• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F |OT| - Evacuate The Dance Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
No Evacuate The Dance Floor by Cascada? That's misleading, OP :)

(I don't know why that virtual girl is so popular.)

Quadruple dip for me - JP Vita physical, PS3 digital, PS3 physical, and now US PS3 physical to show some support, as well as to use edit-mode in English.

Double dipping. I love this game!

In before avatar quote.

image.php

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm glad my SO picked up the Pulse Elite headphones this month. I've been woken up by the Rin demo song way too many times.

Ban Puncher

Got a retail copy coming from the US to stick in the shelf and will buy the PAL digital version.

Know fuck all about vocaloids but I've missed Japanese rhythm games this gen.

would get day 1 if it was 60 fps... 30fps rhythm games are just against... my moral code? idk.

i think i have more fun just watching the videos on youtube lol.

zroid

Banned
This is one of those games I don't really want to play that much (except as a curiosity), but I feel I need to buy just to support really unlikely localizations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, forgot this was coming out next week.

.......oh, right, same day as Killer is Dead. Damn, if this wasn't coming out when other stuff was, I think I would've gotten it at launch, but for the time being, might wait for a sale. Just hope we eventually get the Vita version since that way, I can take it with me and use my headphones.

Also by supporting this game we might send a strong message about Yakuza 5 localization. :D

.......oh, right, same day as Killer is Dead. Damn, if this wasn't coming out when other stuff was, I think I would've gotten it at launch, but for the time being, might wait for a sale. Just hope we eventually get the Vita version since that way, I can take it with me and use my headphones.

Support this game and we might get a Vita version!

I am so unbelievably hyped for this game. I just keep playing the demo non-stop. It's so much fun.

Wait until you get the game proper! Time to get my controller hooked up again:

htyqq1B.jpg

It's a shame they couldn't offer out a few units internationally (of the above, not the ultra-mega-expensive one), but completely understandable why they haven't.

Both will be on sale in time, but from what I've read of KID, you'll get far more longevity out of Project Diva. That, and the price on KID is probably going to sink like a stone/be easier to find out in the wild.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wait until you get the game proper! Time to get my controller hooked up again:

htyqq1B.jpg

It's a shame they couldn't offer out a few units internationally (of the above, not the ultra-mega-expensive one), but completely understandable why they haven't.

I want this so bad, but it's so far out of my budget. =/ I love peripherals like these for music games. I've got a Pop'n Mini I bought back in 2005 for Pop'n Music. I'd love to have something like that for Miku.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Both will be on sale in time, but from what I've read of KID, you'll get far more longevity out of Project Diva. That, and the price on KID is probably going to sink like a stone/be easier to find out in the wild.
Part of the reason I wanna go with KiD is because the pre-order bonuses are decent (OST, artbook, and 4 things of DLC) compared to 2 DLC outfits & a theme that I might not use. It's still interesting, I'm sure some people are happy for it, and nice to see Sega offer it, but just a matter of taste, I guess. Oh well, I'll see if I can figure something out.

Support this game and we might get a Vita version!
That's one of the reasons why I wanna get this, because I figure, while I'm not the biggest Miku fan (if a song gets it right, I really like it, but I don't listen to a ton of them), it's great that Sega is giving this a chance & I wouldn't mind seeing this succeed.

I want this so bad, but it's so far out of my budget. =/ I love peripherals like these for music games. I've got a Pop'n Mini I bought back in 2005 for Pop'n Music. I'd love to have something like that for Miku.

Be glad you weren't around when they first started doing controllers. They released a Dreamy Theater 2nd controller before f/F were released, so it has nothing to do the star mechanic with; you actually had to buy a whole new controller for F unless you wanted to be stuck using the Star Changer help item every time.

TxdoHawk

This is one of those games I don't really want to play that much (except as a curiosity), but I feel I need to buy just to support really unlikely localizations.

Yup! That's why I've got a pre-order in. I'm just kind of done with rhythm games as a whole, but we'll see if this rekindles my interest.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm really sad that many people will be dissuaded from buying this game simply because of how it looks. It's so fun to play. This is easily my most played PSP game when 2nd came out apart from Dissidia.

Got f on Vita a few months back. Almost to the platinum. I'd love to buy the English PS3 version just to support it, but there's too much other stuff coming out.

Really is an awesome rhythm game.

Mesoian

I'm really sad that many people will be dissuaded from buying this game simply because of how it looks. It's so fun to play. This is easily my most played PSP game when 2nd came out apart from Dissidia.

