• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Gamescom multiplayer demo [gameplay]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Their silence on resolution is so worrying. :(

Why? even if it's 720p i'd take that any day over 1080p if i can have constant 60 frames per second.

I won't have this problem, since i will buy it on PC

-Amon-

Can't decide between this or Killzone. My head says Battlefield. My heart says Killzone.

I'm in the same boat, but my problem is that i have heavy free time costraints.

Without them i would buy them both, they are so different one from another...

TnK

Did they reduce the tun speed? The run looks really slow in this video.

I hope this is not true, one of the things I really loved about BF3 is that the run was fast and limitless.

EDIT: It seems that it hasn't been reduced. Watching the re-stream, the running looks the same.

tci

It looks rough to me...don't know if it's the shitty IGN stream. This is PC footage.
If this is PC, then I'm not impressed. Is he playing with a controller?

edit: Oh, ok he's on a k/b. In the first minutes it really didn't look like it.

I picked BF4 over Killzone... still happy. Looks insane.

I hate EA so much... but I love BF and Fifa... got both preorderd for PS4. It was hard deciding not to go with Killzone at launch. Will definitly get it eventually though.

I don't think there there has been any console footage shown yet (at least to public).

Thankyou sir. Im guessing it was showcased behind closed doors. They were certainly very specific in saying it was PS4 footage they saw.

ButchCat

The trailer version and this look very different. Feels too similar to BF3 and this new mode is essentially Rush mode. I might wait a little for a price drop and pick up KZ:SF at launch instead.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Buying premium on day one. This game delivers. They took the one thing about BF3 that didn't look next gen, and cranked it up to 11.

Dat water.

Very nice, I love the subtle weather effects like the swaying trees and the sea water spray in the air.

My only gripe is that the waves seem to be moving across the beach as opposed to onto the beaches. A big wave rolls past the beachhead and the amount of water flowing on the sand does not spread. Little things, gameplay and map design looks tight.

The vegetation swaying in the storm is cool and the big waves are great, but this game sufferes from the same crippling issue as bf3

no color, no contrast, squint and shoot triangles, mash that spotting key hoping to reveal enemies you can't see with your own eyes, strawberry jam in your face when you get low hp (because when you are low hp or get shot from behind you want to not be able to see shit, NOT) and bloom and glare blinding you some more.

At least they toned down the bloom a little bit and toned down the shit on your visor effect and horizontal lensflares a bit, but bf3 was a constant fight with the visuals which made it unenjoyable for me.

Orayn

Looks like they lowered the bullet drop amount.
Thank god.

Bullet drop is kind of a point of contention, since Battlefield has a semi-realistic overall feel and the maps just large enough to make it seem weird for bullets to act as magical physics-defying projectiles.

It's not decreasing the drop so much as it's increasing the muzzle velocity.

Bullet drop is kind of a point of contention, since Battlefield has a semi-realistic overall feel and the maps just large enough to make it seem weird for bullets to act as magical physics-defying projectiles.

It's not decreasing the drop so much as it's increasing the muzzle velocity.

Im not asking for laser guns but it was just a little too much in BF3.
you could be like 75 yards which isn't that far compared to a lot of the maps and you would have to aim 2 or 3 feet above the target.
though I guess making the velocity higher would solve the problem completely and the drop would then be fine.

Top Bottom