• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS announces Xbox One Tour

jbug617

Banned
US- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/onetour
EU- http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/onetour (thanks Monkey Knuckle)
Locations are in the link.

Doing 2 kinds of stops

Test Drive
Xbox One is hitting the road with four decked out Xbox One trucks. Meet us at a Test Drive stop in one of the cities below and we'll put a controller in your hands, a game on the screen, and a spring in your step that'll carry you through to launch.

Area One
Drop in** on one of our Area One parties to experience the new Xbox One console before it goes on sale November 22. With live music, live gameplay, and more, you and your friends can paint the town green. Be sure to bring your ID: This event is 18+ only!

Iacobellis

They are doing this so close to launch, especially in NY, it'd be so much easier just to play one at a GameStop or Best Buy.

Logash

Oh wow they come to philly. I'll try it out :D

What is this area one thing? It says that there is one next next.

border

They aren't showing up in my area until November 17 -- like 5 days before launch. Seems utterly pointless.

This should be pretty cool though, for the people who are getting visits in like 2 weeks from now.

IT Slave

Banned
That map looks...unbalanced.

How many do they need in the DC area? Oh yeah, that's right. Due to the number of federal workers and contractors, it's affluent and largely unaffected by the economic downturn. So all the other places must be where the money is.

Not driving 5-hours to Asslanta just to try out the Xbox One.

Edit: One's at a Jaguar's home game??? That's all of 5 people. Depressed and suicidal people...

Mugatu

The scary thing is, I can see them pouring tons of money, time, and thought into marketing, not so much into development.

cafemomo

McDonalds?

mHDiLRE.png

border

Philadelphia gets the best deal I think. They have an Area One event one week from now. They get to play the system 45-60 days early, and no kids/teens are allowed to show up.

Chicago comes in second place, with an Area One event 3 weeks from now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for bringing KI to TFC a few weeks back, FilthieRich! Because... apparently, Microsoft has no interest in North Carolina, or it's surrounding states! And the Central US looks pretty bad, too!

I'd rather see announcement of a Best Buy Demo event. Ultimate Marvel 3 was in stores before it released, and I sadly sat there for hours playing at it, enough for the store employees to get to know me, lol. I'll do the same if you guys bring KI to Best Buy!

But, more on topic... cool deal for any who actually get to attend one of these things. I hope you all have fun!

Going to the event on Oct. 17th at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. I can just walk there after class and there are no kids allowed. Pretty Sweet

Top Bottom