• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pusha T - My Name Is My Name |OT| G.O.O.D Music is putting out G.O.O.D Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnone

I like this album quite a bit and haven't skipped any songs in my several playthroughs. I am surprised at how much I enjoy the Ross verse. SNITCH is fun - I like the melody of the chorus, though it sounds super familiar. And of course, I am enjoying the favorites (Numbers on the board, king push), and am jazzed that Kendrick got to show me my first dead body. =)

Pusha's rapping gets me hyped for sure! Though not as hype as I felt driving to Danny Brown's Old with the song transition into Dip yesterday on the interstate. I almost sped out of control in my old corolla.

Ross's verse is really good. I wish he could be that consistent outside of guest verses and the stupid genius that was Rich Forever.

codhand

t1O9ht1.gif

me when i finally understood kendrick's verse

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Damn I can't wait until this era of dick riding Kendrick Lamar ends. So many more entertain and promising rappers out there than him.

Nosetalgia -> Pain is such a great transition, and they're two monolithic songs. Love em. Honestly, S.N.I.T.C.H. sorta feels like an afterthought after that powerhouse duo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn I can't wait until this era of dick riding Kendrick Lamar ends. So many more entertain and promising rappers out there than him.
Where did this come from, who are you talking to?

The anti-Kendrick crusade or hating him cause he's hot right now (which he is) and your favourite rapper isn't is more pathetic than the blind followers off of Swimming Pools. Straight hater talk.

Gorillaz

Just had a nice listen through. Feature heavy as hell but it didn't feel too overdone until the 2chainz/Sean track.

Gotta catch up on other albums but it feels weird thinking that a Pusha album could be up there for AOTY

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really enjoying this, happy to see Push finally get this out. Did not disappoint, I'm surprised his track with Chris Brown is so good.

codhand

What is it? He's comparing dope to rap?

basically, but he takes it to another level.

kenneth is explaining his level of skill at rapping as tantamount to his father's 80's dope addiction, and now the reason he is so talented is the same reason his father was so addicted, and so even though kenny's not a drug dealer, he deals dope, in the form of verses, and the reason they're so good, is cause he was raised in that 80's crack addict environment

chris121580

This is one of the best albums of the year. Not sure how this isn't being talked about more. I think this trumps both Drake and Kanye's albums. It's also perfect length for a hip hop album. So good

basically, but he takes it to another level.

kenneth is explaining his level of skill at rapping as tantamount to his father's 80's dope addiction, and now the reason he is so talented is the same reason his father was so addicted, and so even though kenny's not a drug dealer, he deals dope, in the form of verses, and the reason they're so good, is cause he was raised in that 80's crack addict environment

It's not so much what Kendrick is saying (crack-as-rap-metaphor has been a thing forever), just the incredibly clever way he's saying it with connections from his personal life.

IrishNinja

production & most non-sean features were largely on point, shit was better than i thought going in. this year's top 10 AOTY list is gonna be tricky, but i see a spot for this one on mine.

Wish i could buy this more times. Got my gf to buy it and she's a marginal pusha T fan.

75k? damn that's pretty good.

i fastforward lamedrick's verse all the time. he's like a wack version of mf doom. no one cares what you have to say, just give te mike back to push lol

Fjordson

Finally listened to this. Better than I expected, but not great. I like Pusha and really liked some of Clipse (especially Hell Hath No Fury) but I dunno. Just sort of middle of the road I guess.

I forgot to check this out until now. Cot damn what was I thinking! This is everything you could want from a Pusha T album. Makes me sad that he doesn't get any radio love. Hip Hop fans need to hear this so they know what GOOD music is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom