• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pusha T - My Name Is My Name |OT| G.O.O.D Music is putting out G.O.O.D Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Pusha_T_My_Name_Is_My_Name.jpg

Pusha_T_My_Name_Is_My_Name_2.jpg

Release Date - October 8, 2013

Record Label - Def Jam / G.O.O.D Music

Pusha T is one half of the hip-hop group Clispe and he has made a name for himself as a solo artist. He debut LP is FINALLY coming out and even though this has been an excellent year for rap music, Pusha T is ready to release his G.O.O.D Music to the people!

I feel like Kanye West's introduction to the album release party should be listened to before you play the album

Myspace Album Stream!

Tracklist:

1. "King Push"
2. "Numbers On The Board"
3. "Sweet Serenade" f. Chris Brown
4. "Hold On" f. Rick Ross
5. "Suicide" f. Ab-Liva
6. "40 Acres" f. The-Dream
7. "No Regrets" f. Jeezy And Kevin Cossom
8. "Let Me Love You" f. Kelly Rowland
9. "Who I Am" f. 2 Chainz & Big Sean
10. "Nosetalgia" f. Kendrick Lamar
11. "Pain" f. Future
12. "S.N.I.T.C.H." f. Pharrell

Have no idea who Pusha T? Here are some popular songs he is in!:
Mercy
New God Flow
Mr. Me Too
I Don't Like Remix
Trouble On My Mind ft. Tyler, The Creator

Interviews:

“I’m so happy that my album actually is coming out around everybody’s. At the time, when it got pushed back in July, I was praying that it was not pushed back, because I wanted it to come out in the mix of all these rows of albums so now I want y’all to hear. But this is fine, too, because it can come out on the heels of [Nothing Was The Same] and people can compare them. Jay Z’s my favorite rapper. It’s cool. Kanye came out. Jay Z, Kanye,Wale, J. Cole, Drake, that doesnt [matter]. I look at Ye and Jay differently than I look at the rest. Album of the year. Hip-hop album of the year. For sure. No doubt in my mind.” (VH1)

“I didn’t learn the art form of rapping in those different stages — I only knew to be as ill as you can be lyrically,” he said. “It’s all about creating that nostalgia. When it came to My Name Is My Name I said to myself, ‘Man, I wanna make something that I love and I wanna listen to myself. I wanna go to an era and revisit an era that was strictly about lyrics.’ So I had to go to ’95-’99 — a great mixtape era, a great B.I.G./Jay era. To me it was just more so about re-creating the greatness of an amazing time.” (MTV)

Wanna buy it?!?:
iTunes
Amazon

PushaT1.png

I'm waiting to see with the features it all depends on how there used because My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is one of my favorite albums of all time and it was very feature heavy.

Jake.

the du has always been my second favourite mc after cam, but to be honest i'm not expecting much - hope i'm wrong. yeuch.

IrishNinja

going in with no expectations...i loved classic Clipse but barely fucked with Pusha since, could use some good coke raps since jay's spiritually still retired and Ross isn't always great fro me, will be hitting this up

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounding a lot like Pusha is about to put out a more solid project than Drake's latest from what's out there thus far. Really, I don't think anyone would have expected that to happen ever.

Cautiously optimistic, but I think most people will be disappointed if they didn't like anything he's put out since the Fear of Gods. Pusha's only getting more versatile though, I kinda like where he's sitting where he can jilt back and forth between coke raps and the reality raps.

Been riding with Clipse and Pusha T since Lord Willin'...can't wait for this album.

Say yes, niggas hear the 'EGHCK' and they know it's me

Chris Brown rule: throw it in recycle bin before you hear it. the track won't be good, don't even bother.

pusha t kind of bores me but that king push track is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom