namco's PR.

"ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN DELUXE EDITION releases exclusively as a digital title for Nintendo Switch in the Americas on July 11."

So far listings have appeared on various retailers for Japan, Europe and Australia. Play-Asia also has the Asian version up for pre-order and claim it'll have English.

Last edited:
Top Bottom