• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youtube ads in web browser freezing Wii U

I haven't had this happen yet. I'm in the clear for now.

My netflix app freeze like 60% of the time I try to boot it now though. If I can make it past the boot up, it works fine.

ohlawd

Hasn't happened to me.

What is happening to me recently is losing my connection. Getting sick of it since I can't browse GAF properly ;_;

edit: just the Wii U. My 3DS and laptop retain their connection.

FZZ

Banned
This happens to me sometimes when I use HTML 5 for YouTube. It has happened on my Nexus 7 a couple of times.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
No hardlocks on my end, but ads on the HTML5 YouTube LOOP. I can't even get to the video.

If I'm desperate, I'll just boot up the YouTube app. No problems there.

RagnarokX

Hasn't happened to me.

What is happening to me recently is losing my connection. Getting sick of it since I can't browse GAF properly ;_;

Manually enter your wireless settings.

No hardlocks on my end, but ads on the HTML5 YouTube LOOP. I can't even get to the video.

If I'm desperate, I'll just boot up the YouTube app. No problems there.

Before I was having a similar problem. Sometimes an unskipable ad would make the video not load. Before this freezing problem the ads were refusing to show their visuals; they would just show a speaker symbol and play the audio.

Gskyace

64e7655fjw1e7voooohcmj20cs0pk40i.jpg

A picture I saw before, which is quite funny.
Now it's not true,youtube officially save Nintendo's concern.

(Ignore the watermark, I need to find a place to save it :D)

So Wii U's browser doesn't support HTML5 or just the ADs?

Tripon

Hasn't happened to me.

This was happening to me for a while. I had to manually reset my router a couple of times before the Wii U fixed itself.

This seems like a bug, and hopefully Nintendo patches it up.

Tripon

64e7655fjw1e7voooohcmj20cs0pk40i.jpg

A picture I saw before, which is quite funny.
Now it's not true,youtube officially save Nintendo's concern.

(Ignore the watermark, I need to find a place to save it :D)

So Wii U's browser doesn't support HTML5 or just the ADs?

Wii U's browser only uses HTML5, and not flash, which is why youtube works well, but most other video players won't play.

Internet needs to move away from Flash as soon as possible, especially since Abode pretty much abandoned it already.

efeman

Banned
Wii U's browser only uses HTML5, and not flash, which is why youtube works well, but most other video players won't play.

Internet needs to move away from Flash as soon as possible, especially since Abode pretty much abandoned it already.

Let's run everything in Java.

baphomet

Happens nearly every time I try and watch something. That's the only thing I've even been turning the console on for, and now it doesn't even work.

RagnarokX

That's a separate issue, I was responding to my Wii U dropping my wifi connection. For a while, it wasn't reading my SSID, and it took a couple of router restarts to fix it.

I thought due to your spacing and use of "This" that you were changing to this topic. My mistake.

Gskyace

Flash is always that evil. :D

Top Bottom