• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Gamescom multiplayer demo [gameplay]

The Flash

Banned
Freaking love that dynamic storm weather.

jackfrags gameplay [11 min]
IGN gameplay
CVG gameplay

old-man-crying-gif.gif

It's so beautiful...

Thank you shinobi602. I was getting sick of watching those top down livestream videos.

majik13

Water still needs to reflect the vehicles on them. They only reflect the sky atm, which looks weird.

That is pretty normal with every single game. Or has been. Real time reflections are pretty rare, at least with large sale games like this. They ussually just reflect a static image. But yeah the more fidelity and improved graphics we get, the weirder it will seem.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Mother of God these look good.

This will be amazing on PS4. Even if it ends up being 720p.

(Though if it is 720p@60FPS on the Xbox One, is it not possible it would be 1080p on PS4 with the extra 600 gigaflops? Assuming graphical parity otherwise.)

Only graphical complaint as mentioned above is water reflections being environment only. Especially noticeable at the beginning of the Paracel trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYQyP9hv2Q

Jackfrags put up more footage. You can see the new mortar too which acts almost like a SOFLAM where you plant it and control it from a little PDA type device

You can also peek over cover now as indicated at about 4:48

He uses a lot of a sniper rifle and the x40 scope is just nuts haha

Gun sounds are so much better, like a cross between BC2 and BF3. Realistic but meaty

Meh, won't decide before beta, but I have to see something really great during beta to pick it day one. BF3 was (and still is) great, but too many things were missing.

harrytang

graphics not my primary concern atm, whats been said about connecting to friends and game quickly? on xbox it felt like it took ages to get party into one game and one squad. it actually became the reason my friends and I would hop on COD if we only had a quick 30 min to play. if they've improved this then ill double dip and get 360 version in Oct and next gen version eventually. hate menus.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My god this game looks beautiful. And I don't just mean the graphics, I mean the freaking gameplay. COD Ghosts impressed me with its multiplayer reveal, but this video is bringing back memories of Battlefield 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYQyP9hv2Q

Jackfrags put up more footage. You can see the new mortar too which acts almost like a SOFLAM where you plant it and control it from a little PDA type device

You can also peek over cover now as indicated at about 4:48

He uses a lot of a sniper rifle and the x40 scope is just nuts haha

Gun sounds are so much better, like a cross between BC2 and BF3. Realistic but meaty

That sniper range and zoom is insane. I can't wait to try it out :p

Mother of God these look good.

This will be amazing on PS4. Even if it ends up being 720p.

(Though if it is 720p@60FPS on the Xbox One, is it not possible it would be 1080p on PS4 with the extra 600 gigaflops? Assuming graphical parity otherwise.)

Only graphical complaint as mentioned above is water reflections being environment only. Especially noticeable at the beginning of the Paracel trailer.

Well, the PS4 GPU has twice the fillrate, which should help not just with the resolution, but with the AA as well.

watchdog

Riding those storm waves on a boat or jet ski looks like a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to the changing weather and environments.

Top Bottom