• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mmm yeah I got a big ol' wang, come crowd round my man tower ladies mmm hmm

Slappers Only

So, I just got a new rig from work. 128gb of RAM, two or three Titans in it. Intel core... whatever or some shit.

This thing is blasting through games like a hot knife through butter. Outputting to two 60" Pioneer Kuros right now, and I can't believe what I'm seeing. As I'm tearing through the highest-end games like they're a joke, I realize that the visual "wow" factor for upgrading to new consoles will be all but lost on me.

And I was thinking that, okay, this is an exception. Most people wouldn't have access to this kind of setup. But that's not true. Even with the PS4, big deal -- I could have built that PC two years ago.

My laptop from 2008 is smaller, quieter, and by all accounts, performs better.

Maybe Kinect will do something that makes the Xbone a differentiated experience. Who knows. But for all the people who "care" about performance, and cite it as a reason to buy one console over another, what the hell is stopping you from just building a better PC two years ago?

Timed exclusives? Please.

I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good.

morikaze

Banned
Now make it play Uncharted and Halo.

image.php

Ebomb

Banned
In the tortoise and the hare, didnt the hare troll the tortoise the entire race before losing? My nursery rhyme memory is foggy today.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, I just got a new rig from work. 128gb of RAM, two or three Titans in it. Intel core... whatever or some shit.

This thing is blasting through games like a hot knife through butter. Outputting to two 60" Pioneer Kuros right now, and I can't believe what I'm seeing. As I'm tearing through the highest-end games like they're a joke, I realize that the visual "wow" factor for upgrading to new consoles will be all but lost on me.

And I was thinking that, okay, this is an exception. Most people wouldn't have access to this kind of setup. But that's not true. Even with the PS4, big deal -- I could have built that PC two years ago.

Timed exclusives? Please.

I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good.

image.php

"In your face, console gamer!"

Still, I don't care. Exclusive are exclusive, that's why I'm buying a PS4 even if I have a PC that is on par with it.

Dyno

Looks like another spawn of the master race has wriggled its way through the birth canal. Congrats!

Stable platforms, something for devs. to target on multi-year projects, install base, yadda yadda.

Sec guys I'm gonna buy this possibly $5k+ computer

And I'll go out on a limb and say your 2008 laptop won't perform better.

PC Master Race is nice and all, but sometimes there's fringe outfits that gotta be knocked back into the reality of 'I don't want to spend that much goddamn money'.

Gxgear

Why do you assume people don't have a high end PC? Where was your "new rig from work. 128gb of RAM, two or three Titans in it. Intel core... whatever or some shit" 2 years ago?

-Eddman-

Not everyone is living in countries where high-end PC gaming plus high electricity bills are affordable. I would love to play like that but here where I live a single good GPU is as much as an entire rig in the US.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Good for you having a nice work like that. Not wanting to spend 1000+ on a machine that I would use to just play games occasionally is what was stopping most people to build something like that two years ago. I'm also really curious what kind of beast laptop did you get five years ago that has such performance.

SHADES

Your post is all well & good OP but for many average Joe's our work doesn't supply us with the top of the mountain and our pay doesn't even scratch it.

Top Bottom