• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE Boss JIm Ryan AMA on Norwegian site (English Q&A)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
«Start»- og «Select»-knappene er erstattet med to nye knapper: «Share» og «Options».

It's a spilmaskin, bro.

http://www.gamer.no/artikler/154920/se-hva-sony-svarte-pa-lesernes-playstation-4-sporsmal/

How is best Xbox one or PS4? -Htc

Hi Htc. PS4. Thanks, Jim

No softball here:
Why do we have to pay for a subscription to play online.

Hi Johan, the answer is yes, if you want to play online multiplayer, that you will need a subscription to PlayStation Plus. We are making huge investments to improve the quality of the PSN, and also wanted to be sure that consumers can buy the console for E399, so we felt that recovering the cost of these investments by including online multiplayer within PS Plus with its fantastic value Instant Game Collection (which will include PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita games) was the fairest way to achieve this. Important to clarify that online multiplayer remains free on PS3 and PS Vita. Thanks, Jim

Hello, how long will it take for the developers to fully harness the power of the PS4? Is it going to be the same as it was with the PS3? A couple of years pass, and by the end of its lifespan we'll see PS4s answer to games like The Last of Us? I'm asking this, because I want to know if a PS4 is worth my money at its release date.

Hi Kevin, it's a good question. You are right that developers usually take a couple of years to optimise their performance on new gen consoles, but one point I want to make is that the highly developer-friendly PS4 system architecture means that the PS4 launch titles are actually showing a step change compared to PS3 that we haven't seen in previous generations. So I'd say get yourself off to a store on November 29th and buy one! All the best, Jim

[...]Since the reveal of the PS4 I have been wondering if it will be able to have two or more profiles logged in at the same time like the Xbox 360 is. We really want to play on a Playstation, but have felt that we had to prioritse the 360 this generation because of this feature. I hope it is not the case this time around.[...]

Good morning Iselin, really glad to hear that you are looking forward to our launch. I have some good news for you - up to four profiles can be signed in on one console on PS4. Thanks for your question, Jim

What do you think about the competition against microsoft? And how are your plans to make xbox fans join the playstation?

Hi Adrian - of course the first thing to say is that PS4 will be the only next-gen console available in Norway before Christmas this year. We want to appeal to everybody and by designing the console with the gamer's interests at the very top of our minds, we think that we have a great chance of achieving this. It obviously comes down to the games available as well, and with all of our Worldwide Studios hard at work on PS4 games, we will have a huge amount to offer. Thanks Jim

Will the PS3 be forgotten after the new gen is released? What are the plans for the current console owners who refuse to give up their PS3?

Morning Reacher. We never forget current gen when next gen launches and PS3 will be no different. Witness the fact that we brought brilliant new IP to the console this year in The Last of Us, and Beyond: two Souls, not to mention the small matter of GT6 coming in december. Enjoy! Thanks Jim

Any chance we can get another Jumping Flash? :)

Jostein what a brilliant question. There can only ever be one Jumping Flash (it was the first game that I played when I took my original PlayStation home). However, a lot of the great Indy stuff that we have people working on evokes the spirit of that classic and I can tell that you will love some of these games. All the best, Jim

There are more questions on the site, but the answers are generally known.
The last question Jim Ryan has answered was 1h20m ago, so I don't know if it's over or if he will do more later.

faridmon

comments

Et nytt Jumping Flash burde vært en førsteprioritet.

This guys knows what's up

Why would a Norwegian Site write their interview in English? Can't they be bothered to translate it fully?

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
The biggest news I think is missing from the OP. Unless I am reading it wrong Europeans cant stream games to Vita till Gakai launches.

Gaikai needed for PS4 to Vita streaming?
Hi. I'm wondering if it'll be possible to stream PS4 gameplay to Vita from day one here in Norway, or if we have to wait until Gaikai launches before this is possible.
Skrevet av: Øystein Rantrud - I går, 22:59

Svar:
Morning Øystein, we're hard at work with the Gaikai guys to bring their great service to PlayStation. We will lauch in 2014 in North America, and after that turn our attnetions to Europe. The great broadband infrastructure that you guys have here in Scandinavia means that Gaikai is going of huge interest to our Norwegian fans.

benny_a

The biggest news I think is missing from the OP. Unless I am reading it wrong Europeans cant stream games to Vita till Gakai launches.
Oh I didn't even realize that you can interpret it that way that the local remote play which has been confirmed several times was not available at launch.

Jim seemed to have answered the Gaikai question that uses remote Sony servers and is only currently scheduled to launch in the US.

If I had realized that I would have named the thread more controversial to get dem clicks. ;-)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

This was known months ago. At least regarding the launch. I believe they went on to clarify at Gamescom. Seems like it will roll out in stages.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Oh I didn't even realize that you can interpret it that way that the local remote play which has been confirmed several times was not available at launch.

Jim seemed to have answered the Gaikai question that uses remote Sony servers and is only currently scheduled to launch in the US.

If I had realized that I would have named the thread more controversial to get dem clicks. ;-)

I think he tossed out a canned Gaikai answer without reading the question...

Does look like ha saw Gakai then gave stock Gakai answer.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
This was known months ago. At least regarding the launch. I believe they went on to clarify at Gamescom. Seems like it will roll out in stages.

The Gakai delay was known, but it made it seem that Vita streaming relied on Gakai. Just looks like an error basically.

benny_a

They can't stream via Gaikai. That doesn't mean you can't use your local network to stream from your local PS4 to your local PSVita.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think he tossed out a canned Gaikai answer without reading the question...

He's confusing Gaikai the service with the Gaikai tech built into the PS4 that allows PS4 games to be streamed to the Vita. He thinks it means you won't be able to stream PS4 games to the Vita until the Gaikai service is launched in Europe ... which is incorrect.

Camjo-Z

I thought I would be more annoyed with having to pay for online, but PS+ has been such a great value that I would have paid for it anyways.

also

There can only ever be one Jumping Flash

iyHvHjgG461DX.jpg

rbanke

I find it weird that I keep seeing the multiple profiles signed in at once question because the PS3 has allowed it since just after Resistance 2 came out.

Guymelef

I find it weird that I keep seeing the multiple profiles signed in at once question because the PS3 has allowed it since just after Resistance 2 came out.

PS3 doesn't allow, specific games does.
In PS4 it's a OS feature, not software.

4 psn profiles? thats amazing. This morning i saw a tweet from colin, he said when a trophy pops, its tells you who earned it

DUNNO how to embed tweets

Top Bottom