• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mmm yeah I got a big ol' wang, come crowd round my man tower ladies mmm hmm

Literally thousand upon thousands of games to play, why care so much about a special few?

You said it yourself. They are special. At least you admit it.

Being somebody who has played quite a few PC games and all games in general ... most of my best gaming memories have been 90% console.

I would trade almost every PC game there is for Red Dead Redemption.

Killah

Now make it play Uncharted and Halo.
RpoD7eQ.gif

That first post

Mung

This is the equivalent of someone buying a Ferrari and then mocking people who argue between Audi and BMW.

KOHIPEET

Now I have all this power! What to do with it? Oh yes, play the same games as console gamers but with more fps and higher res. Totally worth thousands of dollars of investment. :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You don't need this PC.
I need a PC, that's not my laptop (which I have to have for work). That extra PC would be used just for playing games (better than the laptop already can..) and practically for nothing else. And that on top of console(s) which I already can't not have because of games I can only play on them. Can I / Should I justify spending money on it? I find it pretty hard to justify.

I wish people who chest thump their PC config over consoles would consider a situation like this, which is probably what a lot of people are facing now, considering that just about everyone buys a laptop for work/school nowadays.

So, I just got a new rig from work. 128gb of RAM, two or three Titans in it. Intel core... whatever or some shit.

This thing is blasting through games like a hot knife through butter. Outputting to two 60" Pioneer Kuros right now, and I can't believe what I'm seeing. As I'm tearing through the highest-end games like they're a joke, I realize that the visual "wow" factor for upgrading to new consoles will be all but lost on me.

And I was thinking that, okay, this is an exception. Most people wouldn't have access to this kind of setup. But that's not true. Even with the PS4, big deal -- I could have built that PC two years ago.

My laptop from 2008 is smaller, quieter, and by all accounts, performs better.

Maybe Kinect will do something that makes the Xbone a differentiated experience. Who knows. But for all the people who "care" about performance, and cite it as a reason to buy one console over another, what the hell is stopping you from just building a better PC two years ago?

Timed exclusives? Please.

I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good.

you remind me of that member who posted those Roid Rage infused posts.

I've always had a hard time understanding the exclusivity fervor for those very few console elite series. How many of those thousands upon thousands of games have you played that you can make that kind of statement? I mean, you have one machine that can play games going back to the 80s for almost all consoles ever built, along with almost all new games, and so many new games coming out each month that you couldn't play half of them if you sat there 24/7 speedrunning as fast as you could. For me personally, there's no way one or two upcoming games could ever outweigh all that.

One or two? There are shitload of good console exclusives.

Mudkips

Banned
128 GB of RAM and "two or three Titans in it"?

Three Titans is 750 watts of GPU alone. Add in all that RAM and you're looking at a 1 KW PSU minimum. You don't just pick this sort of build of the shelf. You build it yourself or overpay some clowns to do it for you. Either way you're going to know the exact specs. And if you're buying it for employees, you don't pass it out to people who make terrible threads.

The Kuros line seals it.

Iwannaseethereceipts.gif

sakipon

Well he's not wrong.

I agree in the sense that console wars and system power comparisons should die down. We don't play console games for that.

However every time someone tries to convey PC's abilities on gaming, why is it that they feel the need to present it in the most off-putting master race tone? Reminding console plebs of their place.

edited: Whoa, I'm late. Title change while I was typing.

FACE

Banned
Wait what the fuck? Why is there 128gb of RAM in there? That sounds like BS to me. I've never seen a PC with that much RAM before. 32gb maybe, but not 128gb. Maybe you mean a 128gb SSD?

Probably not a machine built for gaming.

Edit: New thread title is great.

Portugeezer

At first I was wondering how a Junior Member would be able to create such a bad thread, but then... it clicked, and I read the updated thread title.

ModGAF FTW.

What a surprising outcome to the thread.

Shhh, everyone. We don't talk about how PCs will embarrass the glorious next gen.

But really, hope the OP didn't expect this to go any other way.

kyser73

... what the hell is stopping you from just building a better PC two years ago?

Mainly laziness and wanting a box I can just plug into the wall & telly in my living room, press one button and have it work without any facing around with builds, bios, thermal paste, form factor & mobo selection, installing an OS, drivers...

Oh god, he got juniored too? Bahahahahaha

I'm sure he's totally feeling sad about it...but then he realizes he has this sick computer and then laughs heartily

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
You don't know whether it has two or three Titans?

What's the difference between a few thousand degrees Kelvin when butter is being turned into plasma before the hot knife can even touch it. Though it can't be confirmed by the OP, I heard he was running 8K 60" TVs at 240 fps in stereoscopic deep-color gaming on HDMI 4.1. Also the Titians were testing 3D transistors and were reported to have bandwidth of only 900 MB/s because of alpha drivers.

Top Bottom