While I understand that this game, and miku in general, have a pretty strong fanbase, it's WAAAAAY too niche to ever hit the big time. There are only a couple Miku songs I like, they're all done by Supercar, and absolutely nothing about this package jumps out at me.

This, to me, looks like another version of Idolmaster. And I don't need that.

Do we know the price of the EU digital only release? Unfortunately I might have to wait to pick this up since my hands are so fuckin full with Rayman Legends, Puppeteer and KH1.5. Something has to go and Miku+KZM have been dropped off the day 1 list for the time being :(.

If this had the Vita release I'd have to make an exeption :lol

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
While I understand that this game, and miku in general, have a pretty strong fanbase, it's WAAAAAY too niche to ever hit the big time. There are only a couple Miku songs I like, they're all done by Supercar, and absolutely nothing about this package jumps out at me.

I think that just like how Elite Beat Agents had great gameplay, though based off of Osu, it was largely overlooked by a great number of gamers PD will have the same end result - albeit for different reasons. Just sad by how gameplay won't triumph in the end.

The game has almost nothing in common with IDOLM@STER.

RMI

Banned
Double dipping. Can't wait to do it all over on the PS3aafter playing the Vita game a ton.

If you're on the fence about this game just buy it. Thevvita one was my first project diva and i loved it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

The Project Diva series really are great games. I probably wouldn't have found out how much I like the music if the games weren't so good/compelling. :3

Mesoian

I think that just like how Elite Beat Agents had great gameplay, though based off of Osu, it was largely overlooked by a great number of gamers PD will have the same end result - albeit for different reasons. Just sad by how gameplay won't triumph in the end.

And you're totally right, but EBA had covers of stuff that people knew, enough to draw their attention at least (Hell, so did Ouendan). With Miku, it's all original stuff that people who aren't already indoctrinated into this idea of Miku Hatsune are looking for. It's a REALLY tough position to try and build upon, especially in the West.

The game has almost nothing in common with IDOLM@STER.

And that doesn't matter because what I see when I look at this videos and stills of this game, I see a cute girl dancing on a stage with button prompts wafting through it. With EBA and Ouendan to a lesser extent, DDR, pump and Taiko Drum Master, there is other stuff going on, there is a narrative going on whlie you play that you eventually tune out once you decide to get good and the game.

The presentation of this game and games like this appeal to a very specific type of fan, and is exclusionary to everyone else. Bust a Move was the same way and I think games like Guitar Hero 1 and Rock Band 1 got very lucky because the focus of what you needed to do to progress was removed far enough away from the characters on screen for you to never focus upon them directly, while still allowing onlookers to have something interesting to watch. Meanwhile, in the Miku games, Miku's Model, at any given time, takes up 70% of the screen.

This might be the best rhythm game of all time, but it's presentation makes me not want to play it.

Esura

Banned
Get hyped! Rin da best!

I got this shit on the preorder all lock down tight. Got to indulge myself into my newfound love for this Vocaloid stuff. Wish I got into it sooner.

kiyomi

No word on the EU digital price? I really want to get it at some point and support the EU version if possible.

Definitely looking forward to it, though I'm not sure how much I'll actually have time to play upon release given everything else coming out.

Mesoian

Hold up how come SEGA never bothered to have Ulala in this game or in a Project Game?

Sega hates their old franchises.

Maybe if it came with a coupon for a free pizza.

Project Diva is a rhythm game. Idolmaster is an idol simulator. There's barely anything in common besides cute anime girls.

Wasn't idolmaster original a rhythm game and then, as time went on and it became not the only xbox 360 video game in japan, turned more into the creepy AKB128 simulator that it is now?

chrono01

It's finally upon us!

iWkWoELBc06pI.gif

I already have my copy pre-ordered at EBGames.ca [along with the pre-order bonus for the Hatsune Miku PS3 theme and Snow Miku 2013 DLC costumes!] and I can't wait. Hatsune Miku is prepared to invade North America [and the rest of the remaining world outside of Japan] and we will never be the same.

Surrender now or face the consequences.

Kokonoe

Banned
If this game isn't like the Idolmaster then that's good because the Idolmaster is creepy. I played it a bit a few weeks ago.

Hold up how come SEGA never bothered to have Ulala in this game or in a Project Game?

Ulala isn't moe, but Miku Ulala is.

Rhapsody

Banned
Wasn't idolmaster original a rhythm game and then, as time went on and it became not the only xbox 360 video game in japan, turned more into the creepy AKB128 simulator that it is now?
Nope. Rhythm came afterwards on PSP and iOS. It was a simulator first.

Edit: Well, it had some elements of a rhythm game at some parts. But I still wouldn't call it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